chapter 34
171 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

--MC POV--

From Laura last message it seems that Derek is in a bad condition, he can’t stand up alone anymore and his arm is already half covered with back veins.

On the other hand, Allison family just came back home, and this will complicate everything.

“What are we going to do?” asked Lydia.

“I’m going there to help him?” I’m not sure if this will work, but at least I may be able to tell Scott to be faster.

“How do you even plan to get inside there?”

“I’ll go there and give back to Allison her jacket” After that night, I washed it, but then luckily I forgot to bring it back and now it may be useful.

“And then?” She asked excepting me to keep explaining my plan.

“And then I’ll just use my charm to get something done” At my words all three of them looked me as if I was crazy.

“Better than doing nothing” I told them and went to my car to take Allison’s jacket.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You on your bike. You inside” am I so late? As I was approaching Allison’s house, I heard Chris Argent show off Scott.

“Oh, come on Chris. They were making out in the garage, not shooting amateur porn. You with the adorable brown eyes, drop your bike. You are staying for dinner” It was at this point, that Kate Argent, the woman who shoot Derek, intervened and helped Scott remain.

“Allison!” I called her.

“Thomas? What are you doing here?” Asked Allison after recognising me.

“I have brought your jacket. I completely forgot to give it back and since I was passing by, I decided to use this occasion. Did I interrupt something?”

“No you didn’t, you must be Thomas, Allison’s friend right” asked Kate, while eyeing me. She is definitely a cougar.

“I didn’t know you had a sister Allison”.

“That’s a little overused, but I like how it sound. We have place for another guest, right?” She approached me, took me from my arm and tried to drag me inside the house.

“Could you stop inviting any guys that comes here to dine with us? Moreover, he has a girlfriend.” said Chris tired of his sister antics.

“I’m sure she won’t mind if we borrow him for a dinner.” And the deal was done. Never underestimate a werelion’s charm and a cougar’s thirst.

As I entered the house, Scott was lost in his mind not understanding what the hell was happening.

He was brought out from his stupor by Chris.

“Do you like Meat” and the boy could only nod not knowing, how to behave in front of his girlfriend father.

“You don’t mind my presence?” Asked Scott.

“No, actually it may be a good chance to get to know you better” replied Chris as he put his hand on Scott shoulder and accompanied him inside.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Would you like something else to drink beside water Scott” asked a woman with spiky red hair, who is Allison’s mother.

“Oh no I’m good. Thanks” I could feel Scott heart beating faster and faster, and I’m not sure if this was because he is having dinner with his girlfriend’s family, or because they are hunter.

“We can get you some beer” poor boy he is going to be under a lot of pressure.

“No thanks”

“A shoot of tequila?” the father won’t give up.

The discussion went on, till Kate interrupted it, by turning down the conservative father mode that Chris had entered.

“I heard you two are part of the lacrosse team. I’m sorry, I don’t know anything about that. How do you play?” asked Kate giving Scott a way out from Chris barrage of questions.

“Well, do you know hockey. It’s a lot like that, but you play on grass” replied Scott, but this time too he wasn0t given an easy life.

“Hockey on grass is called field hockey” at this point I’m not even sure if this is a joke, even you worst enemy doesn’t deserve a father-in-law like Chris.

“Well, the difference between the two is that in Lacrosse sticks have nets, which are used to catch, hold and throw the ball” I added to complete Scott explanation in a way that would satisfy Allison’s father

“They were amazing during the first game, they scored all the goals of the game, while the opponents didn’t get one. Dad was there too, weren’t they good?” said Allison trying to praise her boyfriend.

“They were good, but students should concentrate on studying. How high are your grades, Scott.” Lydia’s mother and Malia’s father are quite nice, but I’m starting to rethink about the in laws after joining this dinner.

“Well, I’m… having some troubles lately.” He replied awkwardly.

Allison was starting to get pissed at her father attitude.

“Maybe you should spend more time studying at home rather than wasting time in other houses. And you Thomas? I’m not sure if he is aware I’m among the top in my class or if he is just targeting me too, but I have no intention to be used to further humiliate Scott.

“No problem. Could I know where the bathroom is?”

“There’s one in the guest room at the end of that corridor” replied Kate.

Now where would they hide these bullets? The door with the alarm would be a great place, but it is outside of my possibilities.

The other best place would be somewhere under her watch, and I have to consider that she can’t place them in plain sight or Allison might find out the truth and she may have to use them any moments with an alpha on the loose.

So, the guest room she is using would be a great place to hide something.

When I entered the room, my gaze was drawn to the bag that was sticking out from under her bed. I opened it and inside there was a box full of bullets except for one.

Seems like today is my lucky day.

I took a bullet, opened it and took out the wolfsbane inside, before using some strength to mount the bullet again.

On a first sight you wouldn’t recognize it was different, but if you were to analyse it, you could see the metal was slightly bent.

Let’s hope she won’t notice and who knows, this bullet may one day be used on Laura, Derek or Scott and what I did may save them.

I closed the bag and placed it right where it used to be and then went back to the dining room.

I wanted to get out immediately, but I was forced to stay for the dessert and listen to a story about how dangerous rabid dogs can get, but me and Scott, differently from Allison know what he is alluding to.

Werewolves may be dangerous if left unchecked, but my experience tells me that it also depends on who is turned into one.

A guy like Scott, even with little control over his power, reject the idea of becoming a murder, while many hunters forget, that they aren’t just killing mindless monsters, but also humans.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We reached the clinic and Derek’s arm was full of black veins, his skin was pale, and his eyes were half open.

Laura brought him to the table while I grabbed the wolfsbane, that I had stored in a condom.

They were the same ones I had bought for my first time with Lydia, and finally I found a use for them, luckily, I always carried one in the wallet.

Laura burned it with a lighter and a spark, followed by blue smoke, formed.

She then gathered the burned wolfsbane in her palm and put it on Derek’s wound, making him scream, but soon after the arm went to its previous state and the poison disappeared.

Laura immediately hugged her brother, and I was relieved that we were able to overcome this, but will we be as lucky next time?

13