Chapter 3 – Mary, the Dragon in a Sundress.
40 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Mary, the Dragon in a Sundress.

Jan 1991

(Saudi Arabia) Sargent Pendraig looked over the remains of the Iraqi 1st Mechanized Division, all these lives lost they thought, and for what? Oil rights. they joined the Marines to spite their old money family. They hated fighting for capitalism, but what choice did they have, it was this or go to some stupid Ivy league school and become the son their father wanted. Neither were good options, but they had hoped to god, the devil, or what ever cosmic powers there were that the Marines would make a man out them. Jokes on the world, sure the Marines were “hard core” “sharp as a knife” etc, and they could do the job perfectly.

But at what cost, that nameless feeling was always there, unchanged by situation by life, or finances.

Well, soon they would be leaving the Marines, Iraq wasn’t going to last long, and once they were back stateside, their time would be up, time to hang up the cammies and go civvies they thought, and who knows if what they had learned in Thailand was true, they could do something soon about it.

March 1st 1991

Two weeks before Sargent Pendraig was due to ship home and process to leave the Marines, they received a letter. Informing them their parents had died in a Boating accident. Their father apparently was drunk sailing and capsized their 100’ slope. The winter waters off the coast of Roade Island were too cold, and their parents passed before the coast guard could rescue them. The Lawyers had sent the letter informing them of the inheritance. It was not small.

June 1st 1991

Newly renamed Mary Pendraig had pulled off a massive victory getting a name change, and started her HRT before the year required social transition requirements. Money really did make things easier sometimes.

She had sold her families properties, stocks, and everything so she could purchase a block in Greenwich village. She opened a Small Bar and Grill, with a Hotel/Bed and Breakfast above the Bar. She also had a modest penthouse apartment on the top floor. It was a cozy place for her to become the woman she always needed to be.

December 31st Midnight 1992-1993

She had gone to Times Square, mostly to get outside air, and mostly because her staff, and patrons were being noisier than usual, which always played hell on her PTSD. So, taking a breezy walk even on New Years eve was the perfect cure.

Even if she was in a sundress, her imposing 6’5” was enough to keep her warm, and to keep her from being hassled. She made it to Times Square as the crowd yelled out “…4,3,2,1” that was when the world went black, then the Earthquake and the odd colored sky and odd hued lightning started up, curse her colorblindness. Once she stood back up she saw monsters everywhere, some of the civvies were monsters, and aliens, and things, but little green people started to attack, she reacted quickly knocking out a half dozen of the bity things, when she noticed she was flying. She flew up over the crowd, and then circled around and headed back to her bar, she had to protect her people and the bar. She landed outside the bar. When she noticed a few hundred of the critters skittering out of the sewers, and from behind the near alleyways. Just when she was trying to figure out how to protect the bar, and her patrons, several people, and a dog person showed up. They appeared to have also been fighting off the monsters. A few of them made some banter…

(Roll initiative  :p ) Note this is the only battle she’ll be a part of, and it’s only as an NPC, ie she’ll be keeping the numbers the party faces down to the bare minimum.

1