Chapter 238 – Breakfast in Eldoria
209 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you like my work and want to support me, consider checking out my Patreon. Besides several chapters ahead of the public, you will also be helping me get closer to my dream of being a full-time writer.

Now is the best time to become a Patreon since it is the beginning of the month.

In the morning, I was awakened by the sunlight streaming through the bedroom window. Despite being in a forest, there were still areas where the sun was visible, and the room we were using happened to be one of them. As I got up, I was met with a picturesque sight in front of me, observing the girls sleeping in the nude. I could only reflect on the pleasant moment we had shared.

With a slight smile on my lips, I rose from the bed and headed to the bathroom for my morning necessities, like brushing my teeth and taking a shower. After completing these activities, I left the room and found Elara dressed in her morning clothes – actually, she was wearing panties paired with a loose shirt.

"Thanks for the view"

I uttered these words while briefly closing my eyes. Meanwhile, Elara watched me with a puzzled expression on her face; even though her countenance remained impassive, the slight tilt of her head after my words indicated a certain confusion about the conversation.

"It's nothing... so, were you about to do something?"

Inquiring about this, Elara simply pointed towards the kitchen. With her face still undisturbed, she explained.

"Kitchen, I'll prepare breakfast"

Uttering these words, Elara headed to the kitchen and started preparing breakfast. Meanwhile, I sat and watched her work. Interestingly, in this world, there was something akin to a “stove” but, of course, instead of gas, they used wood to heat the top nozzle, enabling the cooking of food.

A notable peculiarity was that the woods in this world did not produce smoke. When I asked Sylvia about the reason, she explained that it wasn't that the woods didn't produce smoke, but rather the “stove” was equipped with a simple cleaning magic. Thus, whenever smoke was released, the stove itself eliminated it.

While reflecting on this, Elara seemed to have finished, and shortly after, she began arranging various dishes on the table. There was a diverse selection of foods like bread, fried eggs, juices, and other items, making breakfast quite substantial.

"Hmm... I'm hungry"

The first to get up, as always, was Ana, who seemed to have caught the scent of breakfast. Still with a sleepy face, Ana skillfully made her way to the chair and sat down. Then, she glanced at me.

"Good morning, Ma-kun"

Hearing that, I nodded to Ana with a small smile on my face. As I did so, the girls began to appear slowly. Saemi was the second, followed by Aoi. The last two were Fujiwara and Leona. With everyone at the table, we started enjoying our breakfast.

"By the way, do you have any new updates from Lyria?"

Of course, it's not like I was trying to rush them. The question naturally arose since no one was talking about anything. I guess it was just my attempt to break the ice. I didn't know much about Elara, so naturally, I wasn't sure what I could talk to her about.

"Lyria-sama contacted me last night; the message has already been relayed to the sun elves... but I think it will take a while before she receives it. Our requests usually have the lowest priority"

Although Elara said this with her usual expressionless face, a hint of disappointment could be felt in her words. I didn't know much about the situation of the moon elves and the sun elves, but it was clear that they were facing bullying at the hands of the sun elves. How did I know this? Before coming to this world, I was the same; the only difference is that here, it's extending to an entire race.

"It's okay; we don't mind waiting, but sorry if we seem to bother you for a bit longer"

Aoi expressed this with a sad smile on her face. The way she was, I'm sure she felt sad about the treatment given to the moon elves. After all, they were not to blame for being born with skin relatively darker than the sun elves.

The atmosphere became somewhat heavier, well, it wasn't really a very happy subject to discuss over breakfast.

"So... what do you think about taking a little stroll around the village today? We can buy some things"

Upon hearing my words, the girls brightened their faces with smiles. Elara, who had been silent until then, spoke up.

"I'll guide you"

With that, we finished our breakfast and began to get ready to go out. I opted for simple clothing, just enough to not attract too much attention. On the other hand, the girls, although also choosing simple clothes, were still elegant enough to stand out.

When I mention “stand out” I mean exactly that. Even in a country where beauty is the norm, they still managed to stand out. Of course, I'm not comparing them to female elves to say they are more beautiful, but there's a charm in them that attracts everyone's attention.

"Do you have any specific places you usually visit?"

Elara asked as we continued to walk. Honestly, I didn't have any specific place in mind, so I left the choice to the girls, who chose to visit clothing stores.

With that in mind, we passed by several stores where the girls began to make their purchases. Obviously, I was their “pack mule” just throwing the purchases into my storage. I really feel sorry for the guys who have to carry all these bags in their hands.

We spent so much time choosing clothes that we simply didn't notice the time passing, and before we knew it, we were starting to get hungry. With that in mind, we headed to a restaurant recommended by Elara. According to her, the food at this place was among the best in the village.

As we entered the restaurant, the first thing I immediately noticed was that everyone was chatting happily while enjoying lunch. The dishes were varied, and to my surprise, they also included meat dishes. Although we had already eaten some things from animals for breakfast, seeing a piece of meat still caught me off guard.

My discord server for conversations, there you'll also find photos of the protagonists of my works, as well as possible spoilers for my future stories, plus I'm always alerting you when a new free chapter is posted.

4