Volume 2: Chapter 12 Orientation
298 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ah, hello, hello, Can everyone here me? Those at the back, can you hear me? vice-principal can they not here me?"
"I don't think the voice amplifying is activated. Principal, did you forget to pour mana into it?"
"Of course I'm pouring mana into it. Do you take me for a fool?"
"Principal, are you holding the receiver and pouring your mana there?"
"Ah, looks like I forgot. Who the heck designed such a thing anyway? Why couldn't they designed it in a way that can receive mana as long as one touches a part of it."
"Principal, the Inventing hero Jimmy made it. So far a lot of people are trying to do what you just mentioned but it has been too expensive to cover the whole apparatus with magic absorbent coating. Also, doing so would bring forth interference from ambient mana and make the sound weird."
"Ah, eh, um. Anyway let's start again. Good morning, Everyone, Congratulations on being accepted into our proud Mithril Town Academy. I hope you succeed on whatever path of study you have chosen. Since we have newcomers this year, let me tell you about the history of this school."

What in this rocky mountain dwarven continent are they doing up there? If I didn't have excellent hearing I wouldn't hear this little skit they are doing all the way from the back but that piece of info about a hero caught my interest. Is it the same as the heroes of the human continent or are there reincarnated heroes that became other races? I need to look at this at a later date, It might give a clue as to where the hero hid the blessed starter set. I don't care much for the leather armour and stuff but the bag is very useful for me since it could cary my created weapons, my tools and raw materials.

Is this the pattern where the principal is some kind of plump clumsy cutesy character? Following that pattern then that vice-principal, who I assume is a lady gnome because of the purple pointed hat, is someone who picks up the slack and super capable. I see that this would be a rough school year, I hope to avoid dealing with them as much as possible. It's one thing watching a back and forth like that on tv and anime but if I'm the one who has to witness that, it would just annoy me to human kingdom come.

"...and fought against the legendary ancient mithril golem which formed the mountain you see before you. After the whole ordeal, the town was created to harvest the mithril and facilities to help in development and living space naturally sprouted overtime. Our Academy formed...."

While the old principal is rambling let's take a look at the teachers and staff. It should make it easier if I want to ask some help and questions regarding my school work. It wouldn't be bad for building up my network with them too, I hope they have a wide network too so they can introduce me to some easy work.

"...establishing the academy. However, after the establishment of the academy, a lot of problems keep cropping up. It can't be helped, after all the academy was established by miners and warriors. Not a single one of those present at that time learned from school so teaching others became a problem....."

Aside from the principal and VP at the platform, the teachers are in the front of the line for their respective courses. There are at least 3-5 teachers per course except the alchemist course who only has a single teacher, and she isn't even paying attention to those around her. She appears to be another goblin but has a mix of red and dark green colour, I have seen a lot of different coloured goblins since I came here. I'm starting to get curious on why they have different shades. She set up a mini alchemist table and is currently making some type of potion. I sure hope it won't explode, though I can be sure I am safe since the alchemist line is in between the army line and battle healer line. It might their countermeasure if something explodes while at the same time training the battle healers and army group.

"....Principal......-sha revolutionized the way our school worked and constructed..."

The battle healer teachers is probably the first and foremost people I need to be familiar with. Just in case I get injured, other than them I should find out the nurse or do we not have those? Anyway, the three battle healers are probably dwarf triplets, all ladies. They have the same type of armour, a leather vest and leather pants with a strong looking scaly gauntlet and scaly boots. They have the same face and same medium blocky build, so the only way I can differentiate them is by the colour of their leather clothes which is sky blue, scarlet red and lime green. Do they have to wear such flashy colours?

If they are going in a battle field wouldn't that colours make them stand out like a sore thumb. Ah, wait that is the whole point, maybe. By standing out like that, injured comrades can easily find them and it would also make it easier to see if they are in trouble and in need of help. However, to make such a thing the deciding factor to differentiate them be the colour of their leather armour. Even their face and ponytail hairstyle are the same. At the very least it is easy for me to find them, next one I need to remember are the miner teachers, since they might be my ticket to discounted metals and ore.

"...My great grandfather started the...."

The miners teachers are all huge buffed dwarfs who has long thick arms that looks like it could also function as a jackhammer. All of them are wearing hard hats covering their eyes so I can't really see how they look. They aren't equipped with pickaxe but with a huge hammer with pointed ends. Hmm, wait? Are they sleeping? I see them nodding from time to time, they are sleeping, right? All of them are leaning against their respective hammers with their arms folded over their chest. Right, they really are sleeping. I'll just ignore them for now and look at the army teachers first. I might need protection or if there are some arrogant hotheads from the army course students, I will know who I could report them to.

"...Bringing glory to the academy. And so...."

There are five teachers for the army course, and as expected of them, they are lined up perfectly and have perfect 'ready to battle' postures. Even though they aren't facing the principal, they are standing on attention while looking straight ahead. It feels like they are prepared for anything that can happen. This shows that they are very disciplined and probably very strict, since someone who is strict on themselves want to impose that kind of strictness on their students.

I can rely on them for any troublesome matters about security or troublesome students, that I can't handle myself. That is good news and all but I can't see their actual faces since they are all wearing a close helmet, since they are part of the army they are wearing matching armour so there is no way to differentiate them.

The only thing different are their weapons, they each have different weapons which I assume their specialty and the lesson they teach to students. A huge hammer, a rocky morning star, a short but thick looking spear, a double headed war axe, and a giant metal studed club. I'm interested in the metal club since it seems the easiest to swing around and I think hitting something with it would feel great.

"...Finally, the previous principal entrusted this academy to me. It has been 3 years since I have assumed this position. I know what you are all thinking, 'what kind of changes can you do in 3 short years', well let me tell you that in this 3 years..."

Now then, I saved the best and most important for last. My teachers at the blacksmith course. I say that I saved them for last but in truth it's because it's hard to see the front of the line when I have around 20-30 people right in front of me. At best I can only see their back profile. As expected of the most prominent job in the dwarfen continent, there are a lot of students in this course. It also has the most teachers, which is six people. Each of them has a simple shirt with a thick looking apron and an even thicker gloves. They carry a simple tool belt with a couple of hammers that differ in size, and lots of shiny metal thing-a-mabobs. I'm sure I will be familiar with those throughout my stay at this school.

"...You see, without me...."

All the blacksmith teachers are all dwarfs. Oh, the loud lady that told us to line up before is there. I didn't notice since her huge hammer isn't on her back but right in front of her, which is hard to see from here. I think she is using it to prop herself up and sleep on the broad flat side of the hammer. The pole handle is buried on the ground so there is a large chance that I am right. I think she is the leader for the teachers on the blacksmith course. She is standing right in the middle of the blacksmith teachers and she handled the reception this morning, while criticizing the principal openly, she must have a considerable position. I'll remember her but I want to avoid meeting her as much as possible since she looks like she is the loud and irritable type.

"...As I said, you are all lucky to be in this generation. I as the principal would promise to give you the--GAH!" - principal
"Shut up!! How long do you have to blabber like this until you're satisfied!!!"
"Principal, are you okay? Please finish the speech soon or we will eat up the lunch time too. Head Blacksmith Sophie please don't throw hammers at the principal since I'm standing right near him. You might hit me." -vp
"Vice-Principal Daniella, don't worry. I have good aim. Is everything done yet? This won't even contribute to the student's studies."- HB Sophie
"I understand, feel free to throw things from now on. We can have the battle healers student's try to heal the principal when he is injured. This should reduce the cost of getting paid lab subjects by at least one person. However, please don't aim at the head since he might use it as an excuse to play hooky. Anyway I think we have indulged the principal long enough. Everyone dismissed, the teachers would introduce you to everything you need to remember for staying in this academy. Ah before I forget, The biggest rule we have here is not to kill anyone. If you attacked someone with that kind of intent then we would know and give out appropriate punishment swiftly." - vp
"H-How cruel, I haven't have enough. I prepared a couple of weeks for this speech, I have enough material to cover classes until the after noon." - Principal
"Alright, blacksmith course students, Please follow me." -HB Sophie

Each teacher of the respective courses are starting to lead their students inside the school now. Only the principal and the vp stayed back, or to be more precise the vp is pinning the principal down the platform to stop him from continuing his speech.

"I didn't attend school and suffered through speeches and speeches only to not be given the right to deliver my own speech. I want to make long boring speeches too, I want to make the whole student body on the edge of awake and sleep too. Please don't deprive me of my reason for being principaaaaalllll!!! *bonk* ....ugh"
"Please stop talking nonsense and get back to the office. You have a lot of work to do. I will charge you extra if you push your work on me. As we are trying to find ways to keep the budget down, that kind of extra cost would be detrimental for us so please do your work seriously."

So vicious, I can't believe she knocked the principal out like that. A solid hammer to the head and he is out cold. It looks like the principal would be replaced soon.

 

Well they finally cut hours, I have more time now. I'll try to hurry along and release more these coming weeks. I got another job before to stash some money for things I needed to buy to prepare for what is happening.

As a rule of thumb, if I don't post anything in two weeks, assume I am not coming back. Unless I announced a break/hiatus/vacation or things in that nature.

10