Volume 1: Chapter 2 Animal(?)
1k 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I haven't encountered anything. For 2 whole days I haven't seen anything but trees and plants. My water bag is empty, I need to replenish water soon. I need something to eat too or I'll die without even reaching civilization.
"Ribbit"
"FROG!!!"
Food? I don't care anymore anything is fine, I need to survive. I need to find where that sound came from before it escapes.
"What the hell is that!?"
That is one huge frog. About 2 something metre high? How do I even fight that? Even the small ones are quite quick and hard to catch. Ei, who cares I will just slash it until its down.
"HAAH"
"CROAAAKK"
I,I did it. It felt like I hit bone but its on the leg so this should make it slower, it looks pretty angry though. I need to hide behind the trees to use it as shields.
"Over here you big FROG, How does it feel like to be compared to chicken every time they eat you!? You have no unique flavour, so you can only get recognition as comparison!!"
"RIIIIBBBIIITT"
Nice, it looks irritated. Did it understand or did it feel like I am making fun of it? Now, I just need to wait for it to charge here and I can attack from behind the tree.
"Croak"
"DIE!!"
With a stab from above I hit it right between its eyes. It seems shallow though. I need push it in and penetrate deeper to reach the soft gooey insides.
"Woah, calm down! Don't shake me off. I can't kill you like this"
It's no use I don't have enough strength to drive the sword into its skull. Maybe I can use my weight to pound it in. Like a human hammer pounding a sword nail. It's hard to get the right angle though since the frog keeps shaking me off.
"Don't move! I can't get a good pound on the sword like this."
It's going to be a battle of attrition like this, its fine the meat from this crab should be well worth the energy I spend killing it.
...
"Haahh, Haahh, Is it over?"
Finally, it took how many minutes but its finally dead. The head looks horrible though. yuuuck, I busted the skull and actually scrambled the brains, the eye is also popped because I held onto the socket when I almost fell. It's alright, I can still stomach this. My parents used to bring me fishing when I was a child so I had to clean and gut fishes.
This is the same, don't think, this is the same, its only a bigger strange looking fish, don't think, you can't throw up, you need to live. Just take the legs, it has the most meat and you wouldn't have to deal with the innards, don't think. I need to slice the arms and legs off then start a fire to cook it.

A frog is here so there should be water nearby too right? Frogs live near water so there must be some nearby.
How do I make fire? argh, I remember something about two stone sparking a bundle of wood or maybe the famous rub two sticks together until it catches on fire but would that work? Now is not the time to think about it, worst comes to worst I would take my chances eating it raw. I need to drink water first, it should also be safer to wash it if I want to eat it raw or cooked.
I can still cook it, yes I can, that should be the priority, yes, I can make fire, yes.

"The frog was facing this way so behind it must be where it came from? Then water should be around that direction."
It must have heard my shout earlier and came to see the disturbance, yes, it must be trying to protect its water base from me, that rotten frog keeping me from drinking water. Its going to be rotten soon anyway hehehe. When I find your water base I will destroy it and take a bath right next to it. How do you like that!!

This is one frail sword though, is it supposed to be chipped this bad with just one frog? I need a new weapon soon, it has more dents now since I used it to chop the limbs off. For now, I need to replenish my water.
Having the smell cut-off inside the bag is convenient for my nose. The splashes of blood and flesh on me still smells though. I wanted to take a bath but there is no soap. Will the water remove the smell too? What do people do to remove the smell before soap was invented? Hmm, if there are otherworlders here they should have made some soap right? I don't have money and I still can't see any sign of civilization though.
...
An hour? or maybe more, I finally found a large slow river. I don't know if time stops inside my bag so I should skin and wash the frog meat before they spoil. Crude sword please have a sharp edge left. Oh its still sharp, near the handle. I have to bury the sword deep if I wanted to cut using the hilt though, ah frog meat will become a fillet at this rate.

Finally done, I should leave the meat underwater for some time to cool it down a bit. It won't really be a freezer but it should be better than here above water. I'll just pin it with some rocks I found in the river, some?, the current might wash it away so lets just bury it with all the rocks I can find. It should be tenderizing the meat too, hehe.
Hmm, I saw in movies that striking two stones together could make sparks but for now I need to collect dry leaves or small sticks. Its not making sparks, and its starting to hurt doing this. I guess rubbing sticks is next.

"ARGHH!!! raw it is then."
Bleuurgh, eck, just don't vomit, it will be okay, otherworlder builds up resistance quickly in fantasy worlds, I should have the same trait. For now I need to follow the river so I won't lose my water source. I could also catch fish and it should be safer since sushi is a thing.
....
I don't feel too good, my head hurts and my stomach is turning, is this the effect of that frog. I at least hope its not poisoned or I would die sooner. I need to find civilization quickly before I lose consciousness here and get eaten by another frog. Maybe I should make a boat, the current looks slow enough, I need to chop some wood though. My sword would get destroyed and I won't have anything to defend myself but I would travel faster. My sword isn't that sharp anymore so a solid branch could replace as a weapon, for now I need to chop up some logs to make a boat.

I have no rope or vines though. I guess I need to make a canoe looking thing from a trees trunk.
I feel like a crafter, maybe I can apprentice under a weapon smith somewhere? Weapons should be more profitable than building houses and furniture in this world where there are frogs like those.

I guess, this is as far as my sword goes. Its more like a metal bat now. I felt like I was pounding the wood somewhere in the middle but I manage to power through. Relaxing in the boat should let me recover a bit.
Time to find civilization or rather time to find anyone who can heal this sickness of mine before I die.

17