Volume 2: Chapter 1 New Start
437 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now where am I? I'm at a mountain, on a cliff edge halfway up the mountain to be exact. The surrounding looks like a wasteland. I can see trees but the leaves aren't green. It looks like a red barnacle rather than a tree. The best choice now is to climb up the mountain and looks for places to go. The mountain looks very tall though and I feel like I got shorter. So they really did change my body but I have a muscular but stocky build to be a child. My elephant below is also a proud lion prowling the forest. I might have become a dwarf.

I'll learn from my mistake before and won't wear clothes. Even if they arrest me I would just tell them bandits took my clothes as a joke after they took my valuebles. This way my items remain in my storage and those so called descendants won't be able to take it. My skin looks a bit rough so I think my defense also increased. A little friendly skinship with the mountain side is probably ok. Should I sing a song while climbing? maybe some 'born to be wild' kind of song.

Climbing sure is hard or not, I'm just slow. Being a dwarf I think I gained more strength than when I was human. I need to see a mirror to be sure though. I either became a dwarf or the jack smith kid is a world class kid body builder. A kid has a short attention span so he never paid attention to his appearance. The skin is the same colour but the build is more muscular. It's settled I became a dwarf. How much longer to the top? It's been 30 minutes since I have climbed up but I can't really judge vertical distance but I feel scared looking down so maybe I'm pretty high up.

Amazing, I have been climbing for an hour but I still have the strength to continue. My breathing is still fine and I don't feel tired at all. The skill is already useful. I can't see it but I feel I'm close to the top. Just a bit more, I can overcome this and climb to the top. Pierce the mountain top!!

Well enough playing around I'm already at the top. The view is still a wasteland as far as I could see. A lot tree, cactus, barnacle or bamboo looking things sparsely scattered around. Nothing is green though, most of them look earth tones or bright red. Does that mean the water around them is also coloured the same? There are mountains and volcanoes further in the distance. Nothing that looks like a settlement where people can live. In the north is more of those weird looking trees. South has a huge wasteland looking plain with a few golem? walking about. East has groups of mountains with sparse bamboo looking trees? West has a big volcano with fire monsters? and more bright red coloured trees.

Which way should I go? South is no good since I can't hide from the golems or earth elemental? I don't know what they're called. Let's go with golem. I can't outrun the golems with this small body and I can't see anything but a large plain so its basically wandering with no goal in sight. Hmm, since I'm a dwarf and I feel stronger, could I perhaps punch them down? Even if I did die, I am still stuck in this world's reincarnation wheel so I would just get reincarnated or reborn with all my memories.

HAH!! I could die a couple of times and keep farming skills to make myself super OP!?!? Probably better to avoid that. I know I died a couple of times but I should avoid an early death. Since I have all the time in this world, so far from being able to come back(technically) from death, I should enjoy each reincarnation.

The west should obviously be avoided since its a volcano. I doubt anything would live near the volcano. I can't see any way to get water there either so that should be avoided. Does the flame monsters there have flesh or are they just hot stuff, hahaha. Is it because of the memory from the kid but I somehow find it funny. Anyway no way I would go there since its basically devoid of anything I can use to live.

The east is a possible way to go since there are some trees and a group of mountains. Bamboo lives near water right? The bamboo is silver coloured though. It should be possible that its a different version of bamboo that is specific to this world. I can also eat the shoots. The mountains should also be home for dwarfs according to what I know in fantasy movies and games. Right, it's a very possible destination for me.

The north is full of weird looking trees and trees need water so there has to be water there. I can also use the trees to make a shelter for me. The only problem is the food. Even though it doesn't look like a forest there are still a lot of trees so there should be small critters living there for me to eat. The trees are very far apart that is why it's not a forest but something alive should still be there. As expected, me being gutted alive in the healing academy to show students what to focus on healing depending on the injury will make me used to blood and guts. Even though I haven't tried doing it myself I think I'm okay with doing it.

East or the North? Both of them look very good choices. I can't decide, if only I have a coin to flip and decide something like this. Should I stick to the stereotype of mountain dwarf or should I ignore that and make a house near the tree on the plains. I don't want to gamble by going to the mountain only to find it empty but even if I like being alone I need an example of how a dwarf should live. In my first life I realized that I can't live completely self-sufficient in this world. Especially in this dry wasteland where I can't do any farming.

I'm no longer human so it's best to ignore my common sense and stick to the mountains. Wait, I only know dwarf go with mountains since it's common sense in fantasy settings I read so its a human common sense still. I never saw a real dwarf society so I won't know any dwarf common sense. Ah, forget thinking I will go to the mountain. I can't see any villages up north so I'm sure there aren't any people there. I will take the gamble with the mountains. I can use the bamboo looking thing as a weapon too. The copper sword is useless it won't even serve as toothpick for golems, they don't have teeth though.

Alright, it's decided I'm going East. I hope I meet a dwarf society there somehow. I should make my setting now too. I'm Brill Smith, since it seem dwarfy. I'm a lone dwarf who loss his memory from a punch of a golem. I was saved by bandits but they took everything from me as compensation, even the clothes. I have a care-free attitude and I laugh with zozozoz? gohogoho? chichichi? Gahagaha? gaha gaha it is. That should be good and I need to set my class to none with my job to [Traveler] with no title. My thoughts are really getting all over the place, well it's a good sign that I escaped. In the academy, all my thought are about how long am I going to live or if I'm going to be selected to be another 'class project'.

Setting finished. Now how do I get down from here? Is there a less steeper way down? Oh, down south has a bit more ledge and what's this? I see a skeleton and armour on one of the ledge. Did that person die climbing here? I can have an easier time going down and I can wear something dwarfish. Time to climb down.

Climbing down is harder than climbing up because I can't see where to step. Slowly, Carefully while taking care not to scratch my pacific cod and now I'm on the ledge with the dead body.

Now then let's have a look on what happened to you. A broken huge mace? The metal part at the end is basically a stick now, the edges are ripped off. The handle and stick to the weapon head is broken in pieces. At best I can throw the pieces at an enemy but I doubt it's useful against golems. A full plate armour with a nasty dent at the back made from a big hammer or a solid punch. Attacked by behind by the golem, perhaps. The only escape route is up the mountain. Succumbed to the injury and died on a ledge. Its only bones so it happened a long time ago. I can't use the armour since its dented in but I can use the chainmail worn inside. The pants and foot armour seem fine so I could use it. I don't need the helmet since it smells bad, it smells like my roommates in the death row criminal group at the knights and healers academy. It smells like a rotting corpse, I may be used to it by now but I prefer the clean air.

Now that I have clothes I need to change my setting. I can't say I got robbed by bandits now since I'm clearly wearing armoured pants and shoes? What do you even call the foot part of armour? Never mind, I'll just say that I got hit by a golems punch to the head and lost my memory, could people even survive a golem punch? If I say I had a good helmet and blocked with my weapon, that unfortunately god destroyed, then it should be plausible. I escaped to the mountain but fainted on a ledge. I threw my upper armour at the golem when it tried to climb up, seems stupid to discard a defensive equipment but let's blame it on desperation.

Alright, time to start my travel. I got clothes and a suitable setting now too. My first goal is to blend into dwarven society and make a living. I'm not aiming for a self-sufficient life since that failed badly last time. I was too detached from everyone that I didn't know the princess started to make a move to capture me. I still want to be a provider instead of a consumer so maybe I can learn blacksmiting? It might be useful too since I can make my own weapons with my preference. When I get famous I would rake in a lot of money too. I had trouble with money last life since I didn't think I would need it when I can eat what I make but as expected I need money.

Destination: East to the group of mountains. Goal be a great and rich blacksmith. DEPART!!!!! 

*sigh* I think staying inside the academy made me a bit crazy.

14