Volume 2: Chapter 8 Laundry
314 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Booooooooommmm*

10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1 and it should be safe now.

Time for some naked laundry, if I act like its normal no one would mind right? At least for my mental health, it would help. New body, new shame. I was an old man before, around mid-forties, when they sent me to the academy. With all the fighting, blood, sweat and tears, I didn't mind any kind of shame. Heck, I was barely hanging on to life to mind such things. Now that I think about it, I don't have to worry about it anymore. I went through a lot worse so no matter what happens it won't really matter. Ah, how futile is life in this world. Good thing I have so few things to wash, I don't have a basket to carry it with after all. I don't really want to expose my storage ability yet, since I didn't show a job that has a storage ability.

The laundry room is behind this door. Is it a manual laundry or did the clever crafters in the dwarven continent make a machine to help with the laundry. I am counting on you smart predecessors, please give me this bit of household convenience!

*Click* *Open door*

"haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" *sigh*

As expected huh. At least its not fully manual. Let's see what we have here. A big room about as big as a classroom, from a dwarf's perspective, full of washing machines and a door leading outside with rows and rows of clothes drying racks. From this its obvious that there isn't a dryer. I don't think there is a way to make a manual dryer in this world without using a real flame and it's pretty dangerous too so we have the drying racks.

For the all important washing machine, its a semi-manual type. I admire the creativity but it doesn't change that I have to manually work to wash my clothes. The machines is only some kind of drum with the inside having those speed bumps to help wash the clothes but its on top of a flat revolving wheel, like those used on pottery. It doesn't have the step to make the pottery wheel turn but right in front of the machine it has chair with a bicycle like pedal mechanism in between the chair and the drum.

There are still people washing their clothes here, and fortunately or unfortunately some are naked too. Looking at how they do it, they put their clothes inside the drum, separated by the usual white, colours etc. They fill it up with water until the laundry is submerged, and finally sit on the chair and pedal. I can't estimate how long they have to pedal but there people checking if the stains are removed from the clothes from time to time. Pedal until you feel it's clean, I guess. There are some kind of big bin for a powdered detergent at the center of the room where the students just scoops with a ladle to add to the clothes. That is one thing I don't have to spend money on.

To minimize my presence I should pick the furthest at the back away from the door. I don't like the feeling of people passing behind me all the time, it's annoying. Since there are other people naked here, I won't bother having shame too. I'll just get this over with so I can have my shower then eat with a clean feeling. Does a dorm provide food or do I need to buy something from the town? I'll worry about it later, if push comes to shove I will just drink water to keep my hunger down.

So I just put it into this drum, I don't really need to separate anything since the only coloured thing I have are my light brown pants but I guess I can mix it all. I can't see any bleach so just the detergent.

A single scoop should suffice for some bed sheets, blanket, towel and a single set of clothes. After that, open the tap water and soak the clothes. I suppose the detergent powder is a product of the alchemy students. I hope failed products aren't mixed in with these. These properly got a pass from the teachers right?

Finally, I will keep pedaling until I feel like the clothes are clean. *pedal* *pedal* *pedal* *pedal*

This is easier to do than doing it manually in the village. Even though I have the butler passive to make things easier to clean I hate how my hands get prunny while scrubbing stains off the laundry. Now that I think of it, will my passive work if I'm using a machine? In the hero kingdom at the castle, We had a community laundry where a big pool of water, about the size of a quarter of a swimming pool, mixed with liquid concoction for detergent. The army magicians then mixes it in a whirlpool and we just throw a bag filled with our laundry inside. I never had to wash the laundry because of that. The princess, queen and the other ladies have delicate's but the maids wash those, men are forbidden from touching it or even seeing it. They wash it at the top of the tower during a full moon to bathe and bless the delicate's with beautifying effects, or so the men say, guy talk pretty much.

*pedal* *pedal* *pedal* *pedal* *pedal* *pedal* *pedal* *pedal* *pedal*

This is boring, I have to pedal the whole time while I'm doing laundry. Even doing laundry in the modern world is also boring, I watch TV or play some games to past the time but I don't have such a thing here. I see some of the students are reading books or lifting dumbbells, really going for a full workout, there are even some who are sleeping while pedaling. I don't want to work out since i'm tired, I don't have any kind of books and notes, and I certainly can't sleep naked in a public place while pedaling. I'm stuck like this until I finish, how long do I have to be stuck like this. Now that I think about it, I'm sitting naked on a chair that is frequently used by others who may or may not be naked too.

This new life sucks so fast.

*pedal* *pedal*

It looks clean enough, I can't smell anything too. It should be clean enough but I had to spend around an hour pedaling with full power, it's great that my new skill is very practical. Now I have to dry it outside........ I won't think anymore, I need to eat soon or I would collapse. Please dry quickly.

The view outside is plain. The whole school grounds is fenced off so I can't see anything outside, its good thing too since the outside doesn't see me. How plain, only a shed as big as a two-car carriage, many rows of drying racks and finally the grassy open field with footpaths everywhere. I like the look of grassy field but seeing it littered with footpaths just multiply the beauty of it to zero. The view at my room isn't any better since I'm only at the third floor, the best I could see is the tall mountain and a bit of the high buildings in town. Let's just get this over with and get a meal, I can't stay naked forever.

"OOOOOOOOOOHHHHH! We have a new piece of meat in here!!!!"
"Turn around and shake those peaches!"
"Hey boy, you new here? How about coming here and we teach you the ropes?"
"Yeah, we can show you how to properly use that hammer you have there!!"

My non-existent beard!!! I forgot that the girl's dorm is just at the other side. Other guys are going out naked but why did they only react when I came out? Is it because they are used to it, and me as the new guy got their interest? Whichever it is, they sure know how to heckle. Feeling embarrassed here would just add more fuel to their excitement, the best way to handle this situation is to boldly do what I need to do and ignore them.

Having a crowd of people looking at me naked is something I have an experience on after all. At the very least, I'm not strapped to some table being sliced open and injected with all kinds of poisons.

I remember when the class had a group project and we, the test dummies had to be given to the groups. I think the project was something about how to regenerate limbs. They removed our arms and legs, even the third leg, and sealed the wound. The students would then have to regenerate us, 25 points per full limb and a 5 point bonus for our rooster with eggs, with a three month time limit, they would also need to keep us alive. Food, water, and going to the toilet would have to be handled by the group, it was a different kind of hell.

I was one of the lucky one's I got assigned to a group of young ladies, they were gentle albeit serious and looking at me like a test subject. It was a weird experience, they regenerated my cobra first and proceeded to do 'human experiments'. I hear from the fellow dummies that its normal to happen and all of them were excited about it, it should make sense since all of them are criminals who has the lowest living conditions.

The hero prohibited sex until you reach 20 years old after all, something about in his previous life others were consumed by demons and got corrupted from doing that earlier. He held true to his inner peace and achieved strength by protecting his virginity until he was transported at 20 years old in this world and getting a happy married life a couple of months after being transported, only people from our world would know that that particular hero is just jealous of others being happy so he sealed sex until 20 because that was the time he got his. If he did it at 30 he would prevent others from doing it until 30, that is the kind of hero I see him to be.

There was a young lady at that time who was only 19 and she could not even enter the room according to the law, she vented that frustration by doing the regeneration healing roughly. Since they are only about medium level healers, the only way they can do regeneration healing is to cut open the would and heal it with more than extra power to over heal the wound and somehow push forth regeneration, high level healers don't need to do that since they would have gained regeneration magic which would work easier at the cost of high mana.

I suffered unnecessarily because of that, thank goodness her birthday was only a couple of weeks away since she would reopen my would using acid, it felt like ants gnawing on my flesh. When her birthday came she got that yandere vibe and we did it for the whole weekend, she kept choking me with stamina drinks. They finished the project in just a month but didn't submit me as proof yet, I got a small respite from the torture but handling five sex crazed young ladies was a different type of torture.

The girls dormitory calling me out with different names to me is just childish compared to that. After I hang my laundry, I can still watch it dry inside the laundry room after all.

8