Chapter 71 – The Dark Human Is Missing?
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dam Son was beaten and tortured for 3 consecutive days. They gave him nothing to eat, not even a sip of water, thus he looked very pale. Boss Vage really knew how to torment his captives. Not only did he deprive Dam Son of sustenance, but also dislocated his joints so he wouldn’t think of escaping.

Boss Vage had instructed his best Wordsmiths to crack down on Dam Son’s Guide that they suspected was storing the Abyss Script. After they forced Papyrus to materialize, they were stuck trying to gain access to its contents due to the high-level encryption protocol that had been installed. Though they tortured Dam Son more, he still refused to give them want they wanted.

In light of this, Boss Vage had Professor Oreo coupled with his highly skilled Wordsmith subordinates decrypt Dam Son’s locked Guide. They had to be careful not to forcibly damage the Guide’s construct, otherwise, the Abyss Script would be lost forever. Hence, they took a safer approach that was really time-consuming. With every passing day, Boss Vage grew more impatient with waiting for his Wordsmith staff to accomplish the important task given to them.

On the surface of Raixom Academy, a few people who were closely related to Dam Son started noticing his absence. While teaching the 2 pupils he had about Natural Verb Force, Jin Hennessy asked them about Dam Son’s whereabouts and they replied that they didn’t know.

“Something smells fishy. That annoying brat has never missed a day of training no matter how difficult I make it.” Jin Hennessy asked his disciples when the last time they spoke to Dam Son was. As they told him the necessary details, they remembered that Dam Son went to see Vor Eyes that night he went missing.

“He’s probably over by that four eyes kid place doing God knows what. We all know how that Dark-Human gets when he sees something interesting.”

“But this time, no one has seen or heard a peak from him for days. Xuan Li I think that we should go by that lab and look for Dam Son. I have this feeling that he might need our help.”   

“Well, you go alone turtle. I don’t have time to waste on others who are more accomplished than I am. My training comes first.”

“Why are you being so mean Xuan Li, he’s our friend. If he’s in trouble, at the least we should help him out.”

“Nobody is sure if he’s in trouble or not. He’s probably fine wherever he is.”

“Have you known Dam Son to ever miss a day at training? And if he’s fine what is preventing him from answering our calls via Guide contact? Doesn’t this all sound suspicious Xuan Li?”

“He’s probably somewhere underground where there’s bad reception. You know how these apps can be unstable at times. Look here turtle, stop stressing yourself out. Dam Son can take care of himself. Now please stop bothering me so that I can focus on my training.” Xuan Li walked away from Sugar Bun’s side because he was getting tired of his nonsense.

“Fine, you go back to your training but I’m going to that lab to find out what happened to Dam Son. That is where he said he was headed the last time we spoke to him.”

“Then go ahead. You don’t even know where it is?”

“Of course I…” Sugar Bun paused his speech trying to recollect the location of Vor Eyes laboratory. “Isn’t it somewhere near the central square?”

“That lab exploded, remember? He must have rebuilt it somewhere else. Good luck finding it.” Xuan Li chuckled before he moved further away from Sugar Bun.

Meanwhile, Vor Eyes was inside his workstation tinkering with a few connecting mechanisms. He was missing a fundamental element needed to finish what he was working on, thus he decided to stroll into his brother's private quarters to search for the missing piece. As he snooped around inside, he discovered something that left him baffled for a moment.

“Isn’t that thing…?” What Vor Eyes discovered was a lone sapphire suitcase being bound in restrictive chains. “What is Dam Son’s precious luggage doing here, moreover, imprisoned in chains? This is alarming.”

Snooping around further into his brother’s chamber, Vor Eyes came across a few documents which represented illicit experiments being done on both humans and beasts alike. “Brother what have you been up to?” With this much grotesque element flooding his eyes coupled with Suit’s presence, Vor Eyes began suspecting that his brother had done something bad to Dam Son. He tried contacting him via Guide but the connection wasn’t getting through.

“I knew that my brother was associated with some shady people, but I was too naïve to fully believe it. I have to find out what has happened to Dam Son.” Before he left the lab to go investigate, Vor Eyes released the shackles from the sapphire suitcase. “Don’t worry Suit, I’ll get you out of here.”

As soon as Suit came free, it extended its handle into Vor Eyes’s grasp then flew towards the exit with him still hanging on tight. “Woah! Slow down! Where are you taking me?”

Suit didn’t slow its speed for anything, it carried Vor Eyes nonstop all the way to the peak of Jin Hennessy’s mountain. He landed with a loud crash.

“Huh, what was that explosion?” Xuan Li and Sugar Bun who were still practising at Jin Hennessy’s place witnessed when a blurry object crashed onto the mountain top. Feeling curious, they naturally went to take a closer look.

“What in the world…?” Sugar Bun was appalled to discover an almost unconscious Vor Eyes laying on top of Suit. “You’re that four eyes kid who is responsible for the explosion in the square that night. What the heck are you doing with Dam Son’s suitcase? He’s never a foot away from that thing and here you are taking it for a joy ride. Even I’m not allowed to touch it. Just how close have you 2 become in only a few days.”

“Oh, somebody sounds jealous.” Xuan Li came along mocking Sugar Bun for his brief display of envy.

“Shut up Xuan Li! This isn’t funny.”

“My bad turtle, you don’t have to chew my head off.” Xuan Li hopped down into the crater to help Vor Eyes up. “Hey, why are you in possession of that suitcase? Even I’m curious to find out why Dam Son allowed you to touch it. Kid do you hear me?”

“Yes, I do.” Now that his head has gotten a little clearer, Vor Eyes alerted Dam Son's classmates of what transpired. “This luggage brought me here against my will. I think that Dam Son might have been kidnapped.”

“Kidnapped.” Xuan Li and Sugar Bun were incredulous when they heard this. “Who would want to kidnap that stupid Dark-Human?”

Vor Eyes confessed, “I think my brother might have done something bad to him.”

“Your brother? Why would he hurt Dam Son?”

“That’s what I want to find out.” Vor Eyes climbed out of the crater with Suit still in his grasp. “I think that this luggage brought me here to seek help in order to rescue Dam Son before something extremely bad happens to him.”

Xuan Li enquired, “Do you have any idea where he’s been held, Four Eyes?”

“Not a clue, but I think this luggage does. It seems antsy. Probably Dam Son doesn’t have much time remaining. He once told me that he and this luggage are of the same existence. I’m not entirely sure what he meant by that but I interpret it that they have an inseparable bond. I think he got into trouble because of me. So will you two help me rescue him?”

“As much as I detest that damn overachiever, training is not the same without him around.” For the first time, Xuan Li admitted his true feelings. “He’s sort of my rival. You don’t have to ask me twice, of course, I’ll lend a helping hand. What about you turtle?”

“You already know the answer to that.”

“Then what are we waiting around for guys? We should hurry.” Vor Eyes desperately wanted to get to the meat of the matter, thus he became impatient.

“Not so fast.” Sugar Bun looked around the mountain for someone specific. “Master Jin must have gone out to drink liquor. He should be getting back soon to check on our training. I’ll leave a note behind. Hopefully, he sees it and come help out.”

Sugar Bun tore a sheet of paper from his Guide that explained how Dam Son was in big trouble and that they were going to rescue him. It also had a Location Tracker Script running so Jin Hennessy could know of their current location. Sugar Bun left the floating paper by his master’s liquor storage shed; there, he would definitely see it. 

“We should get going.” With Suit and Vor Eyes in the lead, Sugar Bun and Xuan Li followed behind them at a close distance. They were being led to a hidden area where Dam Son was being held captive.

 

 

0