Chapter 74 – Rip Out His Script!
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The man carrying Dam Son’s suitcase finally made it to his destination. That cell block was swarming with a variety of expert Wordsmiths. He literally had to squeeze his way through the crowd to get to Boss Vage. Tor Eyes was elsewhere at that moment so he wasn’t alert to the treachery at play.

“Boss, I brought something that belongs to the prisoner. I think you’ll find it to be useful in your search.”

“What is it?” Turning his eyes away from Dam Son, Boss Vage identified the object his underling spoke of. “Good job. Set it down over there. I’ll open it myself.”

“Yes, boss.” The subordinate did as was told. After placing the suitcase by the corner, he paid his respects then exited the cell. Too many essential individuals were there for him to linger longer.

Dam Son was still bound in chains. He had been tortured to such an extent that his apparel was all ruined. His upper torso was completely exposed to receiving Boss Vage’s heavy blows with precision. He allowed no one else to torture Dam Son because he didn’t want them to steal what was his.

“…” With his eyes barely able to keep open, Dam Son noticed when the man brought in his sapphire suitcase and set it down in the corner. ‘Suit, they’ve caught you too? No, you gave yourself up?’ Dam Son communicated telepathically with his blue counterpart. He found out that his friends had infiltrated the underground base to rescue him. This brought a tiny smile to his face that was discovered by the boss.

“Brat, what are you smiling at? Hm?” Boss Vage noticed how Dam Son was eying the suitcase that was lying in the corner strangely. “Could it be that you hid it inside there? We shall see.” Just about to go over and open the sapphire suitcase, something important was brought to Boss Vage’s attention by his trusted partner and cohort, Professor Oreo.

“Mr Vage. We’ve done it. We’ve successfully hacked into the kid’s Guide.”

“It’s about damn time. What do you have for me?”

“Here, come take a look at this.”

Boss Vage told the excess heads that were congesting the chamber to wait outside. Afterwards, he and Professor Oreo browsed through the contents of Dam Son’s Guide. Very quickly, they found what they were looking for.

“The Abyss Script. Ha-ha-ha! I’ve finally found it!” Feeling excited coupled with major impatience, Boss Vage grasped the darkened Abyss Script then began ripping it out of Papyrus’s centre.

“AAAAAHHH!” Suddenly, Dam Son unleashed a deafening holler of pain that affected everyone inside the dungeon, even the numerous beasts held captive underground were alarmed.

“What is that loud screaming?” Vor Eyes had to cover his eardrums.

“I think it might be Dam Son’s voice. I’ve heard a similar holler before.” Sugar Bun was correct. Whatever they were planning to do, they had to do it quickly if they wanted to save their friend.

“AAAAAHHH!” Back inside the cell, Dam Son’s deafening voice ensued, they had to stuff his mouth with a thick gag. Boss Vage wondered the reason for his outburst.

Professor Oreo came up with a plausible theory. “Roughly tearing the Abyss Script from his Guide must be affecting the kid in some way.”

“Should that be possible, professor?”

“It is possible if he has already initiated a contract with the birth mother of the Abyss Script. Just to make sure, try tearing the sheet again.”

“Alright.” Boss Vage gladly obliged Professor Oreo’s suggestion. As soon as he began pulling out the Abyss Script again, Dam Son reacted the same way. He was experiencing a world of hurt. “So it is true. Now I can finally hear this brat scream as he ought to while retrieving what is mine. Ha-ha-ha!”

Boss Vage continued to torment Dam Son by tearing out the Abyss Script from his injured Guide. Getting closer to the last portion which kept the sheet attached to Papyrus, Professor Oreo and Boss Vage witnessed something shocking. The seal cloth that Jin Hennessy placed around Dam Son’s forehead shattered to pieces, thus revealing the most sought after items.

“Are those Black Kismet Coins? The way they are aligned is truly peculiar.” Professor Oreo became intrigued.

“You sneaky bastard. So this is where you hid the Black Kismet Coin all along? How did you get it to multiply?” Boss Vage squeezed Dam Son’s face with his left hand then used his right hand to pluck a Black Kismet Com from Dam Son’s forehead. Just as he was about to test its unimaginable power by flipping it, the coin turned to ash and returned onto Dam Son’s head. “Why did that happen?”

“I think it might have something to do with the clauses of the beastly contract.” Professor Oreo was correct. “Not until you are the sole owner of the Abyss Script will you be able to wield the unfathomable power of the Black Kismet Coin.”

“If that is the case then I should hurry and finish pulling out that damn Abyss Script. Soon I’ll have this power for myself. Ha-ha-ha-ha!” Boss Vage laughed hysterically when the thought of him having control of the Black Kismet Coin invaded his mind.

Professor Oreo interrupted him, “Mr Vage, before you recommence your barbaric pulling out of this script, please allow me to copy as much raw data as I can while the contract is still valid. Just in case an unforeseen variable was to present itself I want to make sure that we don’t suffer any great losses here.”

“Alright, but make it snappy.”

“It will be over before you know it.” Professor Oreo summoned his Guide; placed it alongside the Abyss Script and began copying its original context. So far, 20% have been copied. When the dialogue approached 67% an explosion occurred inside the dungeon which alerted Boss Vage. Simultaneously, Dam Son’s sapphire suitcase unzipped and released a large amount of blistering steam that no normal human being could possibly withstand.

Professor Oreo along with Boss Vage was forced to abandon Dam Son along with his Guide inside the overheating chamber. As soon as they ran outside, another disturbing scenery greeted them. “What the hell is all this?” They were startled by the increasing disorder brought about by the many wild beasts and failed experiments rampaging throughout the dungeon. The gang members were trying hard to capture them but found it to be a difficult task.

“Which incompetent bastard allowed this to happen?” Boss Vage’s livid temperament soared through the roof. While he was busy shouting at his subordinates, he failed to recognize that a group of sneaky kids had snuck past him and abducted Dam Son along with his sapphire suitcase.

It was Professor Oreo who realized Dam Son was missing when he ran back inside the chamber to check the process of the Abyss Script download. (70%) “They’re gone! The kid, his suitcase, his Guide and the Abyss Script. Everything is gone!”

“This can’t be!” Boss Vage’s angry veins almost popped his head clean off. He told his underlings to sound the intruder alarm as he ran towards the holding cell of the captured Abyss Beast. What he discovered was an empty cell. “Even the Kismet Beast is gone! Who is responsible for this?!”

At that moment, Tor Eyes appeared through a blue portal behind Boss Vage along with Mr Splint by his side. “Boss I heard the commotion, I came as soon as I could. What happened here?”

“Isn’t it obvious? Some bastards snuck inside here and created disarray so that they could steal what is mine! They’ve taken the Kismet Beast and the Abyss Script along with that brat we had in captive! Tor Eyes use your ability to find who sabotaged me and make sure you recover the Abyss Script. I want those bastards alive so I can kill them myself!”

“Understood boss. I’ll get straight to it. Splint, you’re with me.”

“Lead the way, Tor Eyes.” Together they vanished through another portal.

 

 

0