Chapter 75 – A Difficult Escape Plan
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Alarm! Alarm! Intruders in the compound! Initiate lockdown protocol! Main transport terminals seal!”

“We have to do something about the escaped beasts who are running amok inside the facility.”

“Somebody help me! I’m being chased by a wild boar!” Oink! Oink!

“Seek shelter inside the arena! The metal bars are strong enough to keep them out.”

The creatures kept banging against the bars.

“It won’t hold! It’s only a matter of time before we’re breached!”

“Where the hell are the rest of the guards? Your boss guaranteed our safety.”

“Protect the high-value clients! Their capital is worth more than your lives!”

“We have a major problem! One of the main water lines has been destroyed. The water is already flooding the west corner of the facility. It’s only a matter of time before this place submerged underwater!”

“We have to get the guests to the emergency escape terminal and fast!”

“Lead the way! I’ll see what I can do to hold off our pursuers!”

The Vage Gang headquarter was quickly sinking into the depth of chaos. Pandemonium broke out shortly after the emergency alarm was sounded. People and beasts alike were dashing about everywhere. The main area of interest at that point was the escape terminal. Everyone wanted to escape the chaos before it claimed their lives. Only the main members of the Vage Gang remained behind in order to gauge the situation and mitigate the spread.

While all of this was taking place, the bratty intruders were swiftly escorting Dam Son towards the exit of the dungeon under the guise of a smokescreen. They rushed past a few gang members who were too busy subduing the escaped beasts to care about them.

“I told you that my plan would work to get him out of there.” Xuan Li bragged about the wit he applied that helped created a vast distraction inside the underground facility.

“Don’t celebrate just yet. First, we have to get out of this dungeon then back to where we came in in order to escape our pursuers. By now, I think that the gang leader is aware that Dam Son is missing.” Vor Eyes glanced back at Dam Son who was being dragged along by his sapphire suitcase. “How are you feeling, can you handle combat in that state of yours in case we are cornered?”

“I just need water to regain my depleted strength. I’ll find a way to manage somehow.”

“Here you go.” Sugar Bun handed Dam Son a large battle of water. He gulped it down as they moved forwards.

Dam Son burped and said, “Refreshing. I’m nowhere close to my peak condition but I’m feeling much better now.”

“That’s good to know.” Said Vor Eyes.

Xuan Li who was in the lead told them, “Try and pick up the pace! We’re getting closer to the dungeon’s exit.”

The interlopers continued to make haste. With Xuan Li as the spearhead, they commenced their climb up the wet flight of stairs that led to the dungeon’s exit.

“Why is this area so wet?” Soon as Sugar Bun asked this question, they perceived a huge body of water rushing down towards them. “We’re in trouble! There is nowhere to hide inside this narrow passageway!”

“Don’t fret your pants off turtle. You have me on your team, remember?” Saying this, Xuan Li dashed ahead of the gang to face the monstrous water head-on. “Guiding Water Stance, 1st From, Splitting Water Torpedo!”

Xuan Li’s vertical rotating kick technique split the monstrous body of water in half. It continued to rush alongside the dungeon walls until the bratty gang made it out of the stairway.

“I can’t believe we made out of that unscathed!” Sugar Bun was incredulous. “Your technique has improved drastically Xuan Li. I can’t believe what I just witnessed.”

“Hold your praises turtle. We’re still not out of trouble just yet.”

Looking ahead on the corridor, they spotted numerous wild beasts making breakfast out of some defenceless rich folks. As for the ones who could fight back, they were stuck fending off the beast’s malicious intent.

“Now’s our chance to make for the exit. No one seems to care about us.”

“This is a good opportunity. Alright, let’s continue!” Xuan Li went ahead of them again though he had no idea where the exit was. Vor Eyes had to direct him from behind.

“Go left! The west corridor is almost entirely taken over by water. I think the main pipe might have ruptured over there.”

“You do realize that the left-wing is jam-packed with hostile presence?”

“It’s the only way out, now go!”

“As you command short stuff. You better not regret your decision later… huh!”

A major part of the narrow pathway suddenly collapsed under excess pressure. Everyone who was trying to cross over, slipped to the bottom side of the battle arena where the flood was most prevalent.

Just as the balcony collapsed, Tor Eyes and Mr Splint appeared through a portal on the other side to witness something shocking. “Am I seeing clearly? Tor Eyes, isn’t that your little brother down there fleeing with the escaped captive along with a bunch of other brats?”

“Vor Eyes, what have you done?” Despite the chaos taking place around him, Tor Eyes stood steady atop the balcony for a moment trying to weigh his choices. If Boss Vage knew that his kid brother was a part of the sneaky gang who abducted the Abyss Script, moreover, caused a great uproar in the underground facility, he wouldn’t take his punishment lightly. His brother could be permanently crippled or worse.

 

 

0