Chapter 76 – Frozen Apocalypse
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Tor Eyes was in his bubble of thought, Mr Splint grew tired of standing by. “Hey, man, aren’t you going to do something? If the boss finds out we let them escape, this won’t bode well for you nor me? I know that’s your little brother running around down there, but we still have to capture them. Probably the boss will let him off with a lighter punishment considering he’s your brother. The same can’t be said for the others though. So what are you going to do?”

“We’re going.” Tor Eyes came to a consensus with his gruelling thoughts. No matter the bond of siblings, he was loyal only to one man and that was Boss Vage. Tor Eyes created another portal by flipping his Blue Kismet Coin. Both he and Mr Splint got sucked in just as a wild flying beast attacked.

“Dammit, this water is getting on my nerve!” Xuan Li and his followers found it difficult to advance due to the rising body of water that was slowing down their impetus. “If only that damn geezer hadn’t disabled me from script assimilation. We would have been out of here by now. We can’t escape by air either due to those damn flying beasts!”

“Complaining won’t do us any good. Less talking and more running.” Vor Eyes took the lead from Xuan Li. Just as he did so, a water type Word Beast snuck up from the side, thrusting its malefic fangs at him.

“Vor Eyes look out!” Dam Son warned.

“AHHH!” Perceiving the wide malicious jaws ready to clamp down on his soft flesh and rigid bones, Vor Eyes froze in his tracks. Momentous fear prevented him from taking another step. The wild beast was metres away from consuming him whole, however, someone arrived in time to put a stop to the creature’s lust for vengeance.

[Advance Word Mage Script: Frost] (Activated) -500(MPL)

In the next instance, everything within a 60-metre radius of the battle arena became frozen except for Vor Eyes, Xuan Li, Sugar Bun and Dam Son. The aerial creatures who turned to ice fell on the solid frozen surface below and shattered into chunky pieces.

“I can’t move my legs. My feet are frozen solid inside this thick ice.” Sugar Bun started to come down with an upsetting feeling inside his stomach.

“What is the cause of this sudden climate change?” Xuan Li cast his eyes around until he recognized 2 dark-robed men standing between Vor Eyes and the huge open mouth of the frozen water Word Beast.

Vor Eyes was shocked to identify who it was standing ahead of him. “Brother, what are you doing here?”

“I should be the one asking you that question.” Tor Eyes took a gander at Dam Son and the others then spoke, “You’ve done something very foolish. Now I have to capture my own flesh and blood and hand you over to the boss to do as he wishes.”

Vor Eyes was shocked to hear this, “Brother you can’t be serious. Why are you helping these people, don’t you know that they are a shady bunch of criminals?”

“Watch your tongue brat.” Mr Splint didn’t like being referred to as a criminal.

Vor Eyes pleaded with his brother, “Please just let us go. What you’re doing down here isn’t right. How could you be partaking in such illicit experiments? Mother and father would be disappointed if they knew what you’ve become.”

“Don’t you dare mention our parents?” What Vor Eyes said made his brother very upset; enough to berate his face with a slap. “Not another word out of you. I should have disciplined you like this a long time ago. Instead, I grew you to be soft and girly. That ends today.” Tor Eyes dished out another set of palm punishment.

Watching what was going on ahead of him, Sugar Bun couldn’t stand it. “What kind of big brother treats his younger sibling like that? I’m so glad I’m an only child.”

“I’m not mad. That shorty was a bit too talkative.” Vor Eyes getting slapped by his brother didn’t affect Xuan Li as much. He secretly whispered, ‘Give him another round of slaps. He-he-he.’

“I won’t condone this.” Dam Son couldn’t stand to watch his friend getting abused any further, thus he lashed out, “Leave him alone, you villain!”

Dam Son unleashed his potent Natural Verb Force which caused the surrounding ice to immediately shatter. Coming free, he instantly rushed towards Tor Eyes.

“No, Dam Son! Stay back! You’re no match for him!” Though Vor Eyes warned Dam Son ahead of time, he could care less about the great disadvantage in strength. He still maintained his advance towards Tor Eyes’ proximity.

“Foolish runt! You’re making this way too easy for us.” Mr Split page teleported ahead to intercept Dam Son’s advance. “Capturing you will surely land me a big promotion.”

“Get out of my way villain!” Dam Son tossed a powerful uppercut at Mr Splint’s face. To everyone's surprise, Mr Splint was sent flying above until he crashed into the ceiling. He went so deep that he never came back out.

This caused Tor Eyes to be wary of Dam Son’s strength. “Hm? How could he have defeated Splint with a single punch? Did he use the Black Kismet Coin without me realizing it? No, I would have sensed it. He’s been tortured for consecutive days yet he still has this amount of strength left inside of him? Something is definitely abnormal about that brat. I shouldn’t let my guard down around him.”

“Hey, where are you going?” Dam Son stopped when he arrived at Vor Eyes’s proximity.

“Just you wait.” Tor Eyes backed away from Dam Son so he could gain some distance to call forth his Guide that was near the peak of the Hardcover evolution. In contrast to his dark garments, his Guide possessed a radiant tint of azure elegance.

 

 

0