Chapter 3: Where am I? The rounds begin.
33 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
do you like AN for system or annoucement
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.

Vincent awoke to complete blackness. The surrounding blackness was almost oppressive like, closing his eyes he sees something brighter, the insides of his eyelids is brighter than when they are open.

 

“How strange,” Vincent thinks to himself.” please don't do the whole cliche reincarnated because I died or something, that would suck.”

 

A young woman walks into sight which is weird because there's nothing to walk on then giggles and says.

 

{hello hello}

 

“Who are you,” Vincent tries to speak but fails

 

{ I am the goddess Atë, you have died and you'll be reincarnated in a world full of magic and battle aura}

 

“Really! “ Vincent exclaims in his head. ‘That's the last thing I want’

 

{ no, of course not just wanted to mess with you a little }

 

“Then what are you?” Vincent thinks slightly exasperated.

 

The goddess Atë disappears a blue box appears in front of him.

 

Announcement
I am the system and you are my chosen but with all things, there are risks where there are rewards so I am going to challenge you if you succeed you'll be rewarded if you lose..... we won't talk about that yet 

 

“Do I at least have a weapon” Vincent tries to say to the system but then he remembered he can't speak, he then thinks this again " or a mystical force to help".

Announcement
Of course, pick a category

 

Announcement
span>

Magic 
this is a force of the mind that uses mana to do magical things 

Announcement
span>

Aura
Aura is a force of nature that is produced by physical 

 

 

“Can I pick both,” Vincent thinks to the system.

 

Announcement
span>

you are a smart cookie most wouldn't choose that but yes you can 

there are others who can also unlock both magic and aura but they will have to go through fun challenges 

 

 

“Then I choose a dagger and can I choose the type of magic”

Announcement
yes you can

 

 

“What are the options”

 

Announcement
span>

there is light, darkness, earth, wind, fire, water
you can also combine other elements and create new ones 

 

“ Can I choose all of them not including the subtypes??”

Announcement
only for my chosen
Announcement
do I want to know why you don't want the subtypes as well

"probably not"  Vincent replies to the inquiry

Announcement
you will have to fight twice, one for magic and one for aura there will also be 10 waves that will be easy, then 10 medium and 10 hard mode. keep in mind in all of my time doing this only 18 have made it to round 30 and only 3 have had success.

 

“Can I start the aura battle first”

Announcement
span>

sure, lets goooo, oh before I forget you'll get a reward at the end of rounds that end in multiples of 5 and at round 30

 

Vincent suddenly finds himself in a coliseum filled with all kinds of monsters ranging from goblins to dragons watching through a screen around this small area. The flooring is of some strange metal, the walls some kind of wood. He looked around seeing if there is anything that can help him in the upcoming fight. He finds that the coliseum is smaller than he thought probably at an altitude of 200 feet, maybe less. Surrounding the inside ring there are torches all over roughly 5 feet apart. He feels the ground and he thinks it is kinda like marble but not quite, it feels off somehow he doesn't know why it feels like the metal itself vibrates.

 

Announcement

{Fight will commence in 10 seconds

9

8

…}

Vincent looks for his dagger and finds it strapped on his belt and pulls it out. It looked flimsy but he felt that it would last until the end of the waves.

He looks up from his dagger when the countdown began and he notices a thing that is small green wrinkly skin and has the ugliest face you have ever seen the stench is almost as bad as his face.

 

“ This is a goblin you sent a goblin after me,” Vincent finds this slightly disappointing but then remembers that this is round 1 of 30. The goblin wields a short sword and starts charging at him. Vincent notices how sloppy the charge is, he is off balance the sword is to low to make a difference. Vincent steps to the side at just the right moment and as quick as a striking viper stabbed the dagger straight through the goblin's head instantly killing it.

Announcement
Round 2 will begin in 10 seconds

 

 

Vincent starts smiling if it is this easy he has no problem to get to wave 10.

Announcement
Round 2 commence

Vincent looks over and notices that this time there are 2 goblins one wearing a shield and sword and the other is holding a bow with a quiver on his back. Vincent no longer smiles, he realizes this is getting exponentially harder.
 

 

The goblin warrior holds his ground and the archer starts firing arrows at Vincent he dives away from the arrows and towards the goblins and quickly rolls and gets up off the ground and starts running toward the goblins, he notices the archer is the biggest problem but he also notes that the warrior won't let him through. As he draws closer to the short goblin he goes for a quick decapitation. The goblin raises his shield to block his strike, Vincent uses his legs to sweep the goblin off balance and he is successful and a single strike is needed to kill the goblin.

“1 down 1 to go,” Vincent thinks as he starts running to the goblin and he quickly kills it off because his use is limited if the enemy is near.

 

Announcement
Round 3 will start in 30 seconds 

 

Vincent takes deep breaths preparing for the hard battles ahead

Announcement
Round 3 commence

 

This time Vincent sees 2 goblins again the same as before which confuses him.

 

“Why is it the same as before shouldn't it get harder as I go” Vincent is confused.

 

The archer starts shooting arrows and vincent dodges while troubled by why it's the same as the previous rounds. He feels a cold tingle at the back of his neck as an arrow is coming his way he ducks and whirls his feet backward and has his dagger swung downwards striking flesh

 

“Damn a rogue.” Vincent grimaces, “ this will not be pretty.”

 

Since Vincent already faced the enemies before in the same formation he can finish them off.

Announcement
Round 4 will begin in 10 minutes

“At this rate, I will lose before round 10 what makes it so I can win after all this is all a te… that's it!” Vincent exclaims knowing what he did wrong the whole time and starts to feel what's different from normal in his veins and body and he found what he was looking for. Aura, it's what will make the whole test easier.

 

He starts playing with it and quickly finds when he uses aura on his eyes things slow down, on his arms he could swing faster and on his feet, he could move faster but noticed he can only do two at a time and the current point in time.

 

Announcement
Round 4 start

 

 

He looks over towards where the goblins are and sees 3 goblins this time

 

One wearing a tower shield sized for a goblin and the archer with several arrows in a quiver, the arrows slightly shimmer. The last goblin has a staff and robes, none of the others are wearing armor.

“Fun, a mage an archer a warrior and there's also probably a rogue somewhere as well.” Vincent starts applying aura to his feet to dodge arrows and run toward the tower shield goblin forming a plan. The tower shield needs to go down to get the squishes the mage than the archer the rogue will probably attack at an inopportune moment for me which will probably be when the spell might hit me just to need to be wary of the mages element and the timing of the rouge.

 

As he gets closer to the tower shield an arrow nicks his dagger arm and his arm begins to feel cold and he notices a bit of ice, not a lot but he does notice on how it could affect him battling if it builds up.

 

“The archer has enchanted arrows now o nononononono this is bad”

 

The mage finishes a chant and a ball of flame comes toward Vincent. “Pyromancer a guardian an archer with enchanted arrows. This is bad.” Vincent feels a cold feeling on his neck and realizes how he can win.

As he notices the cold on his neck he swings down and kills the rogue finds his dagger in hand grabs it imbues his arm and the goblins dagger with aura throws it at the mage their eyes follow he imbues his legs again and kills the guardian while his attention is elsewhere the mage is like a deer in the headlights and doesn't move the dagger finishes it off then he dashes to the archer and with one quick slice of the dagger kills the archer.

 

Announcement
Round 5 will start in 30 minutes

Vincent sighs with relief he didn't think he could do that, he notices as the round ends the ice on his arm is gone his clothes are fine like they were never hit with an arrow. He lies down waiting for the next round. When the timer reaches 20 seconds he stands up and ready for the fight.

Announcement
Round 5 start

 

As Vincent looked over the goblins that appeared he noticed 1 big difference, he noticed a goblin a foot taller and with armor.

 

“Please don't let me know that is what I think it is.”

 

It is what he thought,

 

A Champion Goblin.

 

1