Time To Look The Part
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The night of the prom, Mike’s father managed to get out of work earlier than he normally did. So with slightly more than an hour to the arrival time, Myra’s “helpers” knocked on the door. Mike’s dad let them in, and in came Elly, Kelley, and Lyn.

“Welcome,” Mike’s father said.

“Hello, Mr. Jones.” Lyn said.

The trio of Elly, Kelley, and Lyn walked through the front door. Mike looked over from the living room couch at the trio, and noticed something off from the plan he had hard previously.

“Hm? I thought it was Elly, Kelley, and Sammy? Why is Lyn here?” Mike asked.

“Sammy came down with a cold at the last minute, so she can’t make it. Lyn offered to come in her place,” Elly answered.

“My mother told me to come, to be more accurate,” Lyn corrected.

“Close enough,” Kelley added.

The trio made their way over to where Mike sat. His father sat in the kitchen, content to let the scene play out. After a moment however, he did speak to ask a question of his own:

“Where’s Myra?” he asked.

“She was going to get ready at her place,” Mike answered.

“Yeah,” added Kelley.

“Oh, okay,” Mike’s father said.

Elly pulled up front a bag she had brought with her containing Mike’s outfit. Mike wasn’t sure what Myra had come up with, but he was about to find out.

“Alright, so, Myra had us get this,” Elly said.

She reached into the bag, and pulled out some surprisingly tame dress clothing.

“What… is that?” Mike asked.

“It’s a butler outfit,” Lyn said.

“That… seems oddly normal for Myra.” Mike added.

“Are you sure about that?” interjected Kelley.

Elly, after pulling out the dress shirt, followed it up with dress pants… and a cat ear headband.

“Oh no,” Mike said.

“Oh yes,” Elly said.

Mike could almost feel the giddy snicker Myra probably would have had right in that moment. He was undecided if her absence from the situation was preferable.

 

“Why are you getting ready here, and not over with Mike?” Leslie asked.

Leslie was sitting on her couch, beer in hand. Myra, borrowing Leslie’s bedroom to change, called from around the corner:

“Well, he should probably get to know other people as well. Shouldn’t be just me he interacts with,” Myra said.

Leslie took a sip from her beer.

“Sure… are you getting cold feet, though?” she snarked.

“What do you mean?” Myra asked.

“You know--urp-- what I mean,” Leslie said.

“I’m giving him space to be with other people, how is letting him do that getting cold feet?”

“That’s not what I mean,”

“You’re getting drunk, Leslie,”

“What does that have to do with anything?”

“You not being clear about your point,”

“It’s not just about him being with other people,” Leslie snarked.

Myra didn’t immediately respond from around the corner. Leslie took another swig of her beer. After a moment, Myra walked to peer around the corner, her outfit half-on.

“Yes, well… sometimes a good sister needs to let her little brother fly on his own,” she said.

Myra went back into the bedroom to continue getting her outfit ready. Meanwhile, Leslie’s chatter continued.

“I thought you were his girlfriend or something,”

“Well, so much as that was the stated plan, he treats me more like a big sister if anything,” Myra called.

“Oh, well, sorry for not being in the know,”

After Leslie’s comment, Myra completed putting on her outfit and came around out of the bedroom in full. She faced Leslie in her outfit: A traditional maid outfit, with the addition of a cat ear headband on her head - red colored, to match her hair.

“Pfff-- you’re going as a maid?!” Leslie spat.

“I changed my mind, what do you think?” Myra said.

“Well, it looks like a very nice maid outfit… but why the cat ears?”

“Why not?”

“Okay… still can’t help but feel a little disappointed,” Leslie added.

“What were you hoping for?”

“A succubus cosplay! Can you imagine the emotions running through Mike’s head with a scantily-clad you in front of him?”

“I’m going to smack you.” Myra deadpanned.

“Don’t hit me, don’t hit me… still, that would have been funny,”

“The school also would have kicked me out, probably,”

“The school has no sense of humor,”

“Well, I’d best head out… guess I’m not getting a ride later,” Myra commented.

“It’s the end of my week, and I need a drink,” Leslie added.

“Okay… well, suppose it’s not too far,”

“Can’t you use some magic-whatever to keep yourself warm?”

“Yeah… would rather avoid overdoing it, though,”

“You’re weird,” Leslie said.

Myra looked at Leslie as she started to get hit by the beer she was drinking. Myra’s outfit was already put on, and by her understanding, Mike would be arriving at the school soon. It was time for her to walk over, and see the butler outfit she asked Elly and company to get him.

“Try not to drink yourself under the table,” Myra said.

“Okay,”

Myra walked out the door and started her way over to the school. Elsewhere, Mike was getting his costume on and would head by car soon after.

0