Ch 1 – The Book of Genesis 1:1-2:4a
30 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

               Though the Heavens and the Earth were made, they were formless and void, and there was no light to shine on them. Then God, by His word, willed light to be. And when He saw the light, God was pleased with it and considered it good. He willed for light to be separated from darkness in accordance with the Laws He established so that now, “is” is separated from “is not”, "existence" is separated from “non-existence”, and “all” is separated from “none”. And He chose to make the first of the creatures which would dwell in Heaven and watch the creation of the physical and the natural, and these creatures would come to be called “angels”. The light He called Day, and the darkness He called Night. And so, the beginning of the age and the setting of the age called He the first day. And so is His Word.

               And He desired to make places for His creations to dwell. So, He made the firmament, the very foundation to divide substance from itself. He divided land from the waters and the waters from the waters. The land He called Earth and the waters He called Seas and the firmament to divide them He called Heaven. In Heaven and Earth He did these things by His will in accordance with the Laws He established so that particles, both spiritual and natural, may interact and that His sentient creations may exist. And when He saw the Earth and the Seas, He was pleased with them and considered them to be good.  And so, the beginning of the age and the setting of the age called He the second day. And so is His Word.

               He also saw fit to make things to feed all other living things, whether directly or indirectly, as well as help preserve the balance and continuation of the things which He had created. For this purpose made He plants of all kinds. He made the grasses, the herb yielding seed of its kind, and the tree yielding fruit of its kind and all other plants. He designed them with their methods of attaining nutrition, their absorption of light or minerals or others or all. This He did in both Heaven and Earth and this He did in accordance with His word and in accordance with the Laws He established so that all could be fed and the physical things would be more stable. And when He saw the plants, God was pleased with them and considered them good. And so, the beginning of the age and the setting of the age called He the third day. And so is His Word.

               Yet, He knew that some of these plants, after the fall, would die without greater nourishment of light as they helped make a more stable atmosphere. So, He made two lights in the sky for the nourishment and stabilization of the Earth. He brought together many of the particles which He had previously made, separated, and allowed to interact. This He did for a great light to warm the Earth and a lesser light to light the Earth when the greater light was hidden by reflecting the greater light. This, He did to allow the growth of the greater plants and the lesser plants, that the greater plants may receive their nutrition and the lesser plants may not be scorched by the greater light. The stars He also made, though these would serve many more purposes. They would be like the greater light in that they would light, warm, and nourish their own. Yet, they would also serve as a guide for many of His creations. They would be an inspiration, a reminder, and a comfort for many. An inspiration to continue to seek advancement so that they may continue to grow in the assurance of His existence. A reminder that they are comparatively small, that they do not become so prideful in their advancement that they cannot recognize their own flaws. A comfort that He loves them, that He would give them many stars and many collections of stars to discover and explore, that they may be willing to give their all to be with Him and not forsake Him. And when He saw the greater and lesser lights and the stars, God was pleased with them and considered them to be good. And so, the beginning of the age and the setting of the age called He the fourth day. And so is His Word.

               He decided to make the thinking creatures. He would make them in the seas, though many would leave the seas and take to the air. He made them from many of the simplest particles utilizing those Laws He had established, and He made them in such a way that none would be able to reasonably claim that His hand was not present. He brought forth the great sea-dwelling creatures and the lesser sea-dwelling creatures and the flying creatures in the air. And when He saw the great and lesser sea-dwelling creatures and the flying creatures, God was pleased with them and considered them to be good. And he chose to bless them, that they would be fruitful and multiply to fill the seas and to fill the Earth. And so, the beginning of the age and the setting of the age called He the fifth day. And so is His Word.

               And from the Earth and those creatures which filled the Earth brought He every beast which walks and every creeping thing and deemed that every creature should bring about creatures after its own kind. And God thought to make man. So, God spoke to the angels; saying, “Let us make man in our own image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the Earth, and over every creeping thing which creepeth upon the Earth. And so, God created man in His image, that they may have spirit; male and female created He them. And God looked upon them and blessed them and said, “Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the Earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the Earth. Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. And to every beast of the Earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the Earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat.” And so it was. And when God looked upon all that He had made, He considered it to be very good. And the beginning of the age and the setting of the age He called the sixth day. And so is His Word.

               And so it was that the heavens and the Earth were finished and every thing which dwelt in them was finished. It was then that God ceased creating new creations for this time. And God stilled for an age and made it sanctified for it was in that time when He chose to be still. And the beginning of the age and the setting of the age He called the seventh day. And so is His Word.

               And these are the ages of the heavens and the Earth, when He had made them and caused them to be. And so is His Word.

1All quotes are taken from the KJV Bible unless otherwise specified. The section from which the quotes arise will always be within the section indicated by the chapter names unless otherwise specified.

0