Ch 2 – The Book of Genesis 2:4b-2:25
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

               Though God had made the heavens and the Earth, every plant was in the earth and every herb of the field before they grew, for God had not caused it to upon the Earth and there was not yet man to till the ground. However, He caused a great mist from the Earth which watered the whole of the ground. And God had formed a man of the dust of the ground. The very dirt itself. Yet, God gifted him the breath of life. When he had received the breath of life, man became a living soul and became like God and the angels in that he had spirit, and this man was called Adam. And so is His Word.

               And God saw fit that the man He had made would dwell in Eden and planted a garden in the eastward portion where there were four rivers which came from a single river in Eden. They are called today: Pison, Gihon, Hiddekel, and Euphrates. There, He put the man whom He had formed. And God caused every tree that is beautiful to behold and good to eat. The man was to have more than spirit and comfort, however. He was to have choice; to be able to utilize his free will in a significant manner. For otherwise, his will would not be free and he would be no greater than the lowest of creatures though he possessed a soul. For this purpose, God also grew two trees of significance for man. The first was the Tree of Life and the second was the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. The Tree of Life was to allow man to live forever, but the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil would make man innocent no longer and unfit to live in the garden. And so is His Word.

               And God, when He had placed the man, gave instruction to the man to dress and keep the garden, but He said, “But of the Tree of The Knowledge of Good and Evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the [time] that thou eatest thereof, thou shalt surely die.” And the Lord saw man and knew that it is not good that man should be alone and chose to make a companion to help him.

               And again, God made every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; bringing them to Adam for Adam to name them. And that which Adam called them, that was their name from then. Yet, though he called every creature, he could find no one to help him. Because of this, God made Adam to fall into deep slumber and took a rib of Adam and closed his flesh. It was from this rib that God saw fit to make a woman and bring her to Adam. And when Adam saw her, Adam knew she was better than all the animals he had named and that she was fitting to be a companion and said, “This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.”

               It is for this reason, that a man should leave his parents and cleave to his wife; and they should be one flesh once more.

               Still, the man and his wife were both naked. Yet, they were not ashamed for they had not yet eaten of The Tree of The Knowledge of Good and Evil and remained innocent.

1All quotes are taken from the KJV Bible unless otherwise specified. The section from which these quotes arise will be noted by the chapter names unless otherwise specified.

0