Daddy’s Home
1.2k 0 67
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After putting Izuku to bed, Inko starts making dinner for everyone. Izumi is in the living room, watching tv after her mother told her to let Izuku have some alone time. But the worry is clear on her face.

She heard the doctor, same as her mother, after all.

Quirkless.

She changes the channel, and a news reporter comes on. “Here at the scene, you can see the two villains defeated by All Might with a single punch! Regretfully we couldn’t get an interview, with All Might stating that he had some ‘personal business’ to take care of. If we learn more, our loyal viewers shall be the first to know.”

She changes the channel again, this time landing on a kids show. It’s bright, it’s colorful, and it’s exactly the kind of thing that you simply turn your mind off to watch. Which is what Izumi needs right now.

She watches the show, listening to the noises her mom makes in the kitchen. It’s only after ten minutes into the show that Izumi realizes what the show is about. The heroes band together after losing their powers to defeat the villain. Watching the villain fall due to ‘the power of friendship’, Izumi can’t stop the small hope that starts to burn in her heart.

Maybe Izuku can be a hero even without a quirk?

It’s something she doesn’t say out loud, from fear that even giving voice to the ember would blow it out. But it’s there. The hope that they’ll still be able to achieve their dreams. Together. Just like they always have.

Time passes like that, with Inko making dinner, her heart filled with sorrow, and Izumi watching tv, hope flickering in her small heart, threatened to be put out at the slightest breath. 

When Inko is laying her specialty meal of chicken katsu on the table, her husband, Toshinori Yagi finally returns.

He looks at his wife and daughter, immediately noticing the heavy atmosphere of the home. “What happened? Where’s Izuku?” He asks, trying not to think of the worst possibilities.

Seeing his obvious distress, and knowing what life as a hero is like, she quickly reassures him. “He’s ok, just sleeping.”

Breathing a sigh of relief, Toshinori Yagi looks at his wife, the question clear on his face. With a sigh of resignation, she speaks. “We went to the doctor to get their quirks appraised… and Izuku doesn’t have one.”

She doesn’t beat around the bush, deciding to come out and say it as bluntly as possible. She doesn’t even notice that she’s crying until Toshinori is hugging her. Then she breaks down as the shock finally wears off. That her son, in a society that revolves around a person’s quirk, is lacking.

After letting her emotions out through her tears for ten minutes, she looks up at her husband, surprised and a little angry at his lack of a reaction to the news.

“What the hell is wrong with you? Don’t you care that our son isn’t normal!?” She yells the last part, and both her husband and daughter flinch. Toshinori from the reminder of his past. Izumi from hearing that her brother isn’t normal. She knew that of course, but knowing it and hearing your mother yell it are two different things.

The ember in her heart flickers and shrinks, somehow smaller than it was before. Had it been anyone else, the flame would never have come into being. But her desperation to hold onto her and her brother’s dreams managed to ignite the spark. Now she must desperately try to maintain it.

Toshinori shoots a glance at his daughter’s wide eyes before leaning into his wife and whispering in her ear. “I promise that I’ll explain later, but for now we need to act normal. I don’t want Izumi to worry.” She glares at him as he clears his throat and speaks in an overly cheerful voice.

“So! What about Izumi? Did you get her quirk appraised as well?” Glancing at her daughter, Inko’s eyes soften before a mischievous gleam appears.

“We sure did!” She yells with more authentic joy than Toshinori. “The doctor said that her telekinesis is powerful. He said that when she grows into it, she could even beat All Might!”

At her words, Toshinori misses the chair he was about to sit in, landing hard on his butt. Izumi chuckles at the sight while also beaming at her mother’s words.

I’ll be as strong as All Might? The All might!? That’s amazing! I’m going to be the new number one hero after I make my own debut! I’ll save two hundred- no. I’ll save a thousand people in ten minutes and blow All Might’s record right out of the water!

Unbeknownst to any of the three, their words this night would have consequences. Not any time soon, but far more dire than any of them could ever dream of.

But that will be then, and for now, the three take their seats at the table, Toshinori sitting gingerly to avoid putting too much pressure on his possibly bruised behind.

The three talk, telling each other about their days. Though it’s more like Inko and Toshinori talking since other than going to the doctor, Izumi only stayed home and hung out with Izuku. At that thought, she looks around the table noticing with shock that Izuku isn’t there! Then she remembers her mom’s earlier words and comes to the conclusion that she wanted to let him sleep.

She goes back to her meal with joy. After all, chicken katsu is her mom’s best dish! After dinner, she sees her mom looking at the extra plate of food in confusion, so she decides to help her!

She goes to the kitchen and opens the drawer she’s seen her pull the saran wrap from. Getting it, she gets back to the table just in time to see her mom pick up the plate. Turning around, Inko is surprised to see her daughter carrying the box.

Before she can scold her for grabbing things she isn’t supposed to, Izumi speaks.

“Here you go mom, so you can wrap up Izuku’s dinner for him! It was nice of you to let him sleep in.”

With a start, Inko realizes why there’s still a full plate. She forgot to wake up her son! Feeling guilty, she thanks Izumi and quickly wraps the meal, heading to bed where Toshinori explains to her about his quirk. As well as how he’ll reveal the truth to their children once they turn ten. Izumi goes to her own room, dreaming of being the hero she can be.

𝌡𝌡𝌡

(Izuku POV)

I wake up during the night with my stomach growling. Looking around, it’s dark, so I turn on a spare flashlight next to my bed and make my way to the kitchen. There, I see a plate of mom’s katsu chicken wrapped up for me.

I look around in confusion and ask if anyone is around before noticing the time on the clock. Ten o’clock, when everybody would usually be in bed, asleep.

And three hours past the time everyone would eat dinner together.

I can’t help but feel sad that I slept so long. After all, dinner is one of the few times that we’re all together. Either dad is busy with work, or mom is. But without fail, everyone would be at the dinner table around seven o’clock.

Except for today.

Given what we found out though, I guess I didn’t want to wake up. I do appreciate that mom left me a plate in case I woke up though.

I just wish that I would have woken up when they came to get me. It’s not like they forgot about me, right?

𝌡𝌡𝌡

When All Might sees himself walk into their house, he can’t help but be confused. When he sees himself kissing Inko in greeting, his eyes bug out of his sockets! Nezu chokes on his tea, and Tsukauchi gives him a sidelong glance. Aizawa manages to keep a straight face, but he does twitch. Everyone else just tilts their head, wondering why the guy looks kind of familiar.

“Oh yeah,” Soahc says, “you guys don’t know. That’s what All Might looks like in this timeline.”

Everyone looks at him in shock before turning to All Might, who scratches his cheek sheepishly with a finger. The silence is broken by Todoroki of all people, who has yet to say anything, shouting.

“I knew Midoriya was All Might’s secret love child!” All Might and Inko look at the proud looking boy in shock before making eye-contact with each other. They both blush and look away.

Tomura grins. So All Might can look like that as well. I’ll have to tell Sensei about it. This is going to be a treasure trove of tips on taking down the final boss.

Everyone is shocked when Inko apparently forgets about her son, only being reminded when her daughter brings her the wrap for his food.

“I would never forget about my child!” She shouts in shock.

“Little Izumi is so sweet, making sure that Izuku will still get his dinner.” Uraraka gushes.

“Dad? Mom? Izumi?” Everyone quiets down again when they see little Izuku come out. He looks at the food on the table and gets a downcast expression. “I didn’t get to see dad today…”

All Might winces as nearly every person in the theater shoots a glare his way. He raises his hands placatingly. “N-now hold on. I would never neglect someone like that!”

Tomura snorts, muttering about how all heroes are the same.

67