Chapter 4: Yokai Confrontation
254 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Upon hearing her, both Issei and Ben knew they were in trouble, and apparently for no reason.

"Do we book it or fight it out?" Ben said while his hand slowly went towards the Omnitrix.

"Let's fight it out, but not here. Unlike your world, the mundane poeple here aren't in the known about the supernatural side and we don't want to cause a ruckus here." Issei said while preparing to use his Sacred Gear at any moment.

"First, let's try reasoning with her. It looks like something happened to her mother." Ben put his arms up so that he doesn't get recognized as a threat "Hey little girl. Me and my friend here come in peace. We don't know what happened to your mother but we would definitely help you if you tell us what happened." Ben tried reasoning with her, but it turned out to be futile.

The Fox girl gritted her teeth while shaking with anger. How dare they try to help her when they're the ones who kidnapped her mother! While motioning her troops to charge at the duo, she yelled "All lies! ...I shall not be deceived by the likes of you anymore!"

""She won't listen to reason."" Both Issei and Ben deadpaned simultaneously.

Issei quickly activated his Longinus and a red gauntlet with a green jewel on it and two golden spikes that manifested on his arm until it reached his elbow. This gauntlet is the Boosted Gear, one of the current 13 Longinus. Issei then used his Longinus' signature ability to [BOOST!] and enhanced himself; while Ben immediately slammed his hand on the Omnitrix and turning into one of his aliens without bothering to look which one.

Everyone suddenly halted their movements when a green light flashed across the whole area. When the light died down, what came out next was something akin to a werewolf, with gray fur, a long flowing mane and a large bushy tail with spiked elbows and shoulders, it also had four claws for each hand and three for each foot. Clad in a green jumpsuit, a white belt, green wristbands and also a collar that has the Omnitrix symbol on it.

When the Yokais saw this, they had mixed reactions. Some were confused, bewildered and some serious; because there wasn't any magical fluctuations when he transformed meaning the transformation was purely scientific.

When Ben finally saw himself... "Woah! haven't been this guy in a year or two..."

Issei had stars in his eyes because he also dreamed about being a Hero but that dream vanished when his childhood friend, Irina went away and made him to the pervert he is now. Now, he'll fight alongside this Hero and that made him exited. Also this transformation is very cool!

Unknowingly, Ben reignited a blaze in Issei that was snuffed out a very long time...

"Hey! Ben-san what do you call this transformation?" Issei suddenly asked.

"Eh...? Wait! How do you know I name my transformations?" Ben was confused because he certainly didn't tell him how his powers worked, and if he saw the show, he should've known this form's name. Also this further proves that his theory is indeed correct.

Issei scratched his head sheepishly as he replied "Well... Personally I didn't knew about you until I informed one of my friends about you, and he said you're a fictional character and gave me a short summary about you."

"Well let's see..." Ben then put a hand on his chin and the other on his hips as he tried remembering this form's name; or rather it looked like he was trying to make a new name, cause even the thought of this guy's last name mad him cringe.

He then snapped his fingers as he found a good name for this wolf guy "A-ha...! This guy's name is..." Then shouted "Blitzwolfer!"


Blitzwolfer: One of Ben's coolest transformations IMO. Blitzwolfer's main ability is that he can open his quadra-hinged muzzle to shoot out ultrasonic howls, and he could do multiple stuff with this. His howls are stronger than even Echo Echo's. He's a great tracker with night vision to boot too. Also he's very agile and strong while having very sharp claws that makes him a very difficult opponent fight against

.


"You came up with that name right now, didn't you?" Issei gave Blitzwolfer a deadpan looked and asked.

Blitzwolfer shrugged, shuddering at the thought of the last name as he replied "What can I say? The last name was...Very cringe."

The Fox girl was bewildered at this interaction, but she shook her head off and ordered her troops to "ATTACK!" them.

(*Play Persona 3 Unavoidable Battle OST*)

Immediately some of the Crow Yokais readied their spears and charged towards the duo trying to impale them.

Blitzwolfer and Issei quickly dodged to the side avoiding the spears. While Blitzwolfer went on all fours, Issei started stacking [BOOST!]s as much as he could.

Then they both rushed to the woods to start the fight there. Blitzwolfer leaped over to the woods, jumping off every swordsman there; and Issei jumped over one guy and slid under the other, then jumped off the railing.

Every person there then went chasing after the two.

While running, Blitzwolfer glanced back to see two crows coming at him very fast, he then looked up to see a branch.

He jumped off, grabbed the branch, spun a 360 degrees and kicked the crows that pushed past him in the back, lunching them at the trees.

BAAM! CRASH!

Blitzwolfer then let go of the branch to regroup with Issei to go on the offensive.

Issei also sensed four presence near him, he looked forward to see a tree, he rushed towards it.

Then using the tree as a springboard he jumped backwards, their backs facing him.

Issei then quickly shot multiple Demonic Energy blasts for each of the men and took them down instantly. Issei started running again while stacking more [BOOST!]s.

A minute later, they were both surrounded by the Yokai faction soldiers in different parts of the forest. Both Blitzwolfer and Issei could sense each other, with Ben relying on his canine-like senses and Issei on his tremendously increased stats. They were near each other and knew what to do.

WHOOSH! (2)

So they dashed towards each other's direction while conjuring an attack to break through the enemy's blockade.

"Outta my way!" Issei shouted as he changed up a what it looks like a very miniature version of his Dragon Shot that with it, he casually destroyed a mountain. And threw that Mini Dragon Shot at the enemy that upon contact it created a huge explosion and sent the enemies flying around everywhere.

BOOOOOOMMMMM!

On Ben's side, Blitzwolfer was running on all fours just as a canine should. Seeing the explosion caused by Issei further down the road, made Ben more determined as he started increasing his pace to reach Issei as fast as he can.

When he was near the blockade, Blitzwolfer opened his muzzle, which is a pretty grotesque sight; took a deep breath, and howled at the top of his lungs but controlled his output so he doesn't injure himself.

"AWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Powerful green ultrasonic sound waves were emitted that were pushing black everything in their path and resistance futile was against them. From the grass, the Yokai mobs, the trees and some poor guy's clothes were flying in the sound waves direction.

While Issei was running, he saw that some objects and people were flying towards him without their own will, and it looked like that they couldn't do much in this situation. At first Issei thought of running back, but a brilliant idea popped in his mind to stall the people coming from behind.

Summoning his bat-like Devil wings, he dodged every obstacle that was too near him. Once he was sure it was okay to maneuver, Issei flew behind an incoming log, as soon as he was behind it, he did a roundhouse kick and launched it at the Yokais.

BAAM!

Catching a glimpse from the corner of his eyes, Issei saw two Yokais flailing their arms mid-air trying to adjust their balance. Issei dashed towards them. Grabbing their legs, Issei started spinning around like a top to gain momentum with a terrifying speed that the air pressure became visible. Few moments later when he was sure that he gained enough momentum, he threw the two goons at his enemies while breaking the sound barrier.

BOOOOOMMMM!

Now multiple humanoid crows were on him with their spears' readied to skewer Issei upon contact. Issei frowned seeing them, but smirked as he sensed a log that would appear besides him a moment later. Moment later when he caught the log, he swung it so hard like a crub at the crows that their spears' broke at the first contact and when it hit them, they got sent back with a loud scrunching noise that made Issei wince. But oh well, it's nothing a little magic can't handle, right?

SHATTER! BAAAMMM! CRUNCH!

Looking at the makeshift club in his hand, then glancing at the Yokai forces marching towards him; Issei decided to this. First he threw it up a little and when it was in front of him, he punched the log hard enough that cracks started to appear all over it in slow motion; while in normal time it turned into many, mini fragments that would cover a wide area and launched by Issei's ridiculous force behind his punch, to stall for time until Ben reaches here.

When everything was clear for now, Issei heaved a sigh of relief. He then decided to turn around and check if Ben was near or not, but the moment he did so...

WHIPPISH!

Something hit his face that caused him to have a whiplash. He grabbed the thing that was blocking his view; but unfortunately, that would be yet another big mistake he made today...

"KYAAAAA!" Horrified by the smelly, furry underwear in his hands; Issei screamed like a little b*tch as he threw it at a random direction with all of his might. Because he doesn't want to hold onto it any longer.

BAAAAMMM!

And fortunately or unfortunately, it did managed to hit somebody. The poor guy was hit so hard that he was pushed through multiple trees with the force behind the throw.

CRASH! (n)

Now on Ben's side. We still see him running from the Yokai mobs behind him, so to speed things up a little and reach Issei faster; he jumped up a little bit, then turned 180 to face the Yokai force and howled as loud as he could without injuring his ears.

"AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

The enemies now knew what to expect from Ben, so they planted their feet on the ground and crossed their arms in front of them to lessen the pressure from Blitzwolfer's ultrasonic howls; but it's still ultimately useless because the force of the sonic waves were too much and they still got sent back hitting the trees or even flying.

And now you ask why Ben did this? Well, it's to propel himself towards Issei of course! While getting near Issei, Blitzwolfer planted his claws on the ground and slid till his back met with Issei's. Turning around he tried greeting him "Hey Issei, how're you doing...?" Only to met with the sight of Issei glaring at him.

With a confused face Ben asked "Why are you glaring at me?"

"Hmph, nothing!" With a hmph, Issei turned back. Too ashamed to say what'd just happen.

Being a little suspicious about Issei, Ben replied with uncertainty "Right..." Then shook his head and focused himself on the matter at hand. That being the Yokai forces started circling around them.

"There's no getting out of this Issei." Ben said with focused eyes.

"Then we'll just beat them all up!" Issei replied with a smirk as he readied his Boosted Gear.

With a smirk of his own, Ben said "Now that, we can agree on. Let's wolf down on these chumps!" Before they both dashed towards their enemies to get down to business.

WHOOSH! (2)

First off, Ben pounced on an airborne Tengu which caught the latter off guard. Blitzwolfer quickly finished the crow Yokai with two hard, quick jabs while they were flailing around mid-air.

BAAM!

After doing so, he jumped off the crow only to see several incoming Youjutsu spells at him. He opened his muzzle and howled to redirect the projectiles back at them, which caused a medium explosion that sent the Yokai back upon contact.

"AWOOOOO!" BOOOOMMM!

When Blitzwolfer landed, multiple swordsmen were at him from different directions, bringing their swords' down to cut him to multiple pieces. Blitzwolfer backflipped seeing there was no avoiding them. The swordsmen clashed with each other now that Ben wasn't at the same place and it created sparks when their swords' met each other's.

CLASH!

Recoiling back from their swords' clashing, they spotted Ben a few meters away from him and sprinted towards the Alien Hero to dice him up. But this time Ben was ready for them. Using his very sharp claws, he slashed at the Yokai mobs, and as if hot knife through butter, he easily cut the swords into several pieces; leaving behind only the hilt and small piece of the blade, that practically made it useless unless you were a certain Dragon Sin.

Taking advantage of their shock, Ben decided to take them down as fast as he can by knocking the first one with a hard sucker punch, then giving a haymaker at the one beside him. Another Yokai swordsman tried stabbing him using the remaining blade, but Ben turned around, caught his hand and headbutted the poor guy. Then another Yokai tried doing the same thing, however he was met with a kick to his gut that sent him back flying.

After taking the four down, Ben muttered while cracking his neck "Ah... It feels good to be back in the game." Then noticed another group of Yokais coming at him. Blitzwolfer smirked, opened his four-hinged and howled as loud as he can that sent ultrasonic waves at his enemies.

"AWOOOOOOOO!"

For Issei's fight, it was much simpler as he was only brute forcing his way through the enemies. He threw a straight punch at his first enemy that sent him crashing down on a tree.

CRASH!

Then backflipped as soon as he noticed someone trying to slash him from behind and blasted him with a demonic energy bullet.

BLAST!

Upon landing, two people lunged at him to stab him with their swords', but Issei caught their weapons', shattered them with his bare hands, then punched both of them in the face, grabbed their heads and slammed them at each other, cracking their skulls' like coconuts. Oh well, it's nothing a little healing magic can't handle.

SHATTER! BAAM! CRACK!

"Tch... These guys won't stop coming!" Issei was annoyed by the fact that many, many Yokai soldiers still remains. While slicing another Yokai soldier's sword and uppercutting him, Ben replied towards Issei "There's no use in complaining about it. So stop whining and more fighting!"

Issei didn't spoke any further as he noticed multiple spells being thrown at him. He summoned his Devil wings and flew towards the casters. Cocking his left arm, he powered through the spells with his Boosted Gear, but still retaining his momentum as he went towards the casters. Grabbing one caster's face with his other hand, he threw him towards the trees. Then spinning and roundhouse kicking the one beside him, he turned around mid-air and hooked the one behind him.

After beating these guys down, Issei muttered unenthusiastically "Yeah, you're probably right." Before he proceeded to take down more of these Yokai forces alongside Ben for the next several minutes.

After 10 or so minutes, Blitzwolfer and Issei were still fighting against the Yokai faction. But an enemy managed to sneak up on him without him noticing, until it was too late when he turned around to try and block the incoming sword attack.

However...

WHOOSH! BAAAMM!

A flying bokken- Japanese wooden sword- came crashing down on the poor guy with the force of a freight train that nearly blew Ben off and made his fur stood up.

Meters away from here, one of ORC's Knights, the blue haired Xenovia Quarta with a raised eye brow said "Huh? Didn't know you made friends with a werewolf Issei."

"I'm not a werewolf! Well, technically..."

The blonde Devil nun, Asia, appeared and called out to Issei with concern in her voice "Issei-san!"

Issei got shocked hearing Asia's cry, so he turned around and called out in return "Asia!"

Unfortunately he got distracted as he didn't notice the the enemy that was going to cut his head off.

Fortunately for him though, the ORC's twintailed busty Angel came right on time in front of him and parried the incoming sword attack. With steely eyes, she declared "You are not touching my Ise-kun!" Before she blasted the poor ba*tard with a light blast.

Impressed by her actions, Issei cheerfully thanked her with a thumbs up "Thanks Irina-chan!" And the Angel, Irina Shidou, equally as cheerful as him replied "You're welcome Ise-kun!"

Then Issei got determined as he turned towards Asia and said "Asia! The Promotion badge; now!"

"Hai!" Asia nodded determinedly as she brought up a certain badge that would let Issei use a technique exclusive to the Pawn piece to promote himself to any chess pieces besides the King piece.

Issei smirked as he shouted "Promotion Knight!" Before his speed increased significantly, and even counting the previous Boosts he had before... His speed is basically now monstrous!

The Fox girl gritted his teeth. Taking them down was already hard enough, but now that their numbers have increased and the Pawn used his promotion; it's basically impossible to do anything against them! Bringing out an ofuda, she called out to her soldiers and warned the Demons "Soldiers, retreat! Know this fiends, this is not over yet!" Before they disappeared with the teleportation spell.

"Well, it looks like this whole ordeal is finished I guess." Blitzwolfer said as he started walking towards the ORC while the Omnitrix symbol on him starting blinking red. Then after a few seconds, red light covered the area that made the ORC cover their eyes while he transformed back into Ben.

The ORC, except Issei, were of course shocked seeing him transfer into a human without any magic whatsoever. "So this is what you meant by 'technically'?" Xenovia said as she understood what Ben said.

Ben nodded as he replied "Yeah, sorta..."

After shaking off the shock from herself, Irina with an apologetic look apologized "Sorry for coming here late. It took up some time to reach you guys."

Xenovia added "Yeah, the sound of the battle was pretty much faint, and you guys were really far."

But Issei shook his hands and said to his friends "Aww you girls didn't need to push yourselves too hard. We could've took them out ourselves, right Ben?"

"Ahhh... Hate to break it to ya Issei, but I could've transformed back anytime soon. This stupid watch isn't working well recently."

Issei with a flat stare replied "Way to ruin the mood pal."

Before Ben could say anything else, the blonde Devil nun fidgeted as she asked with a meek voice "An-no... Sir, would you p-please introduce yourself...?"

Ben raised an eyebrow and asked back "Me...? Well..." Before he puffed his chest and pointed his thumb towards himself as he continued with full of pride "... I'm the legendary Hero Benjamin Kirby Tennyson! Wielder of the Omnitrix, guardian of Earth, Hero of the galaxies and saviour of the universe!"

While Asia and Irina looked at him with stunned eyes, Xenovia leaned towards Issei and whispered to him "Is he delusional or something?"

"No, he's from another Universe." Issei whispered back.

"You're even more delusional than he is."

"Hey, that hurt!"

Asia interrupted them before they continued bickering any further "Um-mm guys, I think we should go back to our hotel to introduce ourselves to Tennyson-san."

Both Ben and Issei now bothered to look at the battleground that was now turning into a wasteland, they both flinched upon seeing it and Issei could only mutter "Yeah, I think we should book it real fast..."

14