Chapter 36
1.9k 9 98
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With a swiftness equal to throwing out the garbage, she's thrown out of her mind. Before she can think about what has happened, she hears the sound of the wind whistling around her. 

Wait, wind?

Snapping her eyes open, she realizes there's no plane around her and she's high in the air, falling. She stops her fall and looks around, seeing only trees under her. Confused, she opens her senses to the chirping of the birds, the rustle of the leaves, the smell of the earth, and the minds around her. Wanting to know if the plane is near, she searches and searches but feels nothing for a couple kilometers. She expands her senses even more, focusing now down where the trees are instead of up in the sky, until she starts feeling faint presences. She goes down until the tall trees obscure her view and flies towards the presences, wanting to search for some phone first so she can call Tony. Or really, she just needs to be seen by a camera and Tony will get Jarvis to locate her.

Easy peasy.

Still. Better to use stealth as she doesn't want to surprise anyone. There's no reason not to use the move she's been practicing since a couple of weeks ago. It's not an actual move, but she has seen Mew using it in some of the movies. And two weeks ago, she managed to do it and a week after that; she perfected it. 

What move is she talking about?

Invisibility, of course.

She mostly perfected in case she needed to transform into human and to not be seen nude while doing so. Being the careful person (Pokemon) that she is, she uses it while approaching the people she's felt. While doing so, she can't help but think about Celebi's last words. They said she couldn't transform into Legendaries under the jurisdiction of Arceus. The only one that she can guess from the top of her head are the Ultra Beasts, Necrozma, and Deoxys.

She's really curious if it would work. She doesn't remember much about the Ultra beasts as she only knew about Alola thanks to fanfics, having stopping watching the anime after the Sinnoh region- Less be said about the games, which she just played the first couple.

So, now felling energized and a bit daring, decides to give it a try to the one she knows more about: Deoxys.

Focusing on their image, she transforms and, unlike the other times she's tried psychic Pokemon, this time, it hurts. Like lava pouring inside her veins, she feels the change. Her transformation isn't quick and smooth, but slow and so, so painful. She almost feels her bones and skin melting. She wants to cry out, but she can't as her mouth is now gone. 

She feels herself once again falling and this time she can't do anything to stop herself. Her senses seem to expand and increase forcefully. Later, she will be glad for that, for the level up her Psychic has gotten before it started filling with so many moves. Because she's forgotten Deoxys has other forms and with each form came other moves.

And then, as if waking up from a dream, she feels her back touching the ground forcefully and the dirt covering her body. The pain is then gone, and she opens her eyes and looks at herself, at her bright, yellow and green limbs. With a trembling body, she manages to stand, overwhelmed by an indescribable feeling of weakness. There's some relief that it worked and she has gained so many moves, but… yeah, not trying it again soon.

She looks around, finding it a bit weird with her limbs being what they are. So, she chooses to float a little bit. She spreads her senses so wide that she feels a headache at the vast difference in between her power then and now. The comparison of her former self to a tiny candle flame is fitting, as she now feels like an unstoppable bonfire with the upgrade. She feels as if she can know what's happening on the continent. Luckily, it's a passive ability and one she can easily ignore because otherwise ignoring the despair that large parts of the small countries around seem to be exuding would be—

She turns around sharply, feeling someone watching her. However, there's no one there. She tries to use her newfound senses to feel that presence again, but it's gone. Though now that she thinks about it, it's weird. She can feel some people being too close to each other be a town (Maybe there's a meeting?) and there are others separated into small groups as if forming a… perimeter. 

She curses under her breath, her distraction broken as she can feel them moving, some of them coming towards her. She must have made a loud sound when she fell.

Is she in the middle of some attack? Or is it some form of practice for the Austrian military? She really doesn't know, so better to be even more cautious. She hovers up, close to the trees, until she can see some of the people appearing to where the small crater she made is. She can't help but tilt her head at what she sees from the group of five closest to her. 

The men are wearing green long-sleeved jackets that look more like a shirt, with a black wide belt and pants of the same color. It's so… impractical. Aren't military people supposed to wear camouflage clothes when in action? Or are those only the American ones? What she knows about military comes from movies, so she really doesn't know how it works. Also, those green helmets look so weird. 

The guys seem to be alert to their surroundings, but still are relaxed enough to talk softly between themselves. Sadly, she doesn't understand their language, and she doesn't see a phone around, so she continues flying to where she senses more people. 

She continues like that, seeing the same dressed people. Though she does start to notice some weird things that are starting to fill her with dread. Like, their weapons seem to be cumbersome and old-looking, not like the sleek and powerful one she's seen in the movies. The people are mostly wielding rifles and have old guns in their holsters. Also, there are a lot. Like, prepared-for-war type of quantity.

She's starting to curse in her mind as she, once again, expands her senses as far as she can. Going from passive to active, without truly overwhelming herself, she tries to cover the entire continent as to know if what she's thinking about is what's really happening.

And immediately flinches, not managing to cover more than a couple tens of kilometers because she can feel acute despair coming from some part in the southeast. It's a resigned type of desperation, alongside some people that feel oddly dull, like their feelings are being forcefully smoothed down.

It makes her feel oddly angry, to know that someone is playing with someone's mind and she's sure that's what's happening. She knows too well about minds to not notice otherwise. But this foreign anger seems not her own, so she finds it weird.

She will analyze it later. There are people to help. With that in mind, she goes above the trees still in her invisible state and flies to where she can feel the despair.

It doesn't take her long to reach the place where she can feel the despairing people with the speed she's going. She could go faster, but she would probably leave signs in the sky of her increased speed. She sees the big building and one look at the sigil on top of it makes her curse softly, but firmly. 

Because that's HYDRA's sigil.

She sighs, now understanding what Celebi was trying to explain. What better place to change things than when the first Avenger made his debut? Because there's no way the HYDRA of the year she comes from is as brash as to put their obvious sigil on top of a building. That and the soldiers she's seen make her believe she's in the middle of World War II. When exactly, she doesn't know.

Spy time it is, then.

.

.

Yeah, I know. I'm updating after months of not doing so. In my defense, I work 6 days a week and my shifts are ever-changing (the pay is good tho).

This week is my vacation time and I'll try to accumulate as many chapters as I can and update once or twice a week from now on. 

I've already written three and I'll update one soon publish on my patreon after I edit it, today. (I've was 9 chapters ahead of this story there, I think?)

98