Chapter 38
1.5k 13 89
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When she comes out and looks at the time again, she's glad to find out only three minutes have passed. She turns her head and sees Bucky now seated and trying to stand up, his gaze never leaving her figure. She glances down when she hears the blonde guy coughing as he looks up at her.

"Who are you?" this guy also asks, and she's quick to answer with a 'Lilith, hi', before going to the next guy, the sound of guns firing increasing as she dives onto the next guy, and then the next, and the next after that one until a fine layer of sweat is forming on her brow. 

Her control is good but being careful and quick is still hard to do. Whenever she goes out of a mind, she notices that some of the awoken guys are already in position. One is the lookout while the others search for any weapons in sight, preparing to attack.

When she's done with the last one, she looks up to see all the other guys watching her. The sounds of gunfire outside have become increased in volume and intensity, now some bombs going on alongside them.

She breathes in deeply, her shoulders rising and falling, before meeting the eyes of each person present, seeing nothing but a fierce determination within them. For one moment, she's overwhelmed by the sea of unfamiliar faces, her mind racing as she struggles to find the right words. Though her hate for empty silences is stronger than her fear of public speaking, as always, so she straightens her posture and says, "Ready to escape, boys?"

Some roll their eyes while others have smirks on their lips. In the end, Bucky is the one to step forward. "I've found a gun. I'll take point."

She looks at the small gun that looks more ready for a battle between cowboys than for a war and raises an eyebrow at him. "Yeah, no. No offence, but that little thing wouldn't help us much. Better if I take point and you guard my side."

One of the guys, a beefy one with an awesome mustache, is the one to raise his eyebrow this time. He gives her petite form a glance over before saying, "Only you, girly?"

She smirks, and hoping this won't bite her ass later, she floats up and, just knowing she could transform into Deoxys without first becoming Mew, she changes. They step back as the clothes tear apart from the transformation.

She can't breathe in as she currently has no mouth, but still manages to form a telepathic link with them as she says, 'Do not be afraid. I said it before, didn't I? I'm here to save you.'

They flinch even when she made sure her thoughts weren't too loud.

"What are you?" one guy breathes out, his hold tightening on his weapon, action followed by all others.

She can't even swallow as she doesn't have a mouth, which is a blessing as they can't see how nervous she is, but also a curse, as the action would at least calm her in its normality. 'I'm a Deoxys, but you can call me Lilith.'

Bucky is the first to pull himself together, not weird as she spent the longest time fixing his mind and must be feeling less rattled than the others. 

"I'm in," he says firmly. "Don't know about you, but I want to escape this place and with all the chaos happening outside, this would be the better time."

"There must be others like us scattered around. We need to save them," the man with the mustache says. Most agree, while the others seem to be more cautious. "What do you think, Lilith?"

She wants to smile but can't. 'Let's save them.'

She changes from her Normal Form to the Defense Form, ready to protect them. The men nod, ready to go out. 

When everyone is getting ready to go out, she feels a presence approaching. She doesn't feel any malice or other negative emotion that reminds her of Obadiah. There's concern and determination, instead. She can probably guess who it is, and there's some anger at him for what he would do to Tony in the future, but still.

It hasn't happened, she reminds herself as she says, 'Someone's coming'. And because she doesn't want the person to be injured, she adds, 'They don't seem to be bad.'

"How do you know?" Bucky asks as he steps in front of the group, but is still a couple meters away from the door. 

She doesn't get to answer because it's then that the door opens, showing a tired-looking Steve Rogers with a gun in his hands. The men instantly ready their weapons at him, but Steve ignores them. His gaze is focused on Bucky. He calls his name and Bucky frowns slightly before his eyes roam his face. Recognition finally lights in his gaze and he sounds surprised and in disbelief as he blurts out, "Steve?"

Steve smiles widely, his face set into a boyish expression that's so handsome she wants to swoon. Instead, she taps a long finger-like limb on the ground, because her arms are that long, pulling the attention of the now relaxed men towards her. 'Boys, we need to go.'

That seems to stop Bucky from asking the questions that are on the tip of his tongue about the new body of his friend, but it doesn't stop Steve from tightening his grip on his weapon, his gaze cautious as he looks at her. "And you are?"

'Call me Lilith. Now, we don't have time for this, so let's go, Mr. Dorito.'

She can see him mouthing the word 'Dorito' in confusion. He shakes his head, deciding to leave that mystery behind him as he motions for them to go out. 

'I'll take point,' she says when Steve seems ready to offer the same. 'Cover me when you get some guns on you.'

The last sentence makes Steve look at the weapons every other man is holding, and he nods at last, opening the door and motioning her to go first. "There's a group I already freed. They hijacked a tank and destroyed one of the gates, so better to go towards it. There will be some chaos, especially now that they have activated some self-destruct timer."

'It doesn't matter. You tell us where to go and I will protect you.' While running, she remembers the map where there are written the location of other HYDRA bases across Europe. They are still in range of the lab, as this form is slightly slower, so she takes it and makes it float towards Steve. 'Take this and maintain it safe.'

If Steve is surprised by the telekinesis, he doesn't show it. Instead, he opens the map quickly, his eyes widening at what he sees. He then folds the paper and puts it inside his jacket and nods at her, his eyes serious.

.

.

Things getting serious. Ufufufu

Want to read 10 chapters ahead? Go to my p@treon, then c:

P@treon . com /JorieDS

89