Chapter 44
1.9k 10 80
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Knowing he's suffered enough, she makes the giggle she's contained for so long sound into the minds of everyone in the room. They tense, with only the secretary jumping in her seat. When they start to look around, she waits a bit. When she can see the signs of impatience showing on Steve's face, she appears in all her cute, shiny glory.

Her Mew form is cute, true, but she's got to admit Alolan Raichu has a certain softness that makes it more huggable.

'Greetings,' she says, nodding her head a bit in a show of respect.

When she looks up, she almost cracks up at the sight of their funny faces. Now everyone's look reassemble the secretary when Steve started his tale.

She giggles, her little paws embracing her fluffy tail tightly in an attempt to calm herself down.

"So cute," the secretary mumbles. And Eva nods; a wise woman indeed.

Her voice seems to snap everyone out of their shock. Howard is the first to stand up as he approaches with the same look Tony had when she gave him permission to see how her powers worked. The man is almost giddy as he circles her, trying to look at her from every angle. He lifts his hand as if to touch her, but she makes her cheeks sparkle and that's enough for him to back up. 

He may look like Tony, but he wasn't her dear friend.

The man, if nothing else, looks even more excited at the prospect of something supernatural happening. 

The Colonel gives Steve a quick glare, before his gaze is once again directed at her, scrutinizing. "Is this the creature you mentioned? Wasn't it supposed to be big and yellow/green colored?"

Howard is quick to says, "Yes, yes, but you forgot Steve also said it has the ability to transform."

'SHE can speak, too,' she says dryly. 

Howard has the decency to give her a sheepish smile. The Colonel? He's still looking at Steve, which, rude.

Steve at least gives her an apologetic glance before answering the Colonel, "As I was saying, after transporting us here, she was visibly tired and chose this transformation for us to carry her while she rested.

Howard lights up. "Does that mean she's able to change her weight as well as her size?"

This time he's talking to her, so she answers with a nod. 'I change to the molecular level whenever I transform.'

Which is true. Tony checked her DNA from all her transformations, and they were all different. Tony made her do brain scans, and it showed them all differing from her Mew form. It made him so confused and giddy.

Personally, she thinks that while her body changes, her soul remains the same, but Tony, the ever believer of science, can't accept that answer without having proof of the existence of souls.

She will probably have to contact the sorcerers if she wants an even more detailed answer, but she honestly doesn't want to meet them. So yeah, her transformation will remain a mystery for the moment.

"That's impossible," Howard blurts out, finally recovering his ability to talk. "Or at least, it shouldn't be. And less of all, naturally." He taps his chin in thought before he peers down at her. "Do you use any device to transform?"

She smiles wryly. 'It's an ability of mine, no device needed whatsoever.'

"Amazing," he breathes out. He looks towards the Colonel and says solemnly. "Earth doesn't have the technology to create someone like her. Nor does it possess something to change one's body so drastically or to communicate via the mind."

She smiles dryly, not so sure about that as she hasn't stepped foot on Wakanda yet, but they shouldn't be able to do what she can, not even with all the Vibranium they have.

"So she's an alien, you say?"

And again, not directing the question to her, but bypassing her presence as if it was nothing.

Peggy seems to notice her annoyance as she says, "Maybe we should ask her that. We would get a direct answer, at least."

She nods. 'Miss Carter is right. I can answer whatever question you've got for me. Though some I feel are too obtrusive or I simply don't want to answer, I won't answer.'

The Colonel seems ready to object, but Peggy once again speaks, her voice calm and soothing, "Understandable. You already showed being partial to us by subjecting yourself to answering some of our questions. And you've got to know, there is going to be a lot, as I think this is the first contact humanity has had with someone from outside our world."

She's pretty sure the Celestials came first, but whatever. Also, she kind of wants to gush at how cool Peggy is at taking command, but she still wants to keep some of the mystery, if only for the kicks. Fangirling would not help in doing that. 

So, she nods.

The Colonel seems to calm enough to speak without sounding hostile. "We've got to inform our leaders before any questioning is done."

Peggy nods once at him, before turning towards her. "How long do you plan to stay here?"

She tilts her head to the side. 'Here as in Italy? Or do you refer to Earth in general?'

Peggy and the Colonel share a look before nodding and saying, "Both."

She shrugs. 'Here in Earth? Indefinitely. Italy, however? Well, I like it enough and I'm used to it, but I've got to admit to feeling angry at the actions committed by HYDRA.'

"Germany, you mean?" The Colonel asks.

'My anger is not to the country or the people but for its leaders, the ones behind all of this, yes. Especially those in charge of HYDRA.'

The Colonel turns to look sharply at her. "Why? This is not your war."

She nods, because they're right. And besides, she doesn't want to really join the war. Call her coward or whatever. However, she'shad mental problems for a long time—she's not ready to sacrifice her current mental stability for a dick measuring contest between countries.

That doesn't mean she's opposed to helping out, though. She doesn't want to fight, true, but that doesn't mean she doesn't want to protect, rescue or heal. 

How to explain all of that, though? For them, she's an unknown creature. If she doesn't justify herself, they won't believe she just wants to help because it's the right thing to do.

.

.

Wanna read ten chapters ahead? Go to my p@treon and support me then c;

80