Chapter 6
365 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

More than a year afterward, he finally started his vigilante career. Not because of choice, like he wanted; or necessity, as he expected, but it was more out of duty.

Or at least that's what his shinigami self tells him as he senses the unmistakable feel of a Hollow. He hasn't really seen one, but he still knows the feeling of one. Not only because he has a part of one inside him, but because of his memories of a little kicking warrior tell him.

He's a couple of meters away from his house when he senses it and for one long second, he's not sure if he's going crazy.

Marvel doesn't have Hollows, after all.

However, he doesn't think too long about it. He shakes his head and runs to his house. When he closes the door, he throws his body onto the couch and changes Mashiro's template from passive to active, and jumps out of his body. Then he wills his clothes to change to what he's called his Assassin's ones.

They are the steampunk's clothes though.

He gives a quick glance at his status page.

Host: Souma King

Ability: Master Chef (high-intermediate level), Hie-Hie no mi (high-beginner level) Hakuda (mid-intermediate level), Reiatsu Manipulation (mid-beginner level), Hoho (low-beginner level), Homunculus Constitution (low-intermediate level), Dark Manipulation (low-beginner level)

Power level: 9B

Energy control: 20%

Character Template: Pride (19%), Mashiro Kuna (25%)

Equipment: Gothic outfit, Rick's untraceable phone, Orihime's Shun Shun Rikka, Kneesock's Double Gold Spandex, Asauchi.

Draws: (x14)

With a nod, he jumps from his bedroom window and runs in the air, grateful it is so dark when he returned from his Taekwondo lessons and that most don't look up. When he finally reaches the place where he feels the Hollow comes from, he sees it near an alley.

It's a scorpion type of hollow, with a big pointed tail on its back. It seems to have noticed him because they roar at him. And that startles some people. Apparently, none can see it, but they can hear it fine.

It moves near him, towards the street full of people and cars, almost stepping over a young couple. Luckily, he kicked its leg first. The hollow turns its body, its tail crashing against a car.

"Shit," he exclaims as he jumps up onto the air, grabbing the middle of the tail carefully before trying to launch it up into the air. Trying being the keyword. The Hollow grabs the ground, apparently knowing of his intentions. It roars again.

"Hey, ugly, let go!"

The Hollow still struggles, by now barely grabbing the ground from the tips of its claws, leaving the marks deeply embedded onto the ground. Now people are yelling. For one moment he wonders why, but luckily his Pride template warns him of a source of light nearby. He turns his head and sees the Cero the Hollow forms in the tip of its tail.

He curses as he kicks the appendage with all his strength, happy to see it broken in two, the Cero banishing into the air. Now the people scream harder. And when he glances at them, he sees them looking right at the half of the tail currently disintegrating.

So, they can see the parts I cut from the Hollow...

He ignores it and pays attention to the Hollow that's screaming in pain. He mutters 'What the Hell' and once again, Shunpo's towards the underside of its head, which it had tilted back to scream better, and Kicks.

It goes up and up.

He once again runs in the air until he can reach it and then, taking out his asauchi, he stabs it right into its mask.

People scream once again, which lets him know they can see it now that it's dead. He watches disintegrate until a small black butterfly forms. For some weird reason, which he blames Pride and his inner hollow, he wants to eat it. However, he easily suppresses this strange want. After all, if he's going to eat any soul, it'll be from criminals or bad people, not from a purified one.

Yeah, he accepted that reality, like five months back.

After all, he will get stronger and deny a soul to Mephisto, though he doesn't know if there's a Hell dimension here, in MCU. Someday he'll have to talk with the Ancient One. He thought that day would be far away, but seeing the butterfly slowly disappearing tells him it will be sooner than he would have liked.

There's a strange feeling, too. With a glance down at the people that still are craning their necks to see him, he notices a dead body near. A half-eaten body. It was a woman, though he doesn't care much about it. What he cares about is the strange feeling he gets from it.

'Why is there a piece of soul in that body?' he asks the system.

'MCU'S universe rules are different. They are more connected to their bodies.'

'What does that mean? The Hollow ate half a soul and left the other there?'

'Yes.'

'... What happens to her soul? Does she move on?'

'No.'

'Why?'

'The Hollow has processed half their soul into its body. The other half will eventually disappear. There's no consciousness in it anymore.'

Horror fills his being. He doesn't know why, maybe the Shinigami part of him, but he feels pain at knowing that a soul has been destroyed. They won't move on to the Reincarnation cycle, they...

Trying to ignore the way he panics, he goes away with a simple Shunpo. To mourn for a woman he didn't even know.

He receives an extra draw from killing his first Hollow, but doesn't feel any happiness.

15