Chapter 7
334 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'System, why was the Hollow there?'

'Because there is a Shinigami in this world.'

"... What?" He says out loud as he sits on top of a skyscraper. Then, in his mind, he demands, 'Give me more detailed information about the situation.'

'Host has a Flaw, 'Truth: Equivalent exchange', and it became in use after arriving in this world.'

'... Does that mean I am the reason a hollow appeared?'

'Yes.'

Trying to compartmentalize that information away so he can fret about it later, he asks, 'Why only one, though?'

'It takes long for a Hollow to form.'

He nods slightly. It's true. This Hollow felt pretty weak, too. If it wasn't for the fear of causing damage or injuring people, he would have easily killed it with a kick.

'Does it mean there will be more Hollows roaming around the world?'

'Eventually, yes.'

'How long, approximately?'

'More than a century.'

Okay, that's... not as little as he thought, but not as much as he wanted either.

'Why did it appear in this city and not in other parts of the world?'

'It benefited from the spiritual energy the host leaks out.'

That means they will first appear near him before they expand around the world. Looking at his number of draws, he has fifteen with the one he recently gained. He was thinking of using it for an item from Fate. Maybe he could Excalibur Thanos off. However, it seems he will have to spend it on companions instead. He needs to recreate the Soul Society if he doesn't want Hollow wreaking havoc in the world.

He will need fifteen for one, three to make it from bleach, and three more to add more specifications. So, twenty-one minimum.

Throwing his head back, he sighs. "Well, I'm out in the open already. Better to do some vigilante work."

Though, should he? He's a shinigami after all and they don't bother with humans. If he saves people and eliminates hollows, won't it create a poor reputation for Shinigamis?

Oh, what the Hell. It'll be a new Soul Society and that means new rules.

Let's hope he doesn't screw it up.

Famous last words.

-

Being a vigilante hasn't changed his schedule much. Probably because he mostly does it at night and he's found out that his soul coming out of his body works like an astral projection. He enjoys the benefits of working all night long, while not having the drawbacks of being too tired the next day as his body sleeps peacefully.

Though his soul needs rest. He's found out after eight days of doing this and falling asleep as soon as he was out of his body. Luckily, he only slept for three hours and his parents had stopped checking on him late at night so they didn't see the double bodies of their only child.

After taking care of a fire (Ice-Ice fruit for the win!), he's stopped by two men in suits claiming to be from the government. They take out their badges and recite a long-ass name.

Huh. SHIELD already? A bit slow of them, isn't it? It's been four months since he started. Though taking into consideration the fact that he always goes away immediately after saving the day and that he disappears as soon as there's light out, leaving no traces, maybe they're not too late.

He just stayed in for the first time in place after performing his heroics.

Why did he stay? Well, it's because there were two people badly burnt that came from the fire. One barely holding to life, while the other is slightly stable.

"Sorry, gentlemen, but this conversation will have to wait," he says as he once again moves towards the ambulance. He doesn't interrupt the paramedic immediately, but he stands close so she can see him. Once she looks up, he says, "I think I can help."

And without waiting for her answer, now that she's pulled back from the badly burnt teenager, he activates Shun Shun Rikka and prepares for the pain.

And it comes with vengeance. The same as it did when he experimented with a bird that was injured. Though at that time the pain was negligible, not like the one he's dealing with at the moment. He grits his teeth as the lady moves away from the orange shield that has formed on top of the patient. She wants to scream. He can see it on her face, probably to berate him, but stops when she sees the visible healthy skin forming on the teenager. All his burns retreat at a fast pace from his flesh.

"How-" she starts as she turns around to look at him, but once again stops at seeing the bottom of his face not covered by the hood. She then looks back at the teenager before returning her gaze to him.

"... You're burning yourself," she says in a small voice.

Geez. What a way to state the obvious. He wants to say that. What comes out through gritted teeth is, "I'll heal."

And it does.

As soon as the teenager is healthy enough and he stops the technique, his skin mends back to how it was. A combination of his Devil Fruit alongside his Homunculus Constitution at work.

It still hurts, though now is more of a phantom pain than anything serious.

He moves to the next patient.

16