Chapter 8
320 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fifteen minutes after he left the men behind, he's done.

He lets out a sigh as he looks back and yep, there they are.

"Sir, if you would talk with us now?"

He rolls his eyes and walks through them. His concentration on being solid gone. It startles them pretty badly as their hands go for their weapons.

He glances back. "I won't talk with you both. Though if you want me to talk with someone from your organization, you can call your boss and I'll make an appointment with them."

They hesitate for a moment, but in the end, they comply. They take a while, though. Almost the same time it took him to heal the two people. However, when it's done and they hand him the phone, the one who answers back is not Fury.

"Yes, this is…?"

"Alexander Pierce, their 'boss', may I have the name of the one I'm speaking with?"

He narrows his eyes and glances at the two men. "Yeah… I don't like your name, so I won't talk to you. Bye, bye!"

He hangs up and gives the phone back.

"Sorry, I changed my mind. Maybe it's because I'm feeling tired, but who knows? Try another time," he says before shunpo'ing away.

That was close. He doesn't know if Alexander Pierce is the current director, though. He was the previous one to Fury, wasn't he? Better to stay away from them until he knows for sure Fury is the one in command. Maybe when the Ten Rings kidnap Tony.

After all, he knows he will have to share some information with SHIELD eventually, but he prefers if they are SHIELD the ones he's talking with and not HYDRA spies.

.

.

He's with his parents, cooking. He had just shown them a new knife technique he's 'learned', or more like copied from Food Wars, with them imitating it, when his mom stops and looks at the TV. Intrigued, he looks back alongside his dad and is slightly surprised by the news. They are talking about him. Or more like his alter-ego.

"... had second-degree burns on his face and the upper part of his torso. I was treating him when this dome of orange light appears and it heals him!"

"Did he just go on and perform this act?"

"No, no. He waited for me to notice him and then he acted. I was still going to give him a piece of my mind when I saw the visible part of his face being burned in the same way the patient was. It was like he transferred the patient's injuries onto himself."

"Thank you, Doctor Davis, for that recounting of the events. Now, we will continue talking about the new vigilante that has..."

"Mom?"

That wakes up her mother from her trance. She turns towards him. "Nothing, sweety. It's just... that fire was a couple of blocks away from our work."

"Wait, really?!" he exclaims, honestly surprised. After all, it was dark, and he just followed the smoke that time.

"Really, son. We heard yesterday a lot of rumors about it. All the kitchen did was talk about it!" he grumbles, with crossed arms, ignoring his hands that just a minute ago were touching the meat.

"They were cooking just fine, love."

"Fine, she says. Huh!" He ruffles his hair, still forgetting his dirtied hands as he does so. When he realizes what he's done, he gives him a sheepish smile and goes to clean his hands. "Okay, it doesn't matter. Let's continue. We will not stop today until I've mastered this new trick!"

.

.

After that conversation, two more months pass as he evades SHIELD sight. He has had to deal with only three Hollows since they first appeared, which he doesn't know if it's a good sign or not. Though he notices that the time they are appearing is becoming shorter. He desperately needs someone who can help him locate them, so he knows how far it's spreading.

However, he doesn't need twenty-one draws as he previously thought, but twenty-four. Fifteen for the companion, three for the world (Bleach), three for the race (Shinigami), and the last three for specifications like 'Scientist'.

Twenty-four.

He only has twenty draws and a little over two weeks to receive another one.

Can he really wait four more months when there may be people in danger?

Fuck.

… He will need to contact SHIELD.

If Tony Stark wasn't an ass at the moment, he would have contacted him instead, but some things can't be done like one wants to.

.

He spends two days preparing for the inevitable meeting, trying to think about how to approach them without being seen as suspicious. They will want some form to contact him afterward, which he's lucky to have Rick's phone. He takes it out and examines it. It's like a normal smartphone, though slightly bulkier, like a PDA, and the same color he remembers Rick's hair to be.

It's not new as there are a couple of scratches here and there. And when he turns it on, it says 'updating data' on its screen.

Surprisingly, the system appears once again with the words 'uploading information' on its blue panel.

He wonders what that was about for one moment, before deciding to shrug it off. Maybe he will gain some knowledge from Rick & Morty's world. Who knows?

Anyway, when the data completes the download, he will contact them. He thinks he has a perfect idea prepared. Let's just hope it works.

16