Chapter 9
315 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He's meditating under a tree, his ex-Asauchi and now Zanpakuto rests above his crossed legs. Its sealed state reminds him of Vergil's Yamato, though the handle is blue instead of white. He heard a voice two weeks ago and is concentrating on hearing it once again.

Also, he's waiting for SHIELD to arrive as more obvious than this... He doesn't think he can do it. He once again hears the voice, but it's too faint to make out the words.

He sighs and looks up where he can see the agents already approaching his position.

One stands above all and not only because of the little hair on his head and that placid smile on his face, but for the familiarity, he finds at seeing him.

That's Coulson!

He lets out a tiny breath of air as the man approaches with the other agents nearby on standby. He stands up slowly as he doesn't want to startle anyone even if their guns can't harm him thanks to the Devil Fruit he ate. Physical attacks don't work on him after all.

"Hello, sir. I'm Agent Coulson from the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement, and Logistics Division," he says all in one breath, the same smile on his lips.

He tilts his head and makes a humming noise as if thinking. "Why not call it SHIELD and be done with it?"

"We already sent the request. Though no need to worry about it. Now Mr...?"

"Selim. My name's Selim," he says, and he actually put a lot of thought into that name as he could have used Mashiro, but he doesn't know if he would ever summon her. His other identity would have to do. After all, it once was Pride's human name, and he's part of him, too. "Pleasure to meet you, Agent Coulson."

He tilts his head to the side. "If you would follow me, I think you wanted to talk with us." Souma nods and walks with him. "I can't help but wonder, though, what made you decide to talk with us? You've been pretty adamant about ignoring us before, after all."

"Yes, I know, and I apologize for that. I could explain more, but I prefer to only talk once and in a secure place, with your boss, if possible."

"Director Fury is a busy person, but I'll see what I can do."

So Fury's the current Director. Sweet. What he's heard from the agents following him around is true.

"Just tell him, 'I'm not a flerken, I'll not harm him'. He'll know what I mean."

Coulson looks dubious, but he still nods, slightly moving away as he presses a button on the device in his ear.

He uses the time Coulson uses to talk, to briefly check his status.

Host: Souma King

Ability: Master Chef (high-intermediate level), Hie Hie no mi (high-beginner level), Hakuda (high-intermediate level), Reiatsu Manipulation (mid-beginner level), Hoho (high-beginner level), Extrasensory Perception (mid-novice level), Homunculus Constitution (mid-intermediate level), Darkness Manipulation (low-intermediate level)

Power level: 8A

Energy control: 20%

Character Template: Pride (23%), Mashiro Kuna (34%)

Equipment: Gothic outfit, Rick's untraceable phone, Orihime's Shun Shun Rikka, Kneesock's Double Gold Spandex, Zanpakuto.

Draws: (x20)

He sighs, though his smile is quick to return when Coulson returns from talking to who he hopes is Fury. "So?"

"The director wishes to see you," he answers, then motions to the car parked near with a hand. "If you would please follow me, we can take you to the quinjet."

Looking at the car dubiously, as he's never gone inside one while in this form, he follows. He will have to be concentrated all the time, so he doesn't pass through.

"Okay, but I got to warn you I won't be able to talk to you while being inside." At Coulson's raised eyebrow, he adds after making sure no one is at a hearing distance, his dark shadow extending around the park causing his honesty. "If I don't keep constant concentration, I'll pass through the car."

Coulson makes an 'oh' noise as his gaze sharpens. With one hand, he opens the door to the car. "Does that mean your natural state is intangible?"

"You could say that."

Also, he doesn't know if their transportation is bugged or not.

What follows are two hours in which he spends his time thinking about all the likely outcomes of this situation. Souma Yukihira was a positive and honest guy, while Mashiro Kuna was a bubbly and airheaded woman. They both make him want to be honest, which wouldn't be good in this situation. While he knows Fury one day will probably know most of what there is to know of him, he needs to slowly give the information, as spies are a paranoid bunch. If one tells them something honestly, they will doubt it.

On the other hand, if you let them discover the truth by themselves...

He doesn't know if he'll manage that balance, though.

After all, even if some of Selim's memories have affected his personality too as he's more cautious and knows how to play a role (he also has noticed he's more ruthless in his thoughts, which he doesn't know if it's good or not). However, he doesn't have the homunculus cunning.

He will just have to act the part, and show his true happy-go-lucky personality while oversharing a lot to confuse him so that way he doesn't ask that many questions.

He hopes it works or it will have the contrary effect.

15