Chapter 2: Battlefield
555 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Whoosh, Bang"

As soon as Kian regained consciousness, he heard a sharp whistle in his ear, followed by a massive roar as if it was ringing in his ears, shaking his head. Then a powerful blast shock wave hit him directly, sending him flying.

"Is there a war going on?!" Kian first thought while flying in the air.

"Bang!"

While thinking, his body slammed heavily on the ground. Kian felt that his internal organs were turned upside down and a taste salty in his throat causing him to cough up blood. The strong smell of blood filled his mouth instantly.

"Oh F*ck"

Struggling to get up, he found that his whole body was weak and unable to move, and every move caused unbearable pain in his chest and abdomen. Kian realized that he might have internal injuries.

"Whoosh~Boom!"

The explosions continued, and the whistling sound occasionally echoed in his ear. Although Kian didn't know what was happening, he knew the best way to save his life was to find an air-raid shelter. Even though the shelters wouldn't be of much use in this situation.

But it was still better than lying here and waiting for death. Who knows when a bullet will drop next to him?

Kian tried hard to move his body to a safe place, but every movement caused unbearable pain. He had no strength in his body and couldn't move any further despite crawling for half a meter.

"Fuck it" he cursed in frustration.

Eventually, perhaps out of desperation or maybe due to frustration. Kian stopped moving altogether. He curled up into a ball and prayed that he wouldn't be unlucky enough to get hit by the bombs.

As if hearing his prayers, the barrage of bombs rained down on him miraculously missed. Luck was definitely on his side.

After a while, the bombing gradually stopped, and Kian finally managed to pull himself out from under the thick layer of dirt covering him. Just as he took a few breaths of fresh air, the ground beneath him began to shake gently, followed by the sound of footsteps. Before he could understand what was happening, he felt two hands on his shoulders, pulling him up from both sides.

"Fuck it hurts."

Kian didn't have time to protest; the sudden movement irritated his internal injuries. Another mouthful of fresh blood mixed with black clots spurted out. The unbearable pain attacked his central nervous system. His body's protective mechanisms kicked in, and then Kian passed out gracefully.

After traveling through time, the unfortunate protagonist passed out before even figuring out what was happening.

Let us mourn for him for three seconds!

One

Two

Three

When Kian regained consciousness and opened his eyes, he unexpectedly found himself in a space surrounded by pure white smoke.

"Wasn't I in a battle?" he wondered, turning around to look at his surroundings. Kian couldn't understand how he ended up in this strange and unfamiliar place when he was supposed to be on the battlefield.

Is this the afterlife? His body didn't seem to hurt anymore, and his wounds had disappeared.

It was unusual!

Absolutely unusual!

With these thoughts in mind, Kian became even more vigilant.

"You've arrived!" A very ethereal voice sounded like it was resonating from deep within Kian's heart, causing him to back away in fear.

"Come out! I can see your feet! Don't hide!"

Although the words were spoken, Kian didn't see a ghostly figure.

"Let me give you a brief introduction. You now have three opportunities to salvage items. Depending on your luck, you will automatically receive one opportunity every month in the Salvage Pool, where you can obtain any useful or useless item. Alright, enough talk. Let's begin!"

The voice rambled on and on, and while Kian understood the words, he couldn't catch what it was trying to say.

"Uh?"

Just then, a fishing net appeared in his hand. Kian raised an eyebrow in confusion, about to ask a question when the voice spoke up again.

"Don't ask me. I don't know, either. And as someone who has been influenced by novels with Golden finger, don't you understand the situation you're in now?"

...

Golden finger?

Kian's eyebrows furrowed as he suddenly realized why this all felt so familiar. Wasn't this just like the beginning of a typical "golden finger" fanfiction novel?

Wait a minute!

"Where am I now?"

Kian asked seriously, "Where am I really in reality?"

He didn't have time to think before. Still, now that he did, he realized that it was unlikely he was in a war, let alone a war between superpowers like China and the United States.

So there was only one possibility left.

"The voice answered timely: "Yes, exactly as you thought!"

The voice explained promptly, "You've traveled back in time! Or, more accurately, you've been transmigrated!"

Learning the answer, Kian wasn't as excited as the protagonists in typical novels. Instead, he felt quite calm.

He was even a little tired.

"If I told you where you are, you would definitely not be as calm as you are now!"

The voice teased, "Do you want to know?"

Kian said, "I don't want to!"

Apparently, the voice didn't expect Kian to answer that way. It paused momentarily and then continued as if nothing had happened.

"You are now in the European front line battlefield of World War II in October 1942, and your identity is Jack Wayne, a sniper in the U.S. Army's 107th Infantry Division. And in front of you is the German 2nd Panzer Division, known as the 2nd Tank Division."

Kian never thought he would time-travel and end up on the European battlefield of World War II. That wasn't the point. The point was that he was facing the German Panzer Division!.

Although he didn't know much about the composition of the German army, he had heard of the notorious reputation of the SS.

Compared to where he came from, he had never even heard of the 107th Infantry Division. While the name sounded familiar, going up against a division with just a regiment seemed like a losing battle.

"Can I get off the bus?"

"This is a one-way ticket. I'm sorry."

"A one-way ticket to my death?"

"Make good use of what you have in your hand. It can take you to the peak of your life."

Kian instinctively looked down at the fishing net in his hands. He would have to rely on the Multiverse Salvage Pool.

The other party had just introduced that everything could be fished out. He could fish out a treasure that could turn the tide of the situation. Thinking of this, Kian became eager to try, but when he looked around, no one was in sight, let alone the inter-dimensional fishing pond.

Just as he was about to ask a question, the voice rang out again, Kian turned around, and a small lake with a diameter of over ten meters appeared behind him. He didn't know when.

Taking a deep breath, Kian walked to the lake and probed the fishing net into the water!

He stirred the water casually a few times, and then pulled the fishing net up with a quick jerk.

"Hmm?"

5