Chapter 6: Plan
302 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kian was surprised by the impact of an RPG that struck their position. As he stood in disbelief, a dozen more shells were fired and destroyed most of the opposing team's tanks, forcing the remaining tanks to retreat quickly and ending the German army's plans for a quick attack.

The colonel observed the scene in the US command post through his binoculars and finally felt relieved. He passed the binoculars to a female agent. He expressed his gratitude for providing advanced weapons that had given them a few more hours to fight.

Although Mr. Stark was not known for his manners, he was a brilliant weapon developer. The female agent was not surprised by the outcome, as Colonel Phillip had spent an hour convincing Mr. Stark to share his latest invention.

The colonel was confident that the enemy was infuriated by the loss of their tanks and eagerly awaited nightfall to launch a full-scale attack. Meanwhile, frustration ranted in the German command post as they called their enemies "idiots."

August felt like he was about to explode with anger. As the elite unit of the German army, it should have been an easy task to defeat an unknown American force. But he was surprised by their determination and resilience in the face of their relentless attacks, which had lasted much longer than anticipated.

He had planned to launch a final attack before nightfall, confident in his tank unit's ability to destroy the enemy. However, the Americans had a secret weapon that decimated half of his Tiger tanks, which meant he would return home as a laughingstock in the entire Second Armored Division.

So, in frustration, he just executed his intelligence officer, blaming the enemy for his failure. "Order our troops to launch the final attack tonight," he ordered coldly, "and use our latest weapons!"

The messenger shuddered at the last sentence, realizing what that meant, and quickly relayed the order to the troops.

    .........

Kian was led by a messenger around the camp. It was a rare moment for him to catch his breath. He had planned to take a good rest and digest today's experiences. He found a comfortable place to lie down and sleep. He was physically and mentally exhausted and needed a good rest.

But before he could fall asleep, the messenger came running over, saying that Colonel Alex wanted to see him. According to the original memories of Jack Wayne, Alex was the commander of the 107th Infantry Regiment and held the rank of colonel.

He wasn't surprised that Alex wanted to see him. Kian knew he had performed exceptionally well in the recent battles. Despite his exhaustion, he got up and followed the messenger to meet with Colonel Alex.

As he followed the messenger to the command post, he couldn't ignore the gruesome scenes around him - the bodies, the despairing soldiers, the burning trenches, and the stench of the dead.

Just a few hours ago, he was just an ordinary person living in a peaceful country. Although life was tough, at least he didn't have to worry about food and clothing. In his spare time, he would play games and watch movies, often fantasizing about being a hero on the battlefield and achieving great feats!

The reality of war had shattered his illusions of heroism, leaving him saddened and a brutal and unforgiving reality that only brought suffering and destruction.

I don't know why people always crave things like war.

The biggest blow to him was a photo. It was a picture of a happy family of three, tightly held in the hand of a soldier's severed arm. But now, this family was broken.

"This is war, soldier!"

Somehow, Kian had arrived at the command post, still lost in thought about the scene just now. Colonel seemed to know what he was thinking and walked over to pat his shoulder and comfort him: "People are dying every minute! What you and I can do is try to prevent this from happening as much as possible."

"What should I do?"

Kian came back to his senses and looked up at the man. It was Colonel Alex.

Alex sighed and said, "One person can't change anything. What we can do now is defend and buy time!"

No! One person can change the course of the war!

Kian thought of his plan and felt confident. He was about to speak when Alex interrupted him "Alright, I only asked you to come here to meet you. I've seen your excellent performance, and if we make it back alive, I'll personally report it to headquarters for you!"

"Now, go rest well. We still have a tough battle for a fight tonight!"

"I need your help, sir!" Kian said

Kian finally found a chance and said urgently, "I have a way to change the course of this war, but I need your support as a commanding officer!"

Kian believes that with the help of the colonel, his plan will definitely succeed!

"Change this war?"

Alex's sharp eyes looked at Kian as he spoke "Regardless of whether you can do it or not, what kind of help do you need? What is your plan?"

Kian saw that there might be a chance and quickly laid out his plan and requirements.

Kian was hopeful that Colonel Alex would agree to his plan but was disappointed when he rejected it outright. Alex was concerned about the potential risks and consequences that the plan could bring to his subordinates.

"But Colonel, we have no other choice!"

Kian grew anxious: "You know very well that we can't wait for reinforcements to arrive. The enemy on the other side is like wild wolves. They will tear us apart at night. We have to take a risk if we want a live."

"The reinforcements will definitely arrive! There's no doubt about it!" replied Alex, seemingly angered by Kian's words. He pointed to the command post's door with a stern expression. "Now, go out and rest; prepare for the next battle. I won't say it a second time!"

"But..." He couldn't continue what is he saying because someone interrupted him

"I think this plan can work, Colonel Alex!" the beautiful spy said, admiringly looking at Kian. "He's right; we have to give it a try!"

Kian was surprised to see the spy and stared at her in disbelief. Her appearance and support seemed too good to be true.

7