Chapter 11: Training
252 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After three days of confinement, Kian was finally released and returned to his dormitory. During his confinement, he mainly ate, slept, and did push-ups to pass the time. He even pushed himself to do push-ups continuously for up to 17-18 hours, though he nearly couldn't get up afterward. Through this, he discovered his physical limits.

When he returned to his dormitory, his bed was unchanged, as everyone was afraid to take it after seeing the face who wanted to take it, a large man with a bruised face.

When Kian entered the door, the room fell silent as everyone's attention turned to him. Some people feared him, some were solemn, and others mocked him.

However, Kian ignored anyone and walked slowly to his bed. People automatically made way for him as he passed by. After tidying his bed, he lay down on it without saying a word.

The bed in the solitary confinement room was not as comfortable as the one in his dormitory. However, Kian didn't have time to enjoy it because the whistle for the assembly blew soon after he lay down. He had to get up, put on his gear, and go to the training ground with the rest of the group.

They gathered at the training ground and started a five-kilometer cross-country run at the commander's order without any extra weight. The military training in this era was not as brutal as Kian had thought or seen in movies and TV shows.

Kian had thought that even the famous Strategic Science Corps would have a similarly intense training program. Therefore, when he heard about the five-kilometer cross-country run without extra weight, he was a little surprised but followed the group and started running.

During the run, Kian came to a realization. The Strategic Science Corps, in particular, prioritized research and development to combat the high-tech enemy forces of Hydra.

Kian also suspected that they were the test subjects for Dr. Erskine's super soldier program, which would explain the relatively soft training intensity.

However, after completing the five-kilometer run easily, Kian stood out among the others who were gasping for breath and even collapsing.

Colonel Phillips observed the new recruits' performance and praised Kian as a "talented individual." He then asked the Doctor next to him, who was dressed in a suit and had a refined air, for his opinion. The Doctor hesitated and said that further observation was needed.

"Sometimes I just don't understand you, Doctor. You've been picking experiment subjects for months, and we've already gone through several batches of new recruits!"

Phillip looked at the old man with confusion. "You know the Committee values the Super Soldier program highly. If you keep wasting time like this, they'll be mad."

"I don't care about that. I only care about selecting the subjects that satisfy me," the old man replied

"Okay, Doctor, if you insist."

Phillip sighed helplessly. "I just hope you can decide quickly. The war can change in an instant, and the Hydra could attack us tomorrow."

"I'll do my best."

Phillip left first, as he had many other things to take care of.

The old man remained still, looking at Kian with an inexplicable expression. After a moment, he turned and left.

Kian was unaware of the discussion about him, and even if he knew, he wouldn't care too much.

In the blink of an eye, two months had passed.

During these two months, in addition to the previous month, Kian had a total of three salvage opportunities, but to his disappointment, he did not find anything remarkable.

The best things he found were a fresh beef sandwich and a plate of Tokyo-style hot pot. While they were useful in temporarily filling his physical and mental needs, it would have been better if he had access to a DVD player in this era.

But the third item was something unique compared to the first two items. It was a samurai sword, black with a matte color.

Kian tested the sharpness of the sword on a tree with a diameter of twenty centimeters, and it was impressive.

Apart from the sword, during his two months stay, Kian had become quite famous in the Strategic Science Corps, breaking several training records and becoming the record holder for most of them.

Colonel Phillip had recommended him to become an experimental subject for the Super Soldier Program, but only a few people agreed.

One day, Kian was summoned to Colonel Philip's office during training. As soon as he entered the room before he could even speak, Philip threw a file at him, looking extremely unhappy.

"Take a look at it yourself."

He eagerly opened the file. Ten seconds later, he looked up at Philip and asked, "They want me to be a bodyguard? Who do they want me to protect?"

"Our main weapon developer, the founder of Stark Industries, Howard Stark!"

6