Chapter 36: Arnim Zola
213 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three months later

Although three months have passed since the last arrest operation, things have not completely passed.

The committee was very angry. They felt that not only did Jack not bring back the person, but he also did not bring back any research and development materials, which was a serious desertion of duty!

That wasn't a big deal, as the people at the scene at the time knew what happened, and Colonel Phillip could handle it.

But the problem was that the Russians also appeared on the problem.

This matter could not be hidden at all. The committee found out with a little investigation.

And then, someone made a big deal out of this matter. You should know that at this time, the relationship between the two countries had already worsened. At the conference, someone even accused Jack of being a traitor.

Although Jack had an impressive military achievement and was backed up by Colonel Philip and Howard, the committee was still angry that he didn't bring back any research material with him after the mission.

However, just yesterday, the committee ordered Jack to be recalled and kept under close watch after this last mission is over, forbidding him from returning to the front lines.

Although Colonel Philip was angry, he had no choice but to accept this as the best possible outcome he could fight for. Even the members of the Howling Commandos, who pity Jack, were powerless to do anything. After all, even Steve, in the eyes of the committee, was just an ordinary soldier.

As the end of the year approached, heavy snow fell on the steep mountains, and a railway snaked through the mountains. On one side of the railway were towering cliffs, and on the other side was a deep abyss.

A rope was fixed to the cliff, extending to a mountain top on the opposite side. The Howling Commando team was lurking here.

"You really shouldn't go back, Jack!"

Steve looked at the heavy snowfall and said with a dissatisfied tone, "Those people are really messing things up. Without you, we've lost half of our combat power."

"Okay, Steve, we've already discussed this issue. Don't forget that you're a super soldier," said Jack, waving his hand to stop Steve from continuing.

"Orders are difficult to disobey, and going back is actually better. I haven't had a good night's sleep in a while. I also want to go to Coney Island, where there should be plenty of pretty girls!" Jack added.

"Well, taking a break and checking out pretty girls isn't a bad idea," Steve agreed.

Bucky, who had been holding a telescope, put it down and exclaimed, "I miss Coney Island's hot dogs and ice cream!"

"I'll eat extra for you, including your piece!" Jack joked.

"Get lost!" Bucky replied.

Just then, a team member monitoring the radio spoke up, "Hey guys, we haven't made a mistake. Dr. Zola is in that car, and the Hydra dispatcher allowed him to open the throttle. No matter where he's going, they must really need him!"

"Let's start the operation, everyone. They're moving so fast that they're about to take off!"

A train quickly approaches from the distance and arrives at the bottom of the mountain where Jack and his team are located.

The team begins their operation, with Jack, Steve, and Bucky sliding down on a rope at just the right moment to land on the train.

The train is moving quickly, and the freezing wind blows in their faces. Even Jack nearly gets blown off, and Bucky is even worse off. If it weren't for Steve's quick reflexes, he would have been thrown off the train.

The three of them regroup, with Steve heading to the front of the train to capture Zola while Jack and Bucky make their way down to the carriage to deal with the soldiers.

As they enter the train car, Jack musters all his courage. This is the same train car where Bucky fell off a cliff and became the Winter Soldier. Now that he's here, some things just can't happen again.

He had initially planned to leave Bucky behind, but this mission was too important, and only the three of them in the Howling Commandos could handle it.

The train was empty, containing only some equipment and weapons but no ammunition.

Jack's perception was beyond human, and with Hawkeye's vision, he could easily detect many hidden enemies. In his field of view, he discovered several Hydra soldiers waiting in ambush in the next wagon.

He signaled Bucky to stay quiet and walked to the door. The door opened automatically, but he didn't step inside. Instead, he reached for a long flashbang from his waist, pulled out the pin, and threw it in.

The Hydra soldiers on the other side were obviously caught off guard and stunned by the sudden flashbang attack. They hadn't regained their senses when the grenade exploded, unleashing a burst of bright white light piercing their vision.

"Ahh!!!"

The sudden turn of events left the Hydra soldiers incapacitated, twitching on the ground in pain.

Taking advantage of the situation, Jack and Bucky rushed in to replenish their ammunition, narrowly escaping unharmed.

"Is this Stark's new weapon?"

Bucky looked at the Hydra soldiers on the ground, his face still showing the lingering shock of the encounter. "It's really cruel."

He had been temporarily blinded by the flash of white light from the previous explosion, even though he was one train away.

"It was just a flashbang that was already merciful. You haven't seen anything more brutal yet."

"Well, I really want to see that. By the way, how did you know about this place...?"

"Be careful!"

Bucky was about to ask how Jack knew there were people there, but the latter's face changed slightly. He pushed Bucky aside and aimed his gun at the other end of the carriage, firing a burst of shots.

"Ah!"

Jack hit a Hydra soldier wearing heavy armor and holding a Tesseract's energy weapon head-on as soon as he poked his head out from the door.

"Phew, that was close!"

Bucky crawled out from behind the cover, breathing a sigh of relief.

Jack frowned, looking serious. He had a momentary lapse earlier and wasn't sure why, but he felt like something had happened.

"Jack, are you okay?" Seeing Jack lost in thought, Bucky couldn't help but pat him. "I'm fine. Let's go!"

After regaining their composure, Jack and Bucky continued their journey.

The rest of the journey was not without excitement, the train was not heavily guarded, and the previous fight had taken care of most soldiers. They did encounter small fries that Bucky could easily handle without Jack's help.

Suddenly, the train shook and began to slow down. Jack knew that Steve had succeeded.

When they reached the front of the train and entered the driver's cabin, they found that Steve had already caught Dr. Zola.

Mission accomplished.

However, things were clearly not going to end so easily!

...

If we reach 120 stones today i will release next chapter which is power up

6