Chapter 4 Something wrong
117 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Remy returned to the village with a mix of emotions inside him. That confrontation with the man had awakened something in him that he couldn't fully explain. The taste of victory and superiority he felt from defeating the man was mixed with a strange satisfaction at having killed him, but also with a hint of guilt and discomfort. He couldn't understand why he felt that way.

As he walked through the village, he saw the woman who had spoken before, still gazing at her reflection in the water. He approached her cautiously and noticed that she was deeply absorbed in her own thoughts.

"Hi," he said softly, getting her attention.

The woman looked at Remy with an air of superiority, smiling slightly as she realized he had approached her. "Came to admire the beauty of this humble village girl?" she teased, implying that many came to admire her.

However, Remy wasn't fazed by her provocations. He was more concerned about his situation and the possibility of leaving that village. He ignored her comment about paying to admire her and directed his main question: "Is there a way to leave this village?"

The woman didn't respond immediately. Instead, she continued to gaze at her own reflection in the water, as if completely absorbed in her own beauty. Remy began to feel ignored and considered leaving, but before he could go, she finally spoke, still fixated on her reflection.

"Why do you want to leave?" she asked casually, as if there were no reason for anyone to want to leave that place. "Here, you can find everything you need. The wonders of this place are unmatched."

Remy frowned, not understanding her resistance to help him. He tried to explain that he had his own reasons for leaving, that there was something inside him driving him forward, but the woman continued to stare at her reflection, oblivious to what he was saying.

"It's a waste of time," Remy said, shaking his head. He didn't want to spend another moment near this woman; he would have to find a way to leave the village on his own.

"I don't really understand," the woman said. "Why would you want to leave here? To go to that boring place? From what I can see, it's dull." She took her eyes off her reflection in the water and looked at the golden clouds, seemingly uninterested in returning there.

"Boring? Why is it boring? To me, this place seems full of proud and arrogant people," Remy said sincerely as he watched the woman let out a laugh. "Funny to hear you say that, considering you're here too. You don't seem like a humble and modest person either," the woman said, looking back at her reflection.

Remy didn't know what to say, so he remained silent. 'If you're here, then you have the same characteristics as everyone here, pretending to be innocent won't take you to the golden city,' the woman said. She didn't care about Remy and continued looking at her face, wondering why she was so beautiful.

"Tell me, am I not beautiful?" The woman asked. Remy was surprised but didn't answer. He was absorbing the information she conveyed: 'golden city...' Remy thought, curious. He remembers the sign that spoke about repentance; now he knows what he will have to repent for.

"Do you think you're beautiful? If so, then you are," Remy replied, curious. "Now tell me about this golden city."

The woman answered, "It's a boring place, where I can't be proud or admire my fantastic beauty. What's the point of such a place? I couldn't make anyone fall in love with me because of my beauty. And why was I expelled from the golden city?" She began to get angry and wondered if she wasn't beautiful enough to stay there.

"This cursed place! Just because I was the most beautiful, only because of that. Just because I cared more about my beautiful skin than about people, they expelled me. They don't understand that my beauty is more important?"

The woman shouted in anger and stomped her foot on the ground. Remy felt uncomfortable as he looked at the angry woman, realizing that she wasn't the best person.

Remy noticed that the woman was deeply attached to her own beauty, and that aspect seemed to be the main reason for her wanting to return to the golden city. He also noticed that the woman didn't care about the people around her, caring only about the admiration her beauty attracted.

The idea of a golden city still remained mysterious to Remy, and he felt there was more to discover. However, he didn't want to stay near the selfish and arrogant woman any longer. He was determined to move forward and find answers to his own questions and reasons for leaving that village.

Without saying another word, Remy turned around and headed toward the village exit. He knew he needed to face the challenges and uncertainties that lay ahead, but he also had hope of finding a place where his choices and purposes would be valued.

As he walked into the unknown, Remy realized that even though he didn't fully understand the woman's situation or the mysteries of the golden city, he was making the right decision for himself. He was following his own path, unaffected by people who valued nothing more than superficial appearances.

"I'll think that I will regret it, but I don't have to be afraid; no one here can hurt me, not even a finger." Remy said confidently. He knows that no one in this village can harm him; how could they? They never will!

"Sure, what should I regret? I regret from the bottom of my heart that I couldn't protect Jeanne, but even so, it didn't work out. Do I have to regret that? I have nothing else to regret other than that, no more mistakes have I made." Remy says. He only has that regret for not being able to save Jeanne, just that, otherwise he has no regrets. He doesn't realize that he sees himself as someone without flaws.

"Man, I don't see how to get out of here. Should I leave, destroying everything? Maybe it'll work, but..." Remy looked at the village, but he didn't feel anything at the thought of leaving everything destroyed. To him, it would just be destroying proud insects that need nothing but to suffer at the hands of someone better than them. Remy tightly gripped his spear.

"I can force them to tell me what I want, they have to listen to me, right? I'm better." Remy says, not realizing what he's saying, and with a determined look, he walks into the village.

----------------------

38 advanced chapters on my Patreon: patreon.com/Louisdg

8