Chapter 5 Affected
145 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rémy arrived at the village and, with an air of superiority, approached two gentlemen who were playing some game against each other. "Listen closely, insignificant ones. I want to know how I can get out of this mediocre place," Rémy said, being blunt and direct, demonstrating his arrogance. The gentlemen who were playing stopped and gave disapproving looks to the individual who was being so rude to them. They were not at all pleased with Rémy's presumptuous attitude.

"Listen well, you insignificant little worm! Who do you think you are to challenge someone like me? God? Hahahahah, I can barely contain my amusement at seeing you try to assert yourself against me. Go try to mess with someone else, for here you are just a shadow, a mere worthless creature," the old man said with arrogance and sarcasm, mocking Rémy.

The old man couldn't shake Rémy's confidence, as he remained determined in his actions. He placed his spear at the old man's neck without hesitation, seeing it as a natural behavior, as if it were the only way to act in such a situation. To him, such an attitude was necessary to assert himself and face the challenges presented. Rémy's ignorance blinded him to the harm in his actions, seeing them merely as a suitable way to respond to the environment he was in.

"You better think carefully about your words, or your head might end up rolling off your body," Rémy growled, giving the old man a threatening look. The old man felt fear running down his spine, but his pride spoke louder. Despite being threatened, he responded with poorly disguised arrogance, "Do whatever you want, I bet the saints will come for you the moment you dare to touch any of the villagers."

"Saints? I think they're on their way then," Rémy replied. He remembered the guy he had killed, but he was almost forgetting about him; it didn't matter. Rémy brought his spear closer to the old man's neck, causing a little blood to trickle as it made contact.

"You still haven't answered my question. How do I get out of here?" Rémy asked again. Soon, he heard a bell ringing from the chapel in the middle of the village, indicating that someone was being called.

"Please, can you release this poor man?" A calm, serene, yet firm and masculine voice sounded. Rémy looked back and saw a man with long brown hair, wearing a copper-colored armor. He carried a dragon's head made of some material on his shoulder. "Hm. So this village is under the control of a servant? Who is it this time? Some alien god?" Rémy asked, wanting to know who this person was to destroy them and show his strength.

"I ask that you restrain your blasphemous words and stop hurting the people of this village," the man said understandingly. He looked at Rémy, noticing the red hair and the spear in his hands, which seemed familiar to him. "Why would I do that? You don't command me. If you want me to obey, prove that you deserve it," Rémy challenged, holding the spear in any way, without caring about the man before him.

"I see that your magic is so powerful, Master, that even a servant like the Crimson Demon can be influenced," the man thought, understanding the reason behind Rémy's unpleasant personality. He drew his sword, knowing that he might not win, but he couldn't allow this threat, especially because of his master's magic. "You chose to fight? Very well, I was getting bored after the previous fight," Rémy said, not worried about the attack that would come his way, confident that he wouldn't be hurt.

"Repent for your arrogance and excessive self-confidence. As long as you hold that spear, you believe that no one can harm you. Is it really so? Want to get out of here? Then repent, and you can leave," the man said, advancing toward Rémy with a simple attack, hitting him in the chest. Rémy's spear glowed a little, and the man realized he had caused no significant damage.

"Repent? I've already repented, but nothing happened. And why should I repent for my arrogance? I only acknowledge that I'm stronger than you. Accusing me of arrogance is nothing but true arrogance on your part, thinking that I'm arrogant," Rémy retorted, irritated. To him, his self-confidence was a result of his real power, not arrogance.

"Your arrogance prevents you from seeing your flaws, and this village only reinforces that. I can't take you out of here unless you fight and realize your sins," the man said sincerely, trying to help, as someone would be very happy to see him like this. "Shut up," Rémy commented, putting the spear on his back. He looked at his hands and said, "Since you accuse me of arrogance, I'll drop my spear. I'll use only my hands to destroy you. Get ready to endure punches, Saint George."

Georgios was surprised, as he didn't expect Rémy to know who he was. "Please, Sir Rémy, let's fight somewhere else. I don't want to hurt anyone with our meaningless fight," Georgios pleaded, sheathing his sword and hoping that Rémy would accept his request.

"Why did you sheathe your sword? Are you underestimating me?" Rémy said, annoyed. He felt that Georgios was belittling his strength, which didn't sit well with him at all.

"I will put away my sword when you come with me. We will fight in a place where no one but us is present. Please, follow me," Georgios insisted, turning and walking out of the village, confident that Rémy's pride wouldn't allow an attack from behind, especially now that he was in that village.

Rémy didn't want to go, but how could he let this guy challenging him go without paying? Rémy wanted to teach Saint George a lesson. It was highly likely that this servant knew how to leave this place, as he had entered with great ease, as if he had control over the place.

-------------------------------

38 advanced chapters on my Patreon: patreon.com/Louisdg

10