Chapter 8 I’ll win
110 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I sense that both will face each other, and thus, we won't need to get involved in a battle," murmurs Martha beside Georgios. She holds onto the hope that Rémy and Jeanne will confront each other, sparing her from directly facing Rémy. Even though she's unsure if she would come out victorious, she's determined to do everything to avoid an unfavorable confrontation.

Georgios can't contain a comment as he watches the two argue heatedly, "It seems they are indeed about to confront each other."

Rémy, excited, doesn't hold back his words, "Are you ready to be humiliated by me? I hope you are, because that's exactly what's going to happen!" His challenging gaze is evident, though he hasn't yet drawn the spear attached to his back.

Rémy's words bring unpleasant memories to Jeanne, making her respond with irritation, "Your words remind me of an unpleasant moment from the past. I won't hesitate to defeat you and step on your face in response to this insolence." Her voice overflows with determination and anger, revealing the past wound that still afflicts her.

"You don't need to worry about that, as I will do much worse, but you should be grateful because it will be me who crushes you," Rémy said. "This time, I won't lose; I will show you how you never stood a chance against me in this version. But deep down in my mind, even in the other version where I lost to you, I'm still certain I would have won if I had wanted to."

"You must be quite full of yourself just because you changed classes, but let me tell you right away that this class won't be of any use against me!" Jeanne Alter said, running towards Rémy and immediately unleashing her flames.

"I don't need to be full of myself; I'm strong enough to have the confidence that you won't defeat me. That's why I'll face you with only my fists!" Rémy said, running at incredible speed towards Jeanne Alter. He passed through the flames like lightning, without being harmed by any of them. He chose not to attack her from behind, as he considered that cowardly.

Jeanne Alter placed her banner in front of her face, protecting herself from Rémy's punch, which was powerful enough to send her flying backward.

"What's going on here? Who is he? I don't remember encountering any servant like him before. But something about him feels familiar; I must see his face," thought Artoria Alter, observing everything in confusion. "I thought you would resist my blow effortlessly, but I see you didn't. I'm disappointed; this doesn't bode well for you," Rémy spoke with disappointment in his tone. "If that's the case, take one of my attacks head-on, because you went through the flames instead of letting them hit you. Are you afraid?" Jeanne Alter taunted.

"Afraid? Your flames aren't worthy of touching my body; that's why I didn't let them, even though they burned many people. It would be an insult to myself," replied Rémy, attempting to punch Jeanne Alter's face, but she dodged. Her hair lifted as she crouched, and Remy grabbed it tightly, saying, "This reminds me of some things. Well, let's see if you can fly."

"Not this time!" Jeanne Alter yelled, her voice echoing with fury and determination. With a serious expression and eyes sparkling with intent, she boldly advanced towards her opponent. Gripping her banner tightly, Jeanne quickly cut her own hair, freeing herself from Remy's grasp.

A groan of pain escaped Remy's lips as he felt Jeanne Alter's hair slip from his hands. With a furious look, he instinctively reacted, grabbing the air where her hair was before. But instead of finding Jeanne Alter, all he received was a powerful and relentless headbutt.

The impact was tremendous, causing Remy to stagger backward, his eyes widening in surprise and pain. Jeanne Alter, triumphant, smiled with satisfaction and openly challenged him. Her face was flushed with the heat of battle, her features expressing unwavering confidence bordering on audacity.

"Great, I got him!" Jeanne exclaimed, her voice echoing with triumph. "I want to see the surprise on your face since you seemed so confident and arrogant before. But now, in the scorching heat of this battle, you're nothing more than a mere fool before me!" Her voice resounded with a mix of mockery and confidence, daring Remy to recover and try again.

"Where did this sudden confidence come from? I want to know," Remy exclaimed, his expression serious and intense, making it clear he wouldn't wait for an answer from Jeanne Alter. Before she could react, Remy launched a series of powerful punches at her, moving with surprising agility.

However, the confrontation was abruptly interrupted by a female voice echoing through the tense atmosphere. "Excalibur Morgan!" The voice resounded with a mix of authority and determination, and Remy instinctively reacted with sharp reflexes, diving to the side and grabbing the lance resting on his back.

A dazzling light filled the air as the Noble Phantasm strike of Artoria Alter, the legendary warrior, hit Remy head-on. The impact was overwhelming, sending him flying backward with tremendous force.

"Well, someone joined the fight," sneered Remy, his gaze now fixed on the newcomer. "King Arthur, consider yourself honored to fight against me, even if you're not the opponent I would consider ideal." A subtle smile played on his lips, revealing a mixture of challenge and disdain. However, confusion quickly took over his face.

Remy felt like he had something to tell her, but he couldn't remember what it was as he tried to recall it, but his efforts were in vain. No matter how hard he tried, his memories seemed to slip through his fingers, escaping his grasp.

With evident frustration, Remy finally decided to set aside the attempt to remember. It was as if something important was on the tip of his mind, but remained inaccessible. Shaking his head slightly, he refocused on the current situation, leaving behind the fleeting memories that faded amidst the chaos of the battle.

---------------

38 advanced chapters on my Patreon: patreon.com/Louisdg

6