Chapter 11 Even if it was…
110 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The darkness of the night had already enveloped the scene, and the hope of finding anything in sight seemed increasingly distant. The landscape was desolate, nothing but a wasteland stretching ahead. Rémy, walking with Jeanne Alter and Artoria Alter, was frustrated with the lack of progress, even after hours of walking.

"Look at this! We are stuck in this endless place!" exclaimed Jeanne Alter, showing her irritation as she angrily kicked a stone, making the poor rock a victim of her accumulated anger and frustration. "This cursed land seems to have no future," she lamented with a tone of discouragement.

Artoria Alter, always the most thoughtful of the group, tried to find some reason to maintain hope: "Knowing that we are not stuck in a loop is a start," she said, observing the landscape cautiously.

"Great start, I'm almost bursting with joy," Jeanne Alter replied sarcastically, demonstrating her discouragement and skepticism about the situation.

Rémy, trying to refocus the group, proposed to go back to the original plan: "Let's try what we were thinking before, since apparently this place has no end."

"Great, I can't wait to throw it up with all my might!" exclaimed Jeanne Alter, showing her enthusiasm to carry out the task.

Artoria Alter approached Rémy, crouching to be at the same height as the two. With determination, Jeanne Alter held a part of her clothing, while Artoria Alter held the other. The preparation was complete, and Rémy showed readiness for what was to come.

"I'm ready," said Rémy, with courage and determination, even in the face of challenging circumstances surrounding them.

"It's good that you're excited because you're going to fly high now!" Jeanne Alter shouted, excited. She and Artoria Alter exerted force to launch Rémy. "Wait! The sky is opening up!" Rémy exclaimed, surprised, looking at the golden clouds opening up in the sky.

As the warrior duo, Jeanne Alter and Artoria Alter, propelled Rémy to the skies with a powerful combined strike, they could hardly imagine the stunning surprise that awaited them. The heavy clouds that had been coloring the firmament with dense shadows began to disperse, as if a cosmic artist decided to reveal their masterpiece. Gradually, a celestial spectacle unfolded before the astonished eyes of the fighters.

A golden dawn, sculpted with divine hues, emerged majestically on the horizon. Rays of soft and magical light poured over the desolate landscape, caressing every inch of the devastated land. The once dormant colors revived with vigor, painting the previously gloomy scenery with a rainbow of vibrant and resplendent shades.

Artoria Alter couldn't contain her exclamation of admiration, her eyes filled with wonder at the magnificence of the celestial display. It was a transcendental beauty, capable of inspiring poetry in souls hardened by battle.

Jeanne Alter, though also fascinated by the incomparable beauty, couldn't help but nurture a seed of suspicion in her heart. This exuberance didn't seem like a mere coincidence. Her eyebrows furrowed in a gesture of caution, as her sharp mind sought answers to what she witnessed.

"This can't be just a coincidence, can it?" Jeanne Alter inquired, revealing her suspicions. "What's behind this? Is there some idiot controlling all of this?"

Artoria Alter, still fascinated, lowered her gaze for a moment and calmly replied, "It's impossible to deny that this display is divine, but we cannot dismiss the possibility that something more is at play here."

As the golden dawn continued to radiate its celestial luminosity, the group felt the energy around them transform, almost as if nature itself were reacting to the event. It was evident that the atmosphere around them had shifted, foreshadowing an imminent denouement of epic proportions.

"So beautiful..." Remy murmured ecstatically, suspended in the air as if floating in a dream. His eyes were fixed on the majestically unfolding clouds, revealing an incomparable celestial spectacle. Each cloud seemed tinged with radiant gold, as divine light spread across the entire sky.

A mysterious figure emerged from one of the golden clouds, gliding with a supernatural aura. Before Remy could comprehend what was happening, an intense wave of emotion washed over him, leaving him breathless, and he fainted in the air, as if intoxicated by the beauty and power he witnessed.

"What is that? What a bright and spectacular thing! It's approaching Remy! Let's go, throw me up!" Jeanne Alter exclaimed, attentive to the figure nearing Remy. Her concern for him compelled her to act, ignoring any imminent danger. Artoria Alter held Jeanne Alter firmly and, with incredible strength, launched her toward Remy.

"Go on! I have to get there in time! This fool hasn't beaten me yet. I won't let him be taken like this!" Jeanne Alter thought, advancing courageously toward the radiant figure. The blinding brilliance of the sunlight didn't stop her as she rapidly closed the distance. However, just as she was about to reach Remy, the figure disappeared before her eyes, taking him along.

"No! You bastard! I'm not done with you yet!" Jeanne Alter shouted angrily at the sky, her voice echoing with indignation. Realizing the imminent fall, she prepared for impact with the ground, ready to endure any pain.

At the last moment, as the ground approached rapidly, Artoria Alter, who had been pursuing Jeanne Alter, gracefully leaped and caught her in her arms, preventing her from getting hurt. "You owe me one for this, you know?" Artoria Alter commented with a hint of humor, setting Jeanne Alter down on the ground.

"Okay. I hope you're alive because it's me who will defeat you again." Jeanne Alter retorted, glaring fiercely at the sky, determined to unravel the mystery behind the celestial figure that took Remy away.

"We have to find a way to get there," Jeanne Alter whispered to Artoria Alter as she rose with a mix of determination and fatigue, her expression reflecting her resolve. Her serious expression demonstrated the urgency of the situation.

"Is he that important to you? From what I see, you don't like him much, and it seems like you two have some disagreements," Artoria Alter commented, carefully observing Jeanne Alter's defensive posture and the signs of tension she couldn't conceal.

Jeanne Alter's gaze turned icy, an internal flame burning behind her crimson eyes. "It's none of your business. I'm just asking if you're going to help me or not. If you don't want to, that's fine," she said, her voice betraying the contained irritation in the face of invasive inquiries.

"Why should I? You're not my daughter... Even if you were..." Artoria Alter began to say but her words lost strength halfway through, as if she stopped to reconsider what she was about to say. Her expression softened for a moment, a mixture of regret and empathy passing through her eyes.

-------------------

38 advanced chapters on my Patreon: patreon.com/Louisdg

6