Chapter 14 Blood Sea
161 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The land stretched out in front of the two solitary figures, revealing a barren and desolate landscape. Jeanne Alter and Artoria Alter, amidst the inhospitable scenery, shared the loneliness and discontentment of their situation.

The scorching heat of the sun, relentless in its intensity, weighed upon their shoulders as they walked through the emptiness. Jeanne Alter's words expressed her frustration in a tone laden with irritation and impatience: "Ahhhh! What a boring place! Will this ever end? I'm getting bored. Maybe he's already dead..."

Artoria Alter, by her side, couldn't contain the anger in her response: "Can you please shut up for a minute? You've been complaining for hours. If he's dead, there's nothing we can do. But I believe he's not, so stop whining." Her steps were resolute, as if she hoped determination would bring some hope in the midst of the desert.

"He's not crazy enough to die. If he dares to do that, I'll summon him just to kill him," Jeanne Alter exclaimed, revealing the intensity of her emotions and her connection to the subject in question.

Still moving forward, Artoria Alter pointed to a distant green spot, interrupting her companion's torrent of complaints: "Look there. Stop talking and observe." Hope flickered in her eyes, nourishing the possibility of finding something that could change the course of their arduous journey.

Jeanne Alter followed Artoria's gesture and examined the indicated spot: "It looks like we found another village; it's quite possible that it has the curse." The tone of her voice carried a mix of apprehension and interest, as if a chance to unravel the mystery awaited them.

"Yes, it's possible it has. So be prepared to have your personality or thoughts changed because of it," Artoria Alter warned, displaying keen sagacity. Her steps continued firm and determined towards the promising place.

Jeanne Alter, always candid and straightforward, didn't miss the opportunity to challenge her companion: "You should prepare yourself too. Stop thinking you're flawless." The observation pointed to her unwavering confidence but also revealed an inner restlessness.

They walked together until they reached the village, the green grass under their feet bringing a brief relief from the arid ground. Artoria Alter asked with confusion, "Nothing? Are you feeling anything?" Her expression showed hope about to be tested.

Jeanne Alter, in turn, realized that the curse apparently didn't affect them: "No. It seems there's nothing here. And if there is, it's not affecting us. So we have nothing in common with this curse. That's good; I don't want to change because of some nonsense." Her words carried a mix of relief and disdain, revealing her desire to keep her identity and personality unchanged.

Unconcerned, Jeanne Alter advanced ahead, resuming the journey with firmness and determination. The landscape remained relentless, but now, perhaps for a moment, they found a pause in desolation, united by adversity and hope amidst the dry and deserted land.

"It's calm, isn't it? There's no one here. Strange, isn't it?" Artoria Alter spoke.

"Yes, look, there's food here," Jeanne Alter said with surprise, her piercing eyes finding the succulent delicacies adorning the table.

"Food?" Artoria Alter commented, an intense golden gleam reflecting in her pale golden eyes, as if about to discover a long-lost treasure. Her small mouth couldn't contain the salivation that instantly emerged.

Artoria's cheeks swelled as she chewed the dumplings with ecstatic pleasure. The impressive amount of food in front of her made her feel as if she were in a true gastronomic paradise. Her excitement was so great that she couldn't even chew properly, swallowing everything she could.

Jeanne Alter shook her head with a smile, observing the voracity with which Artoria devoured the food. "Here we go. I don't know how this little body can handle so much food. I'll see if she won't eat it all... or eat, it doesn't matter," she commented, amused by the situation.

Still full cheeks, Artoria thought about how the food could be so incredibly delicious. The taste invaded her senses in an indescribable way, leading her to a culinary delight like no other. "So good. How can this be so good? Very tasty. There's still a lot on top," she reflected, ecstatic.

As Artoria indulged in the pleasures of the table, Jeanne Alter murmured with a touch of concern: "What a downfall. I wonder what your people and your knights would think or thought of you. Because I, who am not from your people, have already felt bothered by your gluttony, imagine your people."

She moved away from the table where Artoria was delighting herself and walked to explore the other tables that were farther away. "There's so much food here. Suspicious. Very suspicious. But that woman thinks more with her stomach than her head in these situations," Jeanne Alter muttered to herself. She was intrigued by the abundance of food with no one around to enjoy it. "So much food. But where's the population? Why is there so much food if no one is going to eat it? Something's wrong. I can only find out by exploring."

Jeanne Alter continued to advance through the scenery, her steps firm and determined. As she looked up at the grass, she came across a shocking scene: blood stains splattered the green vegetation.

"That's strange," she murmured, allowing a touch of humor to infiltrate her voice, "or maybe it's not so strange. It's quite possible that it's part of their culture here, a unique and eccentric way of celebrating or remembering the dead," Jeanne Alter joked, letting her mind wander with possibilities.

As she advanced, she noticed that each step left its mark on the bloodstained ground. Her thoughts ran freely, and she wondered, "I wonder if this blood comes from those who ate too much and ended up exploding from overeating, forming this 'sea of blood'," curious, she amused herself with her own imagination.

Suddenly, a feminine voice, filled with pleasure, echoed through the surroundings, interrupting her musings. Curiosity prompted Jeanne Alter to follow the direction of the mysterious voice. Among the bloodied bodies, a figure emerged, partly covered in the scarlet liquid that bathed the area.

"I recognize that voice," Jeanne Alter whispered, frowning in confusion as she approached cautiously. There she was, the source of that disturbing excitement: Carmilla, surrounded by an enigmatic and bloodthirsty aura.

"My beauty is more radiant," proclaimed Carmilla, her yellow eyes gleaming with almost insane pleasure, "but it's not enough; I need more, much more. This isn't sufficient. What a wonderful thirst! I never tire of it; it's so pleasant and marvelous," she expressed, surrendering to her dark nature with utter devotion.

8