5: System Awakening
501 12 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Amon left the bathroom and grabbed his schoolbag which looked more like a suitcase than anything before leaving his room and heading downstairs.

"Morning Emiko, mom, and dad have already left for work?" Amon asked after seeing his older sister who was struggling to put on her shoes.

Emiko was now almost 20 years old and she could drive to and from college, she only decided to stay home instead of being in a dorm to lower the amount of money she would have to pay back to the college after finishing her studies.

Luckily after moving to this new neighborhood, her college was still a good distance away from home and she could easily drive there and back every day.

"yea, your sandwich is on the countertop, grab it and let's go I'll drop you off," Emiko said before she stood up.

In so many years, the cute little girl that Amon once knew had grown up to be a tall and beautiful woman, even so, Amon felt nothing but pure familial love for her due to them growing up together for so many years.

He wasn't an incest-crazed pervert who would think about having thoughts on his own family, that was something he would never do no matter the situation. 

"Gotcha" Amon said before grabbing the sandwich from the plate which was on the living room table while glancing at the white ball of a dog that was curled up comfortably in the corner on a small dog cousin.

"I'm leaving little guy" Amon gently caressed the dog's fur for a couple of seconds before heading out of the door behind Emiko. 

-----

As Amon watched Emiko walk towards her black car, he calmly closed the door behind him and made sure to lock it with his key.

But it was at this moment that a sudden holographic screen appeared in front of him.

[Ding!

The system completed downloading, all functions have been installed, Welcome to the shadow monarch system in dxd] 

Amon flinched unconsciously as he saw and heard the familiar words which he hadn't seen or heard in so long.

"The system?, oh shit I almost forgot," Amon thought as he felt his heart pace, due to him enjoying his new life, he forgot that the system was even still loading, of course, he would occasionally remember, but he would then forget again.

After all, it's been almost 18 years, 18 fucking good years.

"finally done huh" Amon didn't know how to feel at this moment, but he knew that deep inside he was excited and filled with expectations.

A shadow monarch?

What was a shadow monarch? 

This was the power that sung Jin woo used to become a god that transcended space and time in his universe, so powerful that other divine beings were fearful of his power. 

Amon's thinking was interrupted immediately as a soft voice entered his ears. 

"Bro, Hurry up before I leave you there" Emiko who was sitting inside the driver's seat of her car rolled down the windows before glaring at him impatiently.

"I'm coming, chill," Amon said with a wryly smile after noticing that he had zoned out due to the appearance of the system.

He calmly made his way toward her car before entering the passenger seat.

"System, what functions do you have? " Amon kept his eyes on the holographic screen and tried to look as unsuspicious as possible, as a criminal mastermind he was very good at hiding his true emotions, it was a skill that was well needed when engaging with people who did the things he did.

[Ding!

The Shadow Monarch system had installed these functions.

[Stats]

[Inventory]

[Shop]

[DXD Pocket-world]

Further updates will be needed in the future for more functions] 

The system's mechanical voice sounded off in Amon's head as Emiko reversed out of the driveway and drove through the residential area of their neighborhood.

"Damn, can you give me an explanation of each function?" Amon asked in his mind, he could understand what the first three functions meant, obviously, but the last one threw him off on so many levels.

[Ding! (Saying the name of the function will open its interface)

[Status]: Shows the level, title, stats, and basic information of the host.

[Inventory]: An unlimited space of inventory, with but a simple thought, items can be placed inside or retrieved.

[Shop]: weapons, armor, accessories, food, etc. can be bought from the system shop using system coins (Gained from killing mobs in the DXD Pocket-World)

[DXD Pocket-World: A separate dimension filled with beings inspired by the world of DXD, due to the host's power of the shadow monarch, this function was created so the host could safely increase his strength and gain shadow soldiers] 

A long lengthy screen appeared in Infront of Amon, he silently read through it a few times before saying anything else.

"So that's what it is," Amon thought inwardly.

He now had a basic idea of what the Pocket World was, According to the system it was a world filled with beings such as devils, angels, and many other creatures which Amon could fight and kill, in turn gaining "System coins" which could be used in the "Shop" to buy weapons, armors and many other necessary things he would need.

That wasn't the special part about the Pocket-World of course, What was most important was that Amon could kill things in the pocket-world and use his Shadow Monarch ability on them and turn them into his shadow soldiers.

Amon felt like this function was very reasonable, after all, he was currently in the human world, his powers were limited, and he couldn't just randomly go around killing a bunch of humans and turning them into shadow soldiers.

He would become more of a maniac than he already was in his last life. 

"Why are you so quiet, didn't sleep well?" Emiko, noticing Amon's quietness and strange eye movements asked with a chuckle.

"I slept well thank you very much, I don't stay up playing video games like you" Amon replied with a sneer after hearing her words.

"Hey, you would understand my addiction if you played " The last of We" Emiko rolled her eyes.

Amon could only sigh, Even after growing up his "older" sister was still a game addict like she was 18 years ago. 

-------------

if you want to support me and want more chapters check out my patréon.

Patréon.com/ShadowDeity 

20