10: The Pocket Hunting World
392 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

chirp!!

The sounds of birds chirping could be heard throughout the air. 

"Is this the Pocket Hunting World?" Amon who had just opened his eyes looked around at the environment, he was in what seemed to be a forest.

Amon became serious and sat up immediately, he pulled out a sharp knife and rushed to a large tree that was very close to him.

the sound of footsteps entered his ears immediately after he took notice of his surroundings.

"What the fuck is that?" Amon thought in his heart as he heard the clanging of metal accompanied by heavy footsteps.

A headless set of armor could be seen walking through the forest as it held a sharp sword in its arms. 

[Dullahan 

Level: 12 (Tier 9)] 

A holographic screen appeared at the corner of Amon's eyes as he saw the full appearance of the headless walking set of armor. 

"Is this a monster?" Amon thought with a frown as he watched the headless armor set slowly pass the area he was previously at, looking around curiously.

Amon didn't bother having any plans of taking this monster on, Not only was it a Tier 9 monster, it was plated I'm a full set of armor and Amon probably wouldn't even know how to kill it. 

it was at this moment that a holographic screen appeared.

[Ding! 

Congrats on reaching The Pocket Hunting World!

A mission has been created automatically (The system rarely hands out missions, but each one will have great rewards) would you like to see the mission?] The system's mechanical voice sounded off in Amon's head.

"Missions? show me," Amon thought in his heart, he didn't think too much of it, since he might get some food rewards he might as well take advantage of this mission while it was here.

[Mission]

Kill a creature and gain your first Shadow Soldier.

Reward: 100 Coins, 100 Exp (1 level)]

Another holographic screen appeared, stating the requirements of the mission.

Amon looked at the contents of the mission and released a sigh of relief, at least it wasn't anything crazy.

The system mission he had just gained was something he was already planning to do ever since he got to this world.

"Wait, I almost forgot about my abilities," Amon thought as he went through his abilities once again.

Although Shadow Extraction and Shadow Storage could be used in a fight right now, he still had this skill-

---

[3: Shadow Energy manipulation - Similar to the Demonic and Angelic powers of Demons and Angels, but vastly different.]

Amon kept his eyes on the roaming Dullahan while thinking of a plan on how to take care of it, although it was incredibly strong as it was at Tier 9, With some tactics and some methods Amon could take it down.

Considering how stupid this Dullahan looked and acted, Amon wouldn't be surprised if he could manage to kill it.

After all, he had a lot of fighting experience when it came to using daggers and close combat weapons, even if the Dullahan was far stronger, Amon could still find a way to deal a great deal of damage to it all while outsmarting it in the process.

"System, give me a basic use description of my shadow energy manipulation ability," Amon asked, he wasn't in the mood to experience it right now and would rather ask the system, in case something unexpected happened while he was trying to test out the ability.

[Ding! 

Shadow Energy Manipulation can be used like "Mana, qi, demonic energy, etc." just concentrate on your mind and bring out the power of the energy.

Hint: Using Shadow Energy to coat weapons and body parts before an attack can increase power as well as a defense] a long lengthy description appeared, followed by the mechanical voice of the system as it read over the description.

"So it's like that?" Amon smiled as he read the words and listened to the voice of the system, he now had a basic idea of how to use this Shadow Energy Manipulation to his advantage.

perhaps physical attacks won't work on the Dullahan, but with the help of Shadow Energy, he had hope of dealing tons of damage to it with the right tactics. 

Amon began to strike with newfound confidence, although he was a person that moved cautiously by nature if he was confident in what he was doing then he would do it.

While the headless Dullahan was roaming around the trees, a pebble whistled through the air and landed on the chest plate it was wearing.

clank!

the pebble bounced off the chest plate and fell onto the ground, alerting the Dullahan.

The headless creature moved its body towards the location of the fallen pebble, it then turned to the location where the pebble had been thrown previously.

A strange sound was released by the Dullahan as it clenched the sword in his hands and began walking towards a large tree.

As the Dullahan was about to finish walking around the large tree, it suddenly tripped off a protruding root from the ground and fell straight to the floor.

bang!

Amon who was on the other side of the tree tightly clenched his dagger and focused on it, with a simple thought his dagger was surrounded by formless black-purplish shadow energy that gave off a strange feeling of death. 

-------------

if you want to support me and want more chapters check out my patréon.

Patréon.com/ShadowDeity 

18