11: The First Shadow
406 0 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Amon immediately moved after seeing the fall of the Dullahan.

His black dagger which was covered in murky shadow energy moved like a snake as he leaped out and drove it into the armor of the Dullahan.

puchi!!

It was a direct hit but Amon unconsciously stepped back, he had pierced through the armor of the Dullahan but it felt incredibly hollow as if there was nothing inside the walking armor set.

Amon had thought he did no damage, but after seeing the reaction of the fallen Dullahan he realized that the strike he had dealt to it had damaged it to a certain degree.

if it wasn't for the applied strength of the shadow energy then perhaps Amon wouldn't even be able to pierce through the Dullahan's defenses, considering it was a Tier 9 lifeform after all. 

Amon didn't stop there, he pulled out another dagger from his side and leaped onto the Dullahan, continuously stabbing it as he applied Shadow Energy onto the blades of the knives.

The clanking of metal was occasionally heard, the Dullahan raised its arm and waved its long sword about, but it was slashing at nothing but air.

Although the Dullahan was strong, it was very slow and wasn't very intelligent when it came to fighting.

It could only be continuously stabbed by Amon as it squirming waved its sword around randomly.

[Ding! 

Tier 9 Dullahan killed.

+50 exp, 50 coins] A holographic screen appeared after a minute or so of Amon stabbing at the Dullahan, it had finally died.

"Huff... Huff...Huff" Amon breathed heavily as he sat up and watched the body of the Dullahan turn lifeless and it stopped moving about.

As the body of the Dullahan lay there silently as a purplish shadow energy erupted from its body, the long sword that it had previously been waving around dropped onto the ground. 

Amon walked towards the long sword and casually picked it up, a holographic screen appeared the moment he held it.

[Dullahan's sword 

Tier: 9

Effects: Nil] 

Amon kept the sword, Afterall it would deal a lot more damage than the daggers which he was currently using.

Although he wasn't a huge fan of swords, he would have to make do with this until he found a better weapon with a higher tier. 

"If that Dullahan was any smarter perhaps it could've put up a fight," Amon thought silently as he looked at the lifeless body of the Armor set.

[Would you like to Extract the shadow?

[Yes/No] 

A holographic screen popped up as he stared at the dead body of the Dullahan.

"oh yea, I can have this guy as a soldier now, such a win," Amon thought with a smile, the Dullahan was stupid, but if he controlled it with his Shadow energy then it could be used to its full potential in many upcoming battles.

Amon didn't wait anymore and put his hand over the dead body of the Dullahan, this was something he had always wanted to do ever since seeing Sum jing woo do it. 

"Arise" 

The Shadow energy which was lingering above the dead body of the Dullahan began to take effect as it sunk into the body of the Dullahan, the previously dead Dullahan slowly rose from the ground as its armor pieces were placed back perfectly.

The Dullahan was now surrounded by dark purplish energy as it stood there and looked at Amon with an expressionless face.

It had turned into a shadow soldier. 

Amon looked at the shadow soldier he had created and clicked his tongue, he had a soldier which he could control now.

[Ding! 

Starter Mission is completed!!!

Reward: 100 Coins, 100 Exp]. a holographic screen popped up, signaling the completion of the mission after Amon turned the Dullahan into his shadow soldiers.

[Ding!

Leveled up!] 

he had also leveled up, the status screen immediately appeared after the level-up.

[Status]

Host: Amon Hashimoto 

Class: Shadow Monarch (Longinus)

Race: Human (Monarch)

Title: Nil

Tier: 10

Level: 1 (50%) 

[Str]: 14

[Vit]: 11

[Spd]: 12

[int]: 13

Stat points: 3 

Amon looked at the appearance of his stats screen and began to allocate his stat points, although 3 points per level wasn't a lot, according to the system, every 10 levels would increase the number of stat points he gained per level.

Every 10 levels were also the dividing factor that determined the tiers he would place at.

For example, if Amon reached level 11 and broke through level 10 he would become a Tier 9 lifeform due to all the stat points he had gained and the increase in his strength.

Of course, he could always choose not to use the stat points, but the system would already be assumed he had used all the given stat points and give him a tier depending on his level.

Amon wanted to balance his stats out for now while he was still below tier 9, at least that way after getting a better experience with his fighting style of shadow monarch abilities, he could come up with which stats he should focus on.

but for now, he would balance out all 4 stats.

"1 point to strength, 1 to vitality, and 1 to speed," Amon said in his heart after thinking for a while.

Intelligence was a stat he would need in the future as it would be linked to his shadow monarch abilities.

Amon looked at the Dullahan he had turned into a shadow soldier, after it was reborn as a shadow, the sword that it had dropped had actually appeared but it looked more like a black beam of sword light now, it looked pretty cool. 

-------------

if you want to support me and want more chapters check out my patréon.

Patréon.com/ShadowDeity 

23