Chp10 The Receiver
191 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Just like I expect.'

Raymond had finally arrived at the meeting place. It's a two-story, old building that's been painted over. He opened the creaking door of the building and went in. This yellow building was an ideal place for a secret meeting.

It looked like an unfinished construction inside. Probably, this was a building that began to be built more than ten years ago, but it was unfinished. 

Not paying attention to whether it was dusty or not, Raymond sat down on a wooden plank. He took out the package in his pocket. He flipped the package left and right and checked it. A piece of paper was pasted on the package. The paper contained the number of the person who would receive the delivery. Raymond wrote the number down one by one on his phone. Then he texted the number:

"At three o'clock, when the holy light of the sun illuminates you."

This message meant that he had reached the specified location. If anything else had been written, the receiver would have figured out he wasn't Raymond. Only Raymond knew about this message, which means that he is the one who will make the delivery.

It didn't matter which number the message came from on the other side. The main thing was the content of the message. Thanks to the codes, the receiver could understand the situation.

After Raymond sent the message, he waited for the person who would receive the delivery. Meanwhile, he was thinking about what kind of job he should work. The first thing that came to his mind was to tell Denis that he was 'Awakened'. And he could still work as a delivery man.

There were few, if any, 'awakened' deliverymen. They used to take risky jobs. But it would be too much for the fee they received. So it was a profitable business for a powerless 'Awakened' person. But Raymond had a problem. He had never learned any spiritual magic. At first, he had no idea how an 'Awakened' person does extraordinary things.

'It would be great if there was a place where I could learn.'

While Raymond was thinking about such things, he heard footsteps coming from the stairwell. He immediately pored. But he didn't leave his place. He didn't even change the way he was sitting.

The sounds of calm footsteps came closer and closer. Finally, a man entered the room that had no door. The man was a middle-aged man in a black long coat with a red scarf.

"Are you the Herald of the Sun?"(Man)

'This man... Can't be, right?'

"Yes."(Raymond)

"Good. Can I have the package? Then the money will be credited to your account."(Man)

Raymond stood up but did not immediately hand over the package. Instead, he looked at the man as if he was thinking of something. A strange silence ensued. When the middle-aged man held his hand, Raymond had made up his mind.

'It's a big chance. I can't let it get away from me.'

"I wonder if you might be Lord William of the Redheart family?"(Raymond)

"Hmm... I am. But I'm surprised that an insignificant delivery person like you recognizes me."(Lord William)

As soon as William finished his words, an invisible pressure surrounded him. It was both very cold and very heavy. Raymond swallowed hard. He could barely stand. If he said something wrong, it would be the end of him.

Because the so-called William Redheart was the brother of the patriarch of the current Redheart family. His status was enormous. The Redheart family was an 'Awakened' family. More precisely, it was a noble family.

It was known that William Redheart had a disease. That's why he was hardly known to the public. And he was usually someone who stayed away from society. He didn't show up much. It was hardly known even among noble families. That's exactly why it was unusual for Raymond to recognize him.

"Since I was going to make a delivery to the city of the Redheart family, I had researched the names of important people of the Redheart family so as not to provoke someone important. It's not much. Please forgive me."(Raymond)

"..."(William)

"..."(Raymond)

There was silence for a while. But the pressure did not go away immediately. Cold sweats were beginning to form in Raymond's head. Even his face was blushing. But when William began to speak, the pressure went as it came.

"Good, then. Will you give me the package now? After all, I'm also an important person, right? You don't want to piss me off either."(William)

This pressure was the spiritual pressure of an advanced 'Awakened' person. His control over spiritual energy was so strong that he made ordinary people kneel down with a single thought.

"Eat-Yes. I'll give you that. But, firstly, I have a request for you. Could you listen to me?"(Raymond)

When William heard about Raymond, he withdrew the hand he had extended. At first Raymond's words caused him to frown. But then, with a curious expression, he looked at Raymond.

3