[Prologue part 5: A Small Bickering]
74 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The universe Fay has created is amazing in many ways.

It has some elements of sci-fi and magic. There are also many races. Humans, elves, and even dragons. It's pretty amazing how big this world is.

Currently, there are 3 major factions here in the cosmos.

The faction of the west utilizes magic and swords as their main weaponry. Inside their form of combat, it's pretty straightforward with no complications. This faction was founded by the first Hero who overthrew the demon king that terrorized the universe.

Their long-range combat is composed of snipers that would guard their planets and plasma cannons that can obliterate planets in another solar system.

Next, the faction of the east. 

Their form of combat differs from one another. In one instant, they might use an umbrella and in the other, they will use rocks to fight.

Even though this might sound barbaric, their way of thinking is way different. 

They value honor more than everything. Sometimes, they might even explain their skills to their enemy just so that they could have a fair fight.

Next up is the neutral faction. 

This faction is in the southern part of the universe. Most of the conferences and politics happen here mostly because it is the safest place in the cosmos.

The western and eastern factions are on the front lines while the neutral faction is right in between them. Even then, they should not be underestimated.

They have the highest technology and magical advancement out of the 3 factions. They have 3 main notable things.

First, they got the best long-range warfare due to them being at the rear of the war.

Second, they have the best information intelligence. If something big is up, they will immediately know.

Lastly, descendants of nobles in both western and eastern get their education here. The reason is to strengthen their alliance through their descendants which is a pretty bold decision coming from myself.

The last thing to note is the devil's faction. 

They are mindless beasts that rampage throughout the land. They have already conquered the north and are on their way to destroy everything.

It took the combined force of the 3 factions just to stop them in their tracks. 

"To this day, they are still in a stalemate," Fay said as she concluded a quick background lesson.

To be honest, I only understand half of it.

At the moment, I am in the dark void with Fay. It's so nice to finally talk to someone but... She's too talkative.

"Can you give a simpler explanation please?" I asked.

She gave me a skeptical look but brushes it off immediately.

"3 Factions started an alliance to confront the devil's factions. The southern faction is the safest whilst the west and east are the frontlines. Their war is still in a stalemate even now."

Oh, that's what I meant when I said I wanted a background check. 

"They didn't do anything drastic?"

"Yes," she affirms. "The reasoning is plain simple. It's too risky. They barely defend their land so attacking deeper into the territory of the demons might be for naught."

"But they did try, right?" 

"Yes, all of which failed," she said while having a faint smile on her face.

Silence plummeted. Neither of us talked and while that's the case, I never felt awkward.

To think that devils would be this troublesome after all this time. Sigh.

"Fay, I'd like to visit the world you created."

"No."

An immediate answer but this time, I felt it was a lot faster.

"Why?" I asked.

"Even if you are my creator, I cannot let you enter my universe. The balance of power will instantly get tilted and my children's growth will be ruined."

I then thought for a bit. She seems to be calm on the outside but I can feel... I can feel that she is on the verge of exploding. Caution is probably needed.

"Don't worry, I will not get involved with them too much. I just want to see interesting things. Look, I'll even seal most of my power."

She raised an eyebrow. 

Maybe it worked? Maybe it didn't? I'm nervous. 

"Okay then," she spoke. "I will allow you to come down to my universe under 2 rules."

That's... Suspicious.

"speak of it."

"Firstly, if you can indeed seal most of your power, then do so. You should not help any of my children in technological and magical advancement."

"Easy."

Since she has that ridiculously overpowered skill, her thinking capability, and problem-solving skills have become so good that she could probably solve world hunger in under a minute. I'm pretty nervous about what she came up with.

"Then secondly," she spoke with an ominous tone. "I will keep watch of you."

What?

"What do you mean by that?" I inquired.

"I will be watching your every movement here in the dark void while also having the power to restrict you in case you go out of the line."

That's... Pretty vague not gonna lie.

"And how far will this line go?"

"Until I said so."

Shit.

So she's saying that she will have the power to restrict my movements whenever she wants to. Pair it with the fact that she watches me 24/7, I will practically become a puppet. Even so...

"I agree with your terms, just don't be unreasonable with it," I said confidently.

She then reveals a faint smile on her face and said yes.

I have a feeling she won't abuse this authority too much. Her love for her universe transcends everything, even her creator. 

Yet then again, this "love" isn't as simple as it seems. With no hesitations, she will only watch a falling kingdom and those children of hers will die but I doubt she will bat an eye.

Her definition of love is way more twisted than the normal meaning. I cannot put it into words, I simply do not have the vocabulary for it.

My conditional trust in her is also mysterious. It's as if I can understand her intentions the moment she decides on them. 

Maybe I will learn these things in the future when the time comes.

"Oh, I almost forgot, you will need an avatar to descend there," Fay advised me.

...

I almost have forgotten. I'm still just a soul with no body. I'm still a blob.

What the hell is wrong with me?

sorry if this chapter looks like an info dump.

0