[Prologue part 6: Avatar Issues]
62 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[POV- MC]

"I'm afraid you need to infuse more magical power."

"As I said before, it will destroy the core if I add more."

"That's if you don't have enough mana control."

"No, that's not how it works. The real issue is the compatibility I have with the avatar. If there is not enough compatibility, it will reject my soul even if it's the perfect ratio."

"No, compatibility also enhances with the amount of mana you have."

"This is going nowhere."

"I most definitely agree."

Sigh 

Currently, I'm making an avatar that can host my soul.

Here in the dark void, two individuals are bickering with each other. Although it's a respectful debate, no one is backing down.

The girl, Fay, looks like a Jade beauty that came straight out of a wuxia novel while the other one is just a floating blob of soul.

Yes, that's right, it was me. The blob soul.

Now you might be wondering why I suddenly used 3rd pov there but that isn't important right now. What I want is to end this conversation that has lasted for 6 hours (I counted).

"Then how about we just try one method after the other? In that case, we can decide who is right and who is wrong right?"

"To my knowledge, making an avatar can heavily tax a God's body right?"

She is right, Avatar creation does need a lot of magical power to pull off, even then...

"I can perfectly perform the skill just fine. Don't worry about it."

She gave me a complicated look before nodding in defeat. 

To think that she complied that easily even after all of those discussions... That's outright psychopathic behaviour.1No it isn't

"Well then, I'll use your theory first."

She nodded rather quietly.

I then make an avatar with a highly magical power performance. 

After that, I did some tweaks here and there fixing some abnormalities and when the time comes, I entered it.

At first, everything is going smoothly. Nothing is going wrong until... The transformation stage arrived.

In an instant, the avatar exploded.

No like, literally. As if it was a bomb.

The explosion expands as far as the eye can see. It was also so powerful that it might've destroyed the very fabric of space. 

The force came out by surprise. I am not really affected by the event because it only affected the physical plane yet just looking at how big the detonation is made me wanna run immediately.

Fay, however, shielded herself from the blast with only a flick of her hand. The barrier she made covered her body in an instant.

I'm so not confident I can break that.

The explosion finally subsided with only me and Fay standing.

"It seems that your evaluation there was wrong there miss Fay," I said while trying to tease her of her mistake.

"Indeed. I never speculated that your case might differ from the other gods," she admits easily.

Welp, that's no fun.

"Then, it's about time for your theory, master," she said as she revealed a subtle ominous smile.

Oh, so that's your idea. Your betting that my theory will also not work aren't you? We'll see about that.

________________________________________________

"It ended with a complete failure."

"I know right? Who would've known that Your idea will also not work?"

"Well, it's at least better than yours okay?"

She then laughs with pleasure while I'm suffering in defeat.

I still can't understand it. Why can't it adapt to my soul when I made it the most flexible and compatible avatar? It just doesn't make any sense.

Yes, I am indeed in dismay.

I know that my theory is true, I just know it. 

Back then when I created Fay, I looked for compatibility. Since I first created an avatar, I figured that her soul should match the avatar just so that it could hold her power.

Wait a minute... Compatibility... Oh!!! So that's how!

"I finally figured it out! Hahahahahhahahaha!!!"

"Figured what?"

Fay asked me while looking like a curious cat wanting to be spoiled.

"I now know how it works, skill: creation!"

With that, I rammed my imaginary fingers to the description.

Skill name: 
Ace 

Skill description:
lets the user restrict their power with how much ratio they want. This will take effect directly on the soul so no matter how much the third party tries to unseal it, it will never be released.

Points needed:                               12937282


With that, I created this skill. It didn't say yes or no, it just got created in an instant.

Huh, I need to do something about that before it's too late. Well, can I even "fix" it? I am the system administrator after all right?

I looked at my skill tab and sure enough, it was there.

Skill creation:

creates skills. Adjustments will be made if the conditions are not matched.

Type 5 immortality:

You are not bound to the concept of life and death and thus cannot be killed.

Joker:

Creates a soul that can inhibit an avatar. The stats of the soul will depend on the stats of its creator with a 10: 1 ratio. You will also have the ability to know every information of the soul you created.

Avatar creation:

Creates an avatar that takes form with the shape of the soul that inhibits it. It grants the ability to take a physical form in the physical plane.

All beginning has an end:

The power to control the cycle of life and its end. It lets the user absorb everything that the soul achieved in its lifetime and recycle it for a new life.

Ace:

Manual scaling: lets the user restrict their power with how much ratio they want. This will take effect directly on the soul.

Automatic scaling: The restriction of power will depend on the surrounding and the conditions of the user. This will take effect directly on the soul.

Okay... This is hard to read, too many words. I am definitely going to update it.

Since I don't want to manually restrict my power, I'll go with the automatic one.

"Skill: Ace-Automatic!"

...

Somehow, I expected this to be a flashy skill. I also don't feel anything at all.

"Did my skill fail?" I asked myself.

"I don't think that's the case," Fay, who was originally quiet, said to me. "Based on the description of your skill, I believe that your status will go higher or lower depending on how dangerous your surrounding is or how much your condition demands it."

"I see," I replied, realising something.

Did my skill think that Fay is a dangerous individual? Or did it not change because there is no need to?

...

Thinking about it would just be a waste of time so immediately, I began working on a new avatar.

Here goes nothing.



0