[Epilogue: New faces]
65 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[3rd POV]

With a dim atmosphere, and a cold temperature, a roundtable consisting of 13 seats is right in the centre.

The never-ending flaming torch surrounds the room to give light but not enough to show their faces.

10 people were sitting casually minding their own business. Even if that's the case, the aura inside the room is still pretty tense.

"ehh~ you guys have to take a break once in a while. Y'all just pushing yourselves too much you know?" One of them said attempting to release the mood.

He has a slim build, probably around 16~17 years old if based on appearance only. With brown hair and brown eyes, he seems like your typical average guy. 

"Shut up sloth," "Yeah yeah, shut up sloth!!!" Two petite girls countered.

Their looks are similar to each other yet one could easily tell whose who.

The older one has a serious personality while the younger one is very easygoing and troublesome.

"What? I'm just attempting to change the mood ya know? All of us here seem like they want to wage war on me or something," Sloth ominously said.

The other people sitting didn't like what he said. Some released killing intent yet the sloth didn't budge and just smiled back.

"Oh come on guys, don't be like that, y'all scaring me. Look, how about we talk about the Change that happened this morning," sloth inquired. "The system I mean."

"You know, it's pretty ironic that your name is sloth right~," One of them said with a seductive yet dangerous tone.

She has an alluring body and pale skin. White hair, red eyes, and a red dress, she looks kind yet looks can be deceiving.

"Oh, I do get that a lot. My name being ironic and all but... Why are you interrupting me you blood-sucking abomination?"

"Why don't you find out yourself~"

"QUIET!"

In an instant, the fight that was about to happen was interrupted immediately. 

In one of the entrances, there walked a man with a dignified expression. Nothing could be told about him. Everything is blank, even his appearance. It's as if he is from another plane of existence.

"tsk, y'all have no chill," sloth murmurs yet he is ignored. 

"Now, all of you must've known why we are holding this meeting right?" The mysterious figure continued.

"oh~," a childish voice reverted throughout the room. "Is it because of that?"

All of the others nodded in unison.

"Then, we shall start immediately. We shall now discuss the possible evolution to a high God."

___________________________________________________

Somewhere, in the vast galaxy. A war, or rather, an intergalactic rebellion is on the loose.

Battle Spaceships or [BSS] are their modern tanks.

Those BSS can travel through space with nuclear reactors and can raid a whole planet if needed. 

In times of peace, they are the symbol of freedom and liberty. In times of war, they are the symbol of death, swarming their enemies in millions.

Even then, this war has been happening for over a thousand years. It has been always a stalemate... Until now.

"A highly concentrated camp of BSS is coming in the right commander!"

"Intercept it with our rear units!" A certain commander said.

His hair and beard are the colour white and his sharp black eyes can kill with a gaze. His blue clothes are similar to the ones in the army with many medals on top of it.

This commander couldn't understand the rebellion's movement. He knows that their leader is ridiculously smart and cunning yet even he knows that their leader wouldn't move so brashly.

Is it because of the recent changes in the system? I heard that they look at the system as a god.

"We can't sir. Our rear will be exposed by then," the officer interrupted his line of thought.

"That will matter much later in the future. Just follow orders!"

"Energy output is down to 19%"

"Send in our combatant mages to supply our energy! Make sure to have at least 1/3 of them making mana shields!"

"But sir, our firepower will go dow-"

"DO IT!!!"

With reluctant faces, the workers did what the commander told them. 

Even though they knew what might come after this, they never questioned their superior. 

After all, a commander's rank is the highest of them all. 

"Sir, enemy transmission requesting to talk," the officer in charge of comms said.

"Let them in," the commander said without hesitation.

At the front of their cockpit, a huge blue screen suddenly appeared right in front of them. 

A guy sitting with a wide smile was there, grinning suspiciously.

"Well well well, if it isn't the ace of the kingdom itself," he said before laughing hard. "did they run out of Cannon fodder? Surely that wasn't the case right?"

"What do you want?" The commander said getting straight to the point.

"Oh, nothing. I just want all of you to surrender in peace. Your reward? You won't be killed."

"And if I refused?"

The villain stopped smiling. He then went serious and used threatening words.

"I will torture and massacre every single one of you till there is nothing left."

...

Yet, even with that, he just smiled back.

"Try me."

________________________________________________ 

Somewhere, deep within the neutral faction's territory. A school that teaches magic and science simultaneously is about to have a big change in the future.

"Winner, Alexander Sigil!"  

Inside the school, there is a huge stadium that's holding a huge event, a duel so to speak.

The victor, Sigil, has blond hair and blue eyes. His clothing is that of a normal student yet his handsome looks can make him look like a prince, which he is.

The crowd's heavy cheering resounded throughout the whole stadium. Nothing can be heard except for their heavy support for the winner.

Alexander ignored them though. He is used to such flatteries. In fact, he is so used to them that he could tell immediately if it was an empty compliment or a genuine one.

He helped the loser of the bout get back on their feet. 

Her name is Eliza frost. She has short brown hair, red fiery eyes, and a beautiful face. Although that's the case, she is pretty much hated by everyone.

And that is due to her background.

She refuses Sigil's help and ran away from the stadium beet red full of shame. Sigil was, of course, flabbergasted.

He knows her since they were a child. That was only because their parents know each other. So seeing her like this makes his heart ache.

"Wait, Eliza!" He shouted as he prepares to follow her but stopped.

"Wait, why is the prince so worried about that fake noble?" "The Prince is being manipulated by her." "Don't he sees her true colours?" "Why is he always looking at that trash?"

Murmurs of the spectators began to appear. 

Alexander, hearing this is fuming in anger. All of these baseless accusations and rumours made him so angry that he accidentally released his killing intent.

In an instant, the mass became quiet. No one dares to make a sound, as if there was a knife hanging by their necks.

Alexander ignored the reaction he is getting. The only thing on his mind right now is to chase the individual named Eliza.


2