Ch. 17: File I.D 70121
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

File I.D 70121


 

File access granted.

User I.D : V. Gale

Confidential Information related to Nexus event 70121

(Codename: File I.D 70121)

Please refrain from copying, re-rendering, or tampering with this document. This section is restricted to those without proper access. If you are reading this without proper authority, please remove yourself from the entry or face consequences up to and including treason, exile, or forced and facilitated censorship from the Information Committee. Some information is not meant to be taken literally as some sources have yet to be verified. Some information has been restricted based on your authorization level. Thank you for your cooperation.


Subsection 1 : The Nexus

The Nexus is a entity of unknown origin created for the purpose of travel between worlds. No one in present day understands how it functions or what its true purpose is. Though it is likely that it did not originate on Earth F.D and its world of origin is currently unknown. Some theories propose that it is a product of a lost human civilization beyond one of the many worlds that are connected to it.

Subsection 2 : Earth F.D

Earth (Final Destination) is located on the final chain link all connected through the Nexus. The other worlds that are known to exist within the network of the nexus are as follows:

Void Earth

Earth Alpha

REDACTED

REDACTED

The links to these worlds are not in order, remnants of each Earth all spill out to Earth  F.D. For generations this has been the case and no other confirmed worlds have been verified by large sections of the historical population.

Current known population : REDACTED

Subsection 3 : Void Earth

The world that is the solely responsible for the emergence of void beasts in the world of Earth F.D. The vanguard of the nexus are tasked with executing operations in relation to the nexus for the purpose of identifying which world the subject originates from. After identification, they respond accordingly as the primary line of defense of the world at large. Void beasts are dangerous creatures that are native to this world, it is also unknown as to their creation, similar to the nexus. No reputable source has ever been recorded to have originated from Void Earth, this has led many to believe REDACTED.

Subsection 4 : Children of the Nexus

Children of the Nexus are people of varying ages and creeds that have been brought to Earth F.D though the nexus. They are to be considered hostile on first contact and should be treated carefully. See addendum REDACTED for more information. The commonality of every arrival seems to be connected to a sudden or abrupt disappearance, near death experience, or happenstance upon a nexus without proper understanding of it's functionality.

For nearly sixty years no new subjects of human origin have come through the nexus on any known world. Until the appearance of one male and one female. For more information on the subjects see addendum REDACTED.

Subsection 5 : The Bleeding Rose Incident

Nina Ostera, codename: The Tempest, has accused two members of the Sovereign of a breach in jurisdiction agreement four. Stating that the region assigned to the Sovereign in the locale has sole discretion over the deployment of forces to their assigned region, excluding the Regional Defense Forces commanded by the nations governed by established societies outside the realm of the vanguard.

In this case: the Urandus Union lost control of the veil shrouding the majority of the city of Rosette, located in Alpha Earth equivalent: Northern California.

Nina Ostera lays claim that REDACTED and REDACTED sent agents to cause chaos in the city of Rosette and disrupt the stability of the recently formed Urandus Union, headed by Third Minister Edward Milton.

The nexus emerged moments after the veil was dispersed and allowed to run rampant in the once protected city streets of the city of roses.

Nina Ostera has also been placed under investigation for numerous charges such as REDACTED.

*External device detected*

Enter authority code to release restricted information :

R V T X 2 5 2 4 1 2

Access granted!

*Subsection 4 selected*

*Download complete. Device is safe to remove*

Service suspended. Countdown

3... 2... 1...


The room in the archive was lit with a single monitor in the corner of the darkened room. The figure standing before it turned off the device before walking over to the security door in the front of the massive room full of computers and servers. Restricted access signs were plastered all over the door and the computers themselves.

The figure raised their gloved hand with an access card with a spot of blood on it. Sliding it into the slot and then removing it as soon as the door opened. The card was then placed into the sleeve of the blackened suit that the figure was wearing.

They walked cautiously along the wall, avoiding the sightlines of cameras or other identifying security measures put in place to protect this place of vital information. They eventually happened upon a window on a lower level that was left open. The burglar slid through the window and closed it behind them, using a fast rope that had already been placed on the facility just moments before.

Once reaching the ground level the figure pressed a button at the bottom of the rope and it began to retract from above down into the device, the rope began to fall through the other side of the device and onto the ground. The figure began to wrap up the rope and place it over their shoulder, walking into the dark alley in the middle of the night.

Eventually they arrived at a location that seemed abandoned at first, a restaurant that was once frequented by locals, now lay in ruins after the recent attack on Rosette from the void beasts of the nexus. Standing beyond it's shattered windows were two armed men, they were wearing R.D.F uniforms and looked to be guarding someone.

The figure sat down in one of the booths that was surprisingly occupied by a rather large man with a distinct look about him. The figure knew exactly who this client was, but she dared not ask questions. She had one job, to deliver the information he paid for.

"Need to confirm your affiliation."

"Hmm." The man slid over an identification chip that the woman in black then inserted into a device on her wrist.

"Excuse me Fist, I apologize for the secrecy." She sounded a bit shaken once she discovered what was on the mans chip.

She slid his I.D chip back and then placed the USB device onto the table between them.

"The information is all there... I'll be taking my–"

A blast echoed out through the diner. The bulky man had drawn his sidearm and shot the woman through her facemask, killing her instantly. Her brain matter scattered around the torn sofa and behind her. Gravity eventually won over and she slid down under the table, lifeless.

The men in uniform turned to retrieve the body from under the ruined table, ransacking her corpse before dragging her away. One of the soldiers placed the bloodied card on the table that was simply labeled 'V. Gale'. The large man slipped it into his coat pocket.

After the soldiers left the diner with her corpse the man pulled out a small silver device that he inserted into his ear. He tapped it twice and a sound played as the radio powered on.

"I got the drive." The man looked over at the bullet hole in the headrest of the booth across from him as he continued his report, "Oh and the 'other' loose end has been eliminated."

He had placed the USB into a portable computer that he put on the table. His massive arms typing away to access his private account and open the file.

Some images appeared on screen, labeled subjects one and two.

Both images were of a young man and woman.

"Confirmed the targets. Next order of business, I want more out of this job. Do you know what that boy did? This entire city block was leveled you know, my city!"

The man slammed his fist onto the table, breaking the table in two. He stood up enraged by whatever was being told to him over the communication device.

"You know damn well what I am risking here, the least I could get is a larger chunk of the pie out West. This little escapade your people pulled got a lot of my guys killed..."

The man stood silently for a moment, his demeanor changed slightly with whatever he heard.

"Right. Of course... My apologies. I understand. Once I know have their location my guys will secure the package. Alive."

He tapped the earpiece twice again, turning it off and removing it from his ear. He then smashed it to pieces in the palm of his hand and scattered it across the floor at his feet.

"That prick, threatening me. After picking up all their pieces, they should be grateful to me!"

The massive man walked out to the street where a squad of armed R.D.F soldiers waited for him with an armored vehicle.

"Commander, the rat has been dealt with."

"Good. Fucking traitor got what she deserved. Get me a list of replacements. In the meantime, request Sian Anders be assigned to my company temporarily, I want a full report on the area surrounding Death Valley. Inform me of any changes or Nexus readings within the last two months."

The soldier saluted his commander as he entered the vehicle. Once the door closed it sped off away from the diner they were staying at.

On the brick wall just around the block, the wall had been smeared with blood. It read "The dark child cometh."

Tried something different with this chapter, incorporating some formatting elements into a sort of "info dump". Basically any of the boxed text can be skipped over for future reference. If I decide to do this in future chapters of course, as it is just extra content, but I did try to incorporate it as a sub-plot that is limited to mostly this chapter and a certain characters ambitions!

I also just wanted to thank everyone who has been here since the beginning and those who are just starting to discover my work. I would like to direct you to my author profile, where I post updates on my writing process for this story. I don't use any other forms of social media as of right now so if you want to keep up with my work follow me here! Thank you again, and enjoy the story ahead!

1