chapter 2
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The clear sound of the birds chipping woke me from my dreamland. It felt like I just slept but the clear sunlight falling on my face has woke me up from my slumber. My limbs felt numb, it feels really hard to even move my fingers. I tried to call my mom, and as a result, I heard a dopey groan coming from my mouth, I know my voice doesn't sound pleasant and I'm unfit for singing but it doesn't mean my voice sounds this bad.

My thoughts have gone wild just in a few fractions of seconds. Did something happen when I slept? Did my house set on fire? How are the others..... My little pumpkin, mom, dad, grandpa, and finally my old devil, even if we fight with each other I don't hate her, my days won't pass fine without her present. I tried to open my eyes forcefully, My vision is still blurry but it was enough for me to notice I'm not in my room the surroundings don't look familiar to me, the space in this room is double mine. My room is not small but this one is on another level. I tried to move my numb body forcefully, and as a result, it did move but the result is not good, dam a loud 'thud' resounded around the room. Few memories have occupied my brain which is not mine...... But they are not clear. Did I reincarnate? If yes then how did I die? What about my dreams? My BFF plans? Will my parents and friends moan for me? Before I could think of anything few people surrounded around me, two women in their early 40's lifted me up on the bed. Tears were falling from my eyes, I can't even stop them I can't accept the fact that I had to leave my family and end my life without completing my dreams.

'Yeah it's better for you to be a wandering ghost, it does suit you.' my self-conscious mocked me.

I could hear whispers around me. An old man walked towards me, he was like a stranger as well as a familiar person to me.

He wore a business suit, and a mixture of feelings was visible in his eyes... Happiness, sadness... And guilty?

He walked towards me bent to my height and creased my face.

"How are you feeling Alice?" he asked me.

That was enough for me to know that I'm not myself anymore, I'm occupied with someone else far from my family.

I closed my eyes tightly stopping those unshed tears, I don't want the old men to worry about me. I just nodded my head.

" You just woke up after a year, don't worry you will be fine, I will call the doctor for you." He said to me, I didn't reply to anyone.

"I will be fine" I whispered not to anyone it was more like I was reassuring myself. 

"Yes, honey you will be fine in no time, leave everything to grandpa concentrate on your health." He said warmly, that it was for me to close my mouth I don't want to say anything, if this is really reincarnation then his granddaughter is not alive anymore and I don't know if this is the feeling of this body or the true love and warmth seen in his eyes just like my grandpa I don't want to let him get hurt, I laid back on the bed and closed my eyes. I could feel a dark graze coming from someone but I can't pinpoint who it is as I closed my eyes. If my soul is going to be in this body then I need to face them, who might they be? Did the body owner meet in an accident or was it preplanned? Lots of questions were occupied in my brain but I guess this body is can't withstand anymore.

When I'm sure I'm the only one left in the room I opened my eyes to observe my surroundings, which are on another level than mine, even the word rich is small this girl's family belongs to royalty. Even a bed stand is made up of gold. All the furniture is made up of the finest redwood, the room is filled with a warm color a girly one unlike mine which is a dark one, people have to think twice whether it belongs to me or someone else.

I tried to move my neck as much as I can. Observing all these things in my new room makes me mesmerized but it makes me think I don't belong in this place, it's too girlish for me. As l was observing the room I found something more common, which I'm trying to forget for the past year, all my nightmares.

There on the right side of the wall, I saw...

.. My nightmares

... That night, when I'm trying to run away.

... I saw...... HER

Her oval face, fair skin, her black orbs, and jet-black hair reached to her waist. It was as if I saw her a few seconds ago. The reflection on her photo frame came to the reflection of my face..... Which is too familiar and strange at the same time. That was when a thunderstorm tucked my head to give me the answer.

My soul has occupied her body, then again I remember those desperate eyes, which were already lively, naive but hoping to live.

I promised to her more like a meaningless, empty promise. Was I given a chance to help her? Can save her from her depressed state, can I bring her back?

I want to see eyes filled with happiness and liveliness I'm sure she looks the most beautiful in the world. But the question is how can I help her and about what can I help her? The whole day the spend with numerous questions with unknown answers, and the doctor's caretaking. By the end of the day when I closed my eyes I heard her voice again, more like next to me but this time I didn't fear to it, somewhere my subconscious is telling me she is right next to me.

More like a pleading voice I heard her say 'help me.'

0