Chapter 5: A Cute Yet Strange Boy….
616 9 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As we were walking, Miss Hinda had some stuff explained to me. 

First things off. 

Some of them had been here for weeks already, and everyone didn't arrive at the same time. And that would make sense… since I myself just got here while Miss Hilda has been here for more than two weeks. 

The other notable thing to mention was that the ones that control the camp are those who have combat powers. My sister is included in that group, and since our school has a reputation for having well-behaved kids. I doubt that some degeneracy is going on. 

Ooh, BTW, Miss Hilda is also included in that group. 

Though… I am curious about what sort of powers the others have. And in my opinion, I think my powers are pretty comfortable, like… I can scout relatively easily and have access to water.

Buut… I still have no idea what this BS called [Cool Beauty] does…. Same thing with [Technique blend], but… I do suspect that’s where my agility and stamina come from. 

‘Sigh’

“Is there something wrong?” Miss Hilda asked me when she heard me sigh. 

I shook my head in response, saying, “No… it’s just that… I feel relieved….” 

“I see. I’m glad to hear. Just tell me if there’s anything that’s bothering you,” she said with a bright smile. 

….If you smile at me like that, my boy heart will misunderstand! 

Ahhhh!? 

“...Yes, I’ll be sure to have you soothe me, Miss Hilda….” 

...! Huh!? Ahh… yes….” she said, blushing and averting her gaze.

…What cute response is that!? 

— :::: — 

Now that I had arrived at the camp. I introduced myself to the others. There were some people I knew, and most of them, I didn’t. 

One of my friends called Isak came up to me, and we chatted for a little while, and I told him and the others what I’d seen on the other side. 

“I see… Jack is dead….” Isak sorrowfully said. 

Jack was a good friend to Isak and me. We often hung out with him, and now that he’s gone… 

“Anyways, you guys have a pretty nice base of operation here,” I said, looking around and seeing their slightly rough but neat camp. 

Isak and the others looked at me, and sort of laughed it off. 

It seemed like they had some complaints about some stuff since they were all used to modern technology…. But they didn’t take their minor complaints too far, considering what I’ve been through…. 

“Well, I can’t really imagine what you had to live through in that short time,” Isak said as he patted me on the shoulder. 

Ah… I mean, I was chased around for most of the first day, I guess….” 

I looked around a little more. They had a pretty nice fireplace and some huts with roofs. All of this was made out of wood and earth/rock. It was slightly rough looking, but it should be good enough as shelter…. 

Still… I can’t really imagine living like this for too long…. 

‘Ugh…’

I let out a small groan. I feel so exhausted, and well… to be fair, I haven’t slept at all. I’m surprised I even managed to come this far.

Shit… I feel so tired….

“Hey, Aska, are… you—” 

...huh…? What’s this? It’s soft and comfy….” 

And with that, I lost consciousness. 

— :::: — 

I, Hilda Mildina, a 21-year-old assistant teacher, met a strange boy today. At first, I thought he was a girl since his hair was long and fair—despite being covered in mud, he looked very pretty. 

At least, that was my first impression of him. His cute face, teal-coloured eyes, and hair suit him very well—as a woman… I must say I’m a bit jealous….

Nevertheless, he stumbled upon the girls and me as we bathed in a nearby lake. While I don’t want to suspect him for peeking at us… he was oddly calm when we confronted him a little later….

…I mean… I do remember averting his gaze when I first hugged him….

Nononono, Hilda, why is your face heating up!? 

…..

But… when I thought more about it, he probably felt so relieved to find people that it didn’t properly cross his mind…. 

Urghh! Nooooo! 

My face just gets hot just thinking about it! It was so embarrassing after he revealed himself to be a boy. I hugged him and all too! While naked! What sort of teacher am I!? 

W-well… he and the girls promised not to mention it, but, but…. Still!!! 

…well… unlike many boys, he didn’t ogle…. So Aska may be a little different from them—I mean… he seems feminine….

….

The way he said he felt happy that I embraced him was so innocent… so I doubt he thought anything naughty when he expressed it….

Thought… it always was a little problematic with some male students due to my relatively young age… maybe I shouldn’t let my guard down…. 

Anyhow… as we walked to the camp, I had some stuff explained to him, and from the looks of it, he seemed a little spaced out. 

He’d told me he had arrived three days ago and that he had come from the other side of the river. How he crossed the streamy river was probably due to his ability to accurately manipulate water. 

……

how do I say this? He didn’t strike me as someone strong enough to be able to make it on the other side…. But I’m happy that my assessment is wrong. I myself am not sure I’d make it if I had to be honest. But… that was at first when I arrived here. Right now, I feel pretty confident in my ability to protect the students. 

While I’m not the most reliable in combat, I do far better than most of the teachers…

Well, now, as we got back to the camp and had Aska relay his experience to the others, it seemed like he stumbled upon more deaths than we ever did, even compared to the scouting team who looked for survivors…. 

This meant that he escaped death by a thread. although Aska didn’t tell us if it was the same monster… I do suspect that their death was connected. 

Whatever monster lurked there, it killed many of its victims, leaving only their feet. That, to me, doesn’t sound like a coincidence….. 

And… it’s really creepy… I wonder… Aska… how is your mental state? Externally, you seem a little listless and calm, but… from the deep look in your eyes….

Anyhow… I shouldn’t pry…. 

Still… I’ve been with the scouting team once, and I’ve never heard or seen something like he described… then again… we never went too deep into that side because it was more dangerous the further in. 

In a sense… it was sort of a miracle that Aska came out alive, being able to tell the tale. Of course… there is a possibility of him lying or exaggerating. However… from the looks of it and my personal experience, it seemed like he was genuinely telling us the truth…. 

And after he told us everything about his experience, he seemed like he was about to faint. 

He must’ve been tired… I thought… as I tried to catch him when he was about to faint. He ended up leaning on me and….

....!” 

...Huh…? What’s this? It’s soft and comfy….

…to be specific… as I caught him, he said something was soft…. Aska! That’s my chest! Uhhhh! 

W-well… he doesn’t seem to be aware… so… I shouldn’t get upset… rather… I feel more embarrassed than upset…..

I knew that I was flustered and panicked as my face heated up. The others, on the other hand, looked at me and grinned. Especially the girls. The other teachers sighed and said, “Well… keep it moderate… and the rules don’t really apply here… so do whatever.

Whaaat!? That’s not what I’d imagine these strict grannies to say! 

And then, the students began to tease me. 

Eeeeh~ so this is teach’s taste?” 

I-it’s not like thaaaat!” I cried from the bottom of my lungs. 

….

Though… I like this lively and cheerful atmosphere rather than the depressing meek one…. 

B-but I don’t appreciate them teasing me! 

17