8. Reflection
79 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"How can His Grace not be happy?" Reyna smiled widely. "This is the first time Milady has shown him concern. He is jubilant."

"What?" Irene was taken aback by the girl's revelation.

"Yes. Although Milady might not remember, you never spoke to His Grace after your mother, Her Grace, passed away. You resented and blamed him for her death. You never spoke to him more than necessary and not once did you care for him, Milady."

'How idiotic was this Sylvaine? But wait! Did Reyna just say Sylvanie blamed her father for her mother's death? Does that mean he killed her?' She wondered. "Did Father kill Mother then? Is this why I resented him?" She voiced out her thoughts.

Although it was somewhere past midnight, she was nowhere near sleepy. On the contrary, she was in high spirits, especially because she was in a world that did not belong to her. She was in a body that did not belong to her, with people she did not know about. She was sure that she would not be sleeping any time soon. So, Irene decided to find out more about her host body.

"No, no, Milady. His Grace loved your mother dearly. It was just that Her Grace was too sick to be saved and you were closer to her than your father. So you could not tolerate the loss and blamed His Grace for it."

Reyna revealed the truth and bit her lip in worry. She was now worried that her Lady would go back to despising the old man when it was not his fault in the first place. How long had it been since she last saw a smile of happiness and relief on his face?

Irene went silent and thought about it with her lips pursed. 'What an idiot Sylvaine is! How could she resent her father for something he was not even responsible for? How lonely must her father have felt after losing his wife and daughter?' She sympathized with the old man and clicked her tongue lightly.

Irene started chuckling when she realized she had forgotten to ask the most critical question. "Reyna, can you tell me my father's name?"

"His Grace is Seymour Reeve and your mother was Adelaine Reeve."

"I see. Do I have any siblings?"

"No, Milady. But you do have a cousin brother who stays with you."

"Cousin brother?"

"Yes, Milady. His parents were assassinated when he was young and His Grace took him as his son."

"What is his name?"

"Damen Reeve."

"Damen? Is he in the mansion right now?" Irene was excited to find out she had a brother, although he was not her brother but Sylvaine's. She had always wanted to have a sibling. But she was not born with that fortune. Now that she was in Sylvaine's body, she wanted to experience the love of a family before she returned home with their memories.

"Young Master is currently not in the kingdom. He will be ecstatic to know that Milady is awake. He loves you just like his sister."

"Is he older than me?"

"No, Milady. You are the older one."

Irene was thrilled to have a younger brother. She desperately wanted to meet him now. "You mentioned that he is not in the kingdom currently." Irene's smile vanished when she recalled what Reyna had said a moment ago.

"Yes, Milady." Reyna nodded at her and waited for her to ask her next question.

"What is the name of the kingdom?"

"We are in the kingdom of Rothnia."

"Rothnia? I see." Irene nodded lightly and went silent again. "What does my father do? Is he a merchant, a soldier, or does he work for the King?"

"His Grace is the Duke, and yes, he works for the King."

Irene was not interested to know more about the King. Instead, she was amazed to learn that Sylvaine's father was a Duke. She had never expected this outcome and she pouted lightly. 'This explains the grandeur of the place. Sylvaine's father is loaded.'

She was just about to ask her next question when she noticed Reyna stifling a yawn. The girl looked tired and Irene felt bad for keeping her awake until now. She regretted her actions and stretched her legs. "Reyna, I will ask you the remaining questions in the morning. I am tired now." She knew the girl would not leave if she asked her to rest. So, she made up a lie and told her that she was sleepy.

"I want to sleep."

Reyna did not doubt her words. Her Lady had gotten up after five days and it was not suspicious that she was lethargic and tired. She helped her lie down and pulled the duvet to her chin. She was just about to leave when Irene stopped her. "Wait, where is your room?"

"Milady, I will be in the quarters just beside yours."

"Is that your quarters?"

"Yes, Milady. It is the quarters meant for the maids who cater to you."

"I will see you in the morning. Good night." Irene waved at her with a bright smile on her face, making Reyna blush.

"Good night, Milady. Please call me if you need anything."

"I will. Thank you, Reyna, for taking care of me." Irene smiled at her in gratitude and waited until the girl left the room before she got up again.

'Wow, what kind of twisted drama is this?' She wondered and held her head in between her hands. "Am I now a Duke's daughter?" Although Irene was confused and lost, she was also secretly delighted. She found everything around her thrilling yet mysterious and she wanted to know more all of a sudden. 'At the same time, I must find out how to return home. Who can guide me on this?' She wondered and got off the bed.

Irene started to pace back and forth as she tried to sort her thoughts. Her mind was utterly distorted and she knew it would take her days to get back to normal. She stopped suddenly and returned to the mirror just beside her bed. A gasp left her lips when she saw the person in the reflection. Irene was looking at Sylvaine's reflection and to her disbelief, the girl looked just like her.

0