9. Prideful
74 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun's rays entered the room, spreading their warmth and brightness as the darkness faded slowly. The birds were chirping in happiness and people were slowly coming out of their houses, preparing themselves for the new day.

Reyna entered Sylvaine's room and was stunned to see her awake. "Milady, Good Morning." She greeted happily while Irene nodded at her. "Did you sleep well, Milady? Did you have any discomfort or were you able to sleep peacefully?"

Again Irene nodded at her, although that was not the truth. She had not gotten even one ounce of sleep the previous night after seeing her reflection in the mirror. Sylvaine looked just like her and this discovery had kept her awake the entire night. She could not believe and comprehend what she had seen and how she was in the body of a girl who looked just like her. She was in denial but could not ignore the truth that kept slapping her in the face.

Irene looked exhausted from not getting sleep the entire night. But she was too occupied with her thoughts to even think about sleeping. Sleep had abandoned her, leaving her with a room full of questions for which she had no answers.

Reyna also noticed her lack of energy, unlike the previous night when she had been in high spirits. "Is something bothering you, Milady?" She queried as she stood beside the bed.

"Say, Reyna, how normal it is to meet people with the same face as ours?" Irene asked absent-mindedly and Reyna frowned in confusion.

"Milady, who are you talking about? Does somebody else look like you?" She queried, trying to recall who the Lady was talking about. 'Who looks like Lady Sylvaine? Have I met her?' She wondered.

Reyna's voice brought Irene out of her reverie and she looked at her once. She cursed herself for being absent-minded and letting her thoughts loose. People would consider her crazy if they were to listen to her claims. Irene pursed her lips and decided to keep her thoughts to herself. "I was just asking, Reyna. Forget my question. It is not important."

"Milady, I will prepare your bath. Please wait for me."

Irene nodded and got off the bed. She stretched her hands before she padded towards the window. The white and golden curtains fluttered lightly with the wind and Irene spread them apart, allowing the light to hit her directly. She closed her eyes, basking in the sun's warmth before she leaned over and gazed at the view in front of her.

Irene gasped as soon as she saw the mesmerizing view in front of her. Her room overlooked the garden and she saw a variety of flowers in all colors spreading their joy and beauty around them. Right in the middle of the garden was a three-tier copper fountain and even from where she was, she could see the intricate designs on them.

"Milady, your bath is ready," Reyna spoke from behind and Irene sighed lightly.

"This a beautiful garden," Irene commented, unable to move her gaze away from the mesmerizing sight in front of her.

"Yes, Milady. It sure is. This is your favorite place in the entire mansions." Reyna added.

"It has to be given how alluring it is. It can captivate anyone at first sight."

"Yes, Milady.È Reyna agreed instantly. ÈMilady, His Grace will be here to meet you soon."

"I see. I will finish my bath before then."

Irene entered the bathroom and what she saw made her gasp again. The entire bathroom was painted in vintage colors, giving a warm feeling. There was a white circular bathtub at the center of the bathroom and the taps to the tub lay just beside them. Irene did even know how to explain her feelings at that moment. The bathroom was more luxurious than her whole life and she sighed, praising the Duke for his money-making skills.

Irene removed her dress and lowered herself into the hot water. She sighed in bliss as soon as the warm water touched her tense muscles. Her body felt at ease immediately and her lips curved into a smile. She could smell the faint fragrance of roses from the water and Irene's smile widened. She closed her eyes, reeling in the feeling of the soothing water around her. 'I could stay here all my life.' So she thought and stifled a yawn.

Her exhaustion got the best of her and coupled with the fact that she was in a bathtub filled with warm and soothing water, she felt drowsy, and soon, she slipped into a deep sleep, completely forgetting where she was.

It was not until she heard Reyna's voice from outside that she woke up from her slumber. At first, she was in a daze and wondered where she was before she recalled all that had happened to her. Then, she remembered where she was and who she had become now.

"Milady, is everything alright? Shall I come in? I am worried." Reyna's panicked voice fell on her ears and Irene closed her eyes before she got up slowly.

"I am fine, Reyna. I will be out in a minute." She yelled to stop the girl from panicking and stepped out of the bathtub, only to realize she had not brought her clothes in. She was just about to ask Reyna to pass her clothes when her eyes fell on a stack of clothes on the rack beside the sink. She approached the stand and her eyes widened when she saw what was lying on them.

Irene picked up a stocking and the soft material made her smile in ecstasy. Without any delay, she wore all the undergarments and was pleasantly stunned when she found a garter in the pile of clothes. However, she did not complain about it. Being a girl from the modern days, she liked all excellent quality clothes and the ones in front of her were expensive and of the finest quality.

Once done, she wrapped a towel around herself and stepped out. Reyna was waiting for her with her clothes for the day. "Milady, I have picked out your clothes for the day. Let me help you wear them."

Irene was still in a daze to see the dress in front of her. It was an indigo-colored long dress with a round neck and long sleeves. Although there was nothing special about the dress, it looked royal and elegant and Irene fell in love with it at once. She stepped forward and wore the dress immediately, with Reyna helping her with her hair. The material felt amazing on her skin and she wondered what it was. It was tight until her waist and had an A-line skirt that widened at the bottom.

Reyna helped her with her hair. While Irene had copper blonde hair, her host body Sylvanie was naturally blonde, which suited her face brilliantly. Reyna parted her hair in the middle and pinned a few strands on either side once she brushed her hair. Nothing more was required. Irene found herself absolutely stunning and she stopped Reyna from continuing.

Sylvaine already had a fair complexion and did not need anything more to accentuate her beauty. So, Reyna stopped after applying only a tiny amount of powder. Once done, she stepped back, admiring the beautiful woman before her.

The Lady looked like the Queen she was and Reyna could not help but be prideful of being her maid.

0