CHAPTER 194
84 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Lydia came down after waking up due to the loud noises and screams, her screams on seeing Scott lying in his own pool of blood in the middle of the living room jolted everyone awake.

Allison and Boyd groggily opened their eyes, holding their heads in pain, looking around in confusion before everything started slowly kicking in. 

“Lydia!” 

“Malia!” 

They both shouted and jumped up only to stare in confusion when they saw Lydia dumbly pointing at Scott badly mutilated form laid. 

“What the…” Boyd stuttered. 

“Malia!” Allison quickly caught and attempted to run up to check on her when the very person she was worried about came down with a towel wrapped around her hair, clearly coming out of the shower. 

“Great, you’re all awake.” She said and casually walked into the kitchen, twitching her nose as she saw the blood and destroyed cabinet, but said nothing and took one of the sandwiches neatly laid there. 

“Hmm. Needs more bacon.” 

“That’s it. Timeout for you.” Boyd stepped forward and grabbed the sandwich out of her hands and pulled the plate to himself. 

Malia looked at him with a hint of a scowl on her face. “I want a sandwich.”

“R-right.” He fumbled and gave her back her sandwich. Something about the way she looked at him scared him. 

“Malia, there’s a half dead teenager in your living room!” Allison said worriedly. 

“There should have been a dead teenager instead.” Malia said offhandedly. 

“Argh. Why do I feel like someone just slammed me into a fucking brick wall.” They heard Stiles mumble in the living room. “Scott! Guys!”

“Just great.” Malia grumbled but grabbed two more sandwiches nonetheless. 

“Don’t worry, he isn’t dead. Unfortunately.” They all heard the last part but pretended that they didn’t. 

“Is he like, still possessed?” Stiles asked, shifting slightly away from Scott. “Whoa!  That’s a lot of blood.”

“I think he’s good. I mean by the sixth time I– Yeah, I think he’s good.” She nodded to herself. 

Stiles was beside himself trying to get the blood off his hands while Lydia just looked confused at everything happening that she dumbly sat down in the dinning room. 

“The school…” She said in a whisper but Allison and Malia heard her just right. 

“The school…” She repeated loudly this time, arresting the motion of all that were in the room. “What happened?”

Sigh. Boyd looked at Allison who then  looked at Malia who shrugged. “A school bus exploded. Luckily no one died, but some were… maimed.”

Lydia snorted at Malia’s action of trying, but failing, to find a tame word to describe the gory scene. They were expecting her to have another break down but she just sniffled and hung her head low. Such things have been happening so much recently that her genuine reactions were turning into a dull exclaim. 

“And the half dead furry?” She pointed lazily at Scott from her hung head position. 

“The Nogitsune seems to have possessed him, influencing him to kill us from some repressed feelings of jealousy towards Tristan.” Boyd answered this time and took the chance to reveal what Scott had told him in the kitchen. 

“What?” Malia shouted in indignation at the look Lydia gave her regarding Scott’s state, which was basically asking if she had to go that far when she knew the boy was possessed. 

Stiles had been to reply with his dissatisfaction concerning how far Malia went with how she deeply she injured him when she could have easily suppressed him when the door opened and Tristan walked in. 

He frowned at the scene he arrived to, walking slowly as he surveyed the peculiarities in the room while everyone just kept silent for his reaction. 

Unlike whatever they had expected his first words to be, Tristan focus was entirely on something else. 

Turning to Malia with a frown still on his face, he pointed at the pool of blood in the middle of the room, “Did you have to stain the furniture too? Do you know how hard it will be to get rid of all of that?”

He grunted in dissatisfaction at Malia’s owlishly blinking face. “And the smell of blood is already seeping into the ground and the furniture.”

A string of blood connected to his fingers slithered to the puddle of blood on the floor and mixed some of Tristan’s blood with it, enabling him to gather all of them, except those already clotted and dried up, into a ball. 

“So? What became his deal?” 

“It’s somehow concerning how lackadaisical your whole reaction is.” Stiles remarked hazily but got no reply. 

“We think the possession is not directly it jumping bodies but rather extending its influence and magnifying negative emotions or dark desires.” Boyd supplemented, explain his observations and their short conversation with Scott before he swiftly knocked them out. 

“Right. Because it’s easier to manipulate an irrational person. Making them warmly susceptible to suggestions.” Tristan nodded. It was more in line with what he thought than anything extreme he’d dreaded. 

Scott was already slowly but visibly healing up after Tristan injected some of his blood into his body and now he and Boyd were trying to clean off the remaining blood stains with soap, baking soda and rags. 

“It’s already getting dark. They’ll be here soon.” Tristan said after they managed to get the last blood stain off. 

“Just to be clear, is it just you guys or are humans included too?” Stiles asked. 

“Probably just us.” Tristan’s jaw tightened at how extremely uncomfortable he was with the whole thing. Noshiko had said that the process might make him immobile for a few seconds to a minute – that was a lot of time for something to go wrong. 

It wasn’t like he could just refuse, especially when his theory about the possibility of one of them being possessed just came true minutes after he left. 

The moment the sun went down, everyone stood behind Tristan and Malia as three Onis emerged from the shadows. 

“Let me go first. That was you can react accordingly if anything goes wrong.” Malia held him back and took a confident stride towards the Onis. 

She stopped barely an arm from them with her hands dropped harmlessly to the side. 

“Well? Get on with it.” She snapped irately at the unmoving ninjas, promoting one of the Onis to come forward and extend its hands to the side of her head, specifically her ears, and stared intently at her with its glowing golden-green eyes. 

Malia twitched and slowly grew dazed under its stare and Tristan’s focus. All his senses told him was that Malia was slowly turning relaxed, hypnotized even. 

When it finally removed its hands, Malia fell backwards into Tristan’s waiting arms where he did another deeper scan of her body, yet he could find nothing wrong with her. 

“Is she alright?” 

“As far as I can tell, nothing is wrong with her.” His reply heavily placated the worrying Allison.

He laid Malia aside and brought the fainted Scott to the Onis, giving Malia time to wake up before it was his turn. 

Following the same procedure, it touched behind his ears and stared at Scott, longer than it did Malia, but marked him as clear after some extra soul-searching stare. 

“Don’t worry, Lydia. It’s just some masked demonic spectres. Nothing serious.” Lydia whispered to herself as she stepped forward as Tristan was laying Scott down. 

So far nothing had gone wrong and it was with that streak that Tristan finally stepped in. 

The strange thing when he did was that all the Onis just kept staring at him, all their eyes softly glowing as they stood unmoving in a stare off. 

‘So this is what it feels like to be a taboo. And here I was thinking that the supernatural world were doing a better job with not being stereotypical. But then again, Argent, and suddenly I can see why.’

Since they were under Noshiko’s control, and since she wasn’t in the market for a vampire’s head, Tristan wasn’t too worried at the prospect of a fight breaking our. 

Two of them came to Tristan’s side and each of them held a side of his head before proceeding to stare at him with three pair of golden-green eyes. 

It felt like a shock ran through his whole body and knocked out every single nerve ending in his body. His eyes weren’t even focused. 

When he finally came to, the blessed scene of his living room in one piece was like a relief pill. 

“How long was I out?” 

“Barely a minute.”

So far everything was proceeding all right and with that in mind, Tristan turned to Scott who was finally awake.

“Got anything to tell us?” He watched as Scott shifted uncomfortably in his seat, inhaling the sharply sour smell of regret and embarrassment. 

“Its— I don’t know what it is. Something… weird just came over me and I just became so–” 

“Jealous and angry?” Malia interjected, causing him to grab his head in shame. 

“Y-yeah.” 

Tristan stared at Scott for a second, a very long second, but ended up saying nothing and just pointed at the door. “Well the day is already over and we have an evil spirit to find so,”

As politely as he could, “Everyone mind getting out?”

.

.

Read up to 20 chapters ahead on my patreøn

Patreøn*com/Draul_TheOminous

6