A Little About the Past and Looking to the Future.
1.3k 10 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Maybe yes, maybe not... I don't know much about the Asuras either. After all, they were an extinct race before the Great Calamity," Li Qiang replied carelessly, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

"What is this Great Calamity you mentioned?" Fang Xue asked, her face filled with doubt and curiosity.

Li Qiang realized her mistake and thought, 'Well... Shit, I said something I shouldn't have.' She contemplated whether to tell Fang Xue the truth or keep it hidden.

"*Sigh*What we now call Gods were formerly known as Immortals. My title of Ancient Goddess means nothing more than the fact that I am from a time right after the Great Calamity," Li Qiang decided to reveal the entire truth, knowing that Fang Xue would eventually come across this knowledge.

"Although I claim to be Supreme in this universe, it is only in the light. There may be people who survived the Great Calamity, hiding in the darkness," Li Qiang replied, her voice tinged with embarrassment.

"I understand to some extent, but you still haven't explained what this Great Calamity was," Fang Xue persisted, refusing to be diverted from the real issue.

"While I'm not certain about the cause of this calamity, I do know that the cultivation system before it was different, civilizations were more advanced, and there were numerous powerful cultivators," Li Qiang continued, revealing a story known by few.

Lying down, Fang Xue began to reflect on the secret she had just discovered, feeling completely insignificant in the face of such a monumental revelation.

As these thoughts consumed her mind, her blood-gold glow hummed, and her thoughts turned into determination.

'Forget the past. Everyone who died was weak, and I refuse to be weak. I will stand above them all,' Fang Xue's dominant thought formed a vague shape of a 9-petaled lotus with a faint red halo on her glabella.

However, it vanished after a few seconds, as if it had never appeared.

Asura Inheritance.

Those were the words that echoed in Fang Xue's mind, accompanied by a strange sensation, as if something was calling out to her.

Observing all of this, Li Qiang began to experience a terrible headache at the sight of the lotus. It was as if her lost memories were attempting to resurface, but the pain subsided, and the feeling vanished.

When Fang Xue and Li Qiang snapped out of their trance, they looked at each other, and Fang Xue spoke.

"Let's forget the past and look to the future. We have many stories and questions, but no conclusions or answers. Tell me everything you know about the Asuras so that we can be prepared for any problems related to my lineage..." Fang Xue's voice was as calm as an ancient lake, devoid of worry about the events of the past.

'I am truly inferior to her in that regard,' Li Qiang thought quickly, acknowledging Fang Xue's ability to focus on the future without being burdened by the past.

"Alright... The Asuras were a race that was created by someone, unlike the others. However, Heaven and Earth, or the Celestial Dao as it was called in the past, did not recognize their existence and sought to eliminate them. The Asuras were protected by their creator, so the Dao couldn't directly act against them."

"In response, the Celestial Dao cursed the Asuras and later, when many powerhouses became enraged by the bloodthirsty acts of the Asuras, they decided to exterminate the race."

"That's all I know about them," Li Qiang concluded, sharing everything she had learned about the Asuras through her inheritance.

"I feel something calling me within this world. It might provide us with hints and clues about what happened. But for now, we must leave this accursed place and make contact with civilization. After all, I still have revenge to fulfill," Fang Xue said, rising to her feet and heading towards the river for another bath.

Li Qiang followed, still lost in thought, but quickly snapped out of it upon seeing Fang Xue undress in front of her. Blushing, Li Qiang turned away, attempting to distract herself from her naughty thoughts.

-------------------------------

Now clean again, but with her clothes torn in places, Fang Xue decided to leave the area and find a nearby town.

"Well... If we walk 100 miles in that direction, we might come across a small town to stay in," Fang Xue said, pointing south with her hand while holding Li Qiang with her other arm.

Li Qiang, still feeling slightly embarrassed and shy, made a sound of agreement and closed her eyes, appearing as though she was going to sleep.

Not dwelling on Li Qiang's behavior, Fang Xue started walking at a steady pace towards the nearest town.

After walking for about 30 miles, Fang Xue decided to take a break and engage in cultivation.

Along the way, she fought a few other demonic beasts, but none were as tough as the previous pack. Her Phantom Steps had improved, allowing her to execute them almost flawlessly. However, since it wasn't a true martial art or martial skill, Fang Xue didn't put much effort into perfecting it.

Sitting in the lotus position once again, Fang Xue performed the Chaotic Star Formula. She managed to make the light appear more quickly and endure the pressure for a few more seconds.

Covered in sweat and impurities, Fang Xue collapsed to the ground after enduring the pressure for 30 seconds.

"I have reached the 2nd Level," Fang Xue thought, before closing her eyes and drifting into a dream-like state.

After waking up and cleaning herself, Fang Xue repeated this process several times. Walk 30 miles, encounter and defeat some demon beasts, and then cultivate.

Finally, Fang Xue reached the 3rd Level of Body Training, with only 10 miles remaining before she could reach the nearest city, having already left the territory of Hell after walking 60 miles.

-----------------------------

Opening her eyes, Fang Xue looked at her body, now covered in sweat but with fewer impurities.

"I was able to reach the 3rd Level of Body Training without pushing my body to its limit," Fang Xue thought, getting up and walking her slightly sore body to a nearby lake to clean herself.

As she undressed and stepped into the lake, Fang Xue gazed at her reflection in the water, feeling a slight unease about the future.

"I wonder how things will go... Also, why has Li Qiang been acting so strangely lately?"

While cleaning herself and contemplating the future and Li Qiang, Fang Xue heard a noise. She raised her guard, scanning the source of the sound, and discovered a girl lying in a pool of blood at the edge of the lake.

52