The Story of the Ming Brothers and No Escape.
556 4 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Minutes before Ming Yun's death, Li Qiang hid in a corner, her black fur blending with the night's darkness. Using her incredibly strong soul power, Li Qiang erased her presence completely.

Even someone from the Heavenly Connection wouldn't be able to perceive her, even if she was standing right in front of them.

Li Qiang watched the fight between Fang Xue and Ming Yun, struggling to contain her urge to kill. Her heart was squeezed by an oppressive feeling as she witnessed the torture Fang Xue was enduring.

Truth be told, Li Qiang had lied to Fang Xue. As a mere fragment of a wounded soul, Li Qiang possessed strength equivalent to that of someone at the Essence of Spirit level. Even a Heavenly Connection opponent wouldn't be able to face her, as long as Li Qiang didn't mind inflicting a little more damage to her soul.

Li Qiang lied about her strength because she knew that if Fang Xue found out, she might rely too much on Li Qiang instead of developing her own power, which would be detrimental to Fang Xue's growth.

With these thoughts in mind, Li Qiang lied about her real strength and accepted Fang Xue's plan: she would attack Ming Yun at the crucial moment.

Fang Xue's plan from the beginning was to use the life-or-death situation to stimulate her potential and try to make a breakthrough. However, she wasn't sure if she would succeed. In the end, the plan worked and exceeded Fang Xue's expectations.

Although Fang Xue knew that it would be impossible to kill Ming Yun with her own hands, even after her breakthrough, she asked Li Qiang to attack him when he was off guard.

After eliminating Ming Yun, Fang Xue planned to attack Ming Bai, Ming Yun's brother and the other bandit leader, while he was still trying to break through, catching him off guard and killing him easily.

The plan seemed perfect, but Fang Xue couldn't predict that at the moment of Ming Yun's death, Ming Bai would feel his brother's passing. The mixture of emotions that ran through Ming Bai, from sadness to anger, propelled his cultivation to the Qi Sense Realm.

----------------------------------------------

When Fang Xue saw the blood trickling from Ming Yun's throat, she knew he was going to die any moment. While she was still lost in thought, watching Ming Yun die, she was abruptly pulled away from him.

Looking to the side, Fang Xue spotted the person, or rather, the rabbit, in whom she trusted most in the world: Li Qiang, who was staring at her with worried eyes, filling Fang Xue's heart with comforting warmth.

"Thank you," Fang Xue said, but before she could say anything else, a roar of anger and pain reverberated around them. A ten-meter-high pillar of fire emerged from one of the houses, engulfing it in flames.

A blur of extreme speed emerged from the flames, and Fang Xue barely had time to comprehend what was happening before she felt a gust of wind pass by her and a wave of heat invade her senses.

Turning towards the source of the heat, Fang Xue spotted a burly, bald man with bulging muscles, shirtless. He was embracing the cold, dying body of Ming Yun.

It didn't take much reasoning for Fang Xue to realize that the muscular man was Ming Bai, who had reached the Realm of Qi Sense.

"Brother, wake up..." said Ming Bai, embracing Ming Yun's body and feeling that he was cold, with no heartbeat.

The reality of death was undeniable, but Ming Bai was trying to deny it. After all, Ming Yun was his spiritual pillar, the only person he trusted in this world.

Ming Bai and Ming Yun were twin brothers, but their appearances and personalities were opposite. Ming Bai was robust, muscular, and had an explosive temper, preferring to solve everything with force.

On the other hand, Ming Yun was thin, refined, with long brown hair, remarkable beauty, and a cold and cunning personality, preferring to use his mind instead of force.

Despite their differences, the two were extremely close and trusted each other completely.

Their mother was a servant of the Ming Family, who became pregnant by the Patriarch, granting them a delicate status. Although they were children of the Patriarch, they had no right to succeed the family.

Patriarch Ming was cold towards both of them and did not love their mother, which made them suffer within the Ming Family. However, after some time, they revealed their talents for cultivation, completely changing their status within the family.

Ming Yun and Ming Bai were happy with the change in treatment, but this happiness did not last long. A faction of the family did not accept their rise and decided to use their mother as a hostage to destroy their talents.

The plan failed, resulting in the death of their mother instead of having her as a hostage. This filled both of them with hatred towards the Ming Family, as their mother was the only person who treated them with true sincerity.

Full of hate and bitterness, Ming Bai and Ming Yun left the Ming Family and embarked on a solitary journey through the world. They gathered other dissatisfied people and formed a group of bandits to find more people to help them avenge the Ming Family in the future.

Over time, they became accustomed to the life of bandits, plundering and robbing villages. Although they did not forget their revenge goals, they ended up attacking many other villages, justifying their monstrous actions as a way to achieve the long-desired revenge.

Just a few minutes ago, Ming Bai was filled with happiness as he felt he was closer to advancing to the Qi Sense Realm, as this would mean a step forward to avenge his mother and attack more villages.

However, he did not expect his brother to suddenly die, which prompted him to advance to the Qi Sense Realm more quickly.

Despite the advancement, Ming Bai did not feel any joy.

'If only I had advanced earlier...' Ming Bai thought in a self-deprecating tone, filled with anger and hatred, especially towards those responsible for his brother's death. His gaze turned towards Fang Xue and the black rabbit, whom he held responsible for Ming Yun's death.

"Don't think you can escape with a quick death," declared Ming Bai coldly, his eyes red with anger.

Fang Xue shuddered at the intensity of hatred and anger in that gaze, realizing that there was no chance of escape or resistance. She began to feel fear and despair.

I wasn't in the mood to write but wanted to write some to finish tomorrow and release a chapter tomorrow however I wrote so smoothly, and before I realized I had already written 1.9k words, so I decided to split it in 2 however I have feelings mixed in relation to the chapter I think it was very confusing and bad, but at the same time I don't know what exactly is causing me this. Comment what you think of the first part of it.

36