Heir of Gu Family and Celestial Omniscience.
612 3 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Yes, I want to receive them now!" Gu Ning stated in his mind, his heart fluttering in anticipation, to find out what he had won.

[DING! The Host has retrieved the 'Initial Kit'... Loading rewards...]

[DING! The Host has received:

1x Bone Marrow Cleansing.

1x Random Physique.

1x Divine-level Cultivation Technique.]

Upon hearing his rewards, Gu Ning jumped out of bed and stood still and silent. However, soon a laughter filled with happiness echoed through the room.

"Hahahaha, I am truly a Heaven-favored Son." Gu Ning laughed wildly, but soon calmed down and pondered his next step.

"I am a useless, talentless person, and that's why I don't have a position in the Gu family." Gu Ning began to reflect on his life in this new world.

He, Gu Ning, was a talentless person, even worse than Hu Wen. After all, she managed to enter Body Training, while he was unable to transcend his mortal condition and walk the path of divinity.

However, his mother loved him deeply and protected him with her high position in the Gu Family.

Now, Gu Ning had received an opportunity to ascend to the Heavens in a single step. This would change his destiny and his position in the Gu family forever.

But, if he went from being useless to a divine talent, it would raise many doubts about him. Therefore, Gu Ning needed to carefully consider his next move.

[DING! The System has a suggestion. Does the Host wish to hear it?] Suddenly, the cold and mechanical voice of the system echoed in Gu Ning's mind, delighting him to realize that his system could even help him with this.

"Sure!" Gu Ning replied, eager to discover how the system could assist him.

[The Host can claim to have awakened his talent through the lineage of the Gu Ancestor.] The System pronounced a short and concise sentence, which confused Gu Ning.

"Explain further." Gu Ning asked the system to provide more information, as he felt that the system would give him the necessary excuse to show his divine talent, but he needed to fully understand what that emotionless mechanical entity was thinking.

[Affirmative. The Gu family possesses an extremely powerful Ancestor who ascended to the Divine World hundreds of thousands of years ago. Before ascending, the Gu Ancestor left his lineage in the mortal world, as well as his heritage within that lineage.

One day, the true heir of the Gu Family appeared and astonished everyone with his talent. However, a war between Humans and Demons broke out, and the Gu heir perished in it, dealing a major blow to the Gu family.

As a result, the Gu Family was forced to leave the central continent and settle in a more secluded location, the City of Clouds.] The System narrated the story of the Gu Family, which left Gu Ning completely surprised. After all, how could the System know all this, something that happened hundreds of thousands of years ago?

"How do you know all this? Furthermore, there is a flaw in this plan. How could I be the heir of the Gu Ancestor if I have been useless all this time?" Gu Ning found his family's story incredible, but there were still some questions he needed to ponder.

[Host, I utilized my unique ability: Celestial Omniscience, which allowed me to connect with the Heavens and visualize the past.

Furthermore, the Host need not worry, as both the Gu Ancestor and the past Gu Heir were reincarnated individuals. Both only had their talents released at the age of 16; before that, they were like the Host, talentless.

Logically, your father, as the Patriarch of the family, must be aware of this story. Seeing that you possess divine talent, he will believe that you are the Heir of the Gu Ancestor.]

Upon hearing the System's response, Gu Ning was completely enchanted. Not only was it proven that his System's unique ability was incredibly powerful, but now he had the perfect excuse to showcase his talent without reservation and gain access to all the resources of the Gu Family.

"So, let's not waste any more time. I want to receive all my rewards now." Gu Ning no longer hesitated, now that he had the perfect excuse to explain why his talent had awakened only at the age of 16.

[DING! Initiating bone marrow cleansing.] The System pronounced coldly, and Gu Ning's body began to heat up until it turned completely red.

Feeling his blood rushing at incredible speeds within his body, Gu Ning started to feel a black, foul, sticky liquid being expelled through his pores.

Gu Ning's body soon became completely covered in these impurities, and the room began to emit a rancid smell.

However, Gu Ning didn't have time to pay attention to his surroundings because he started to feel his bones cracking, producing loud sounds.

The cracking was followed by pain, which forced Gu Ning to clench his teeth and endure. However, the pain lasted for a short time because he soon heard a voice in his mind.

[DING! Reducing Host's pain.] The System began to diminish the pain felt by Gu Ning, who now only felt a kind of itchiness on his skin and bones. It was unpleasant, but nothing compared to the previous pain.

The cracking of his bones and the expulsion of impurities from his body lasted for a full 10 minutes, but the effects of the Cleansing were soon felt by Gu Ning.

His body felt lighter; he had never felt so well before. Not only that, but his bones were now whiter and stronger, his blood denser, redder, and exuding vitality.

[DING! Bone marrow cleansing complete.] Gu Ning heard the System's notification, but he also heard the sound of a spinning roulette.

[DING! Congratulations, the Host has gained the Divine-level Physique: Warrior Yang's Physique.]

When the sound of the roulette stopped and the System's words echoed in Gu Ning's head, his body began to heat up again. However, this time, Gu Ning felt nothing but incredible pleasure.

Letting out a small moan of pleasure, Gu Ning closed his eyes and didn't notice that flames began to form around him, causing the impurities released from his body to evaporate.

Not only the impurities, but soon his entire room was engulfed in flames, which finally caught the attention of people passing by the room.

"Look, why is Gu Ning's room on fire?" The maids and people around started to gather and whisper as they saw the fire spreading through the courtyard.

Hua Feng was nearby, returning with medicinal soup for Gu Ning. However, with her heightened senses, she heard all the commotion, and her heart raced with anxiety, fearing that something might happen to her beloved son.

Running at an incredible speed, Hua Feng arrived at her son's courtyard and saw that Elders and her husband, Patriarch Gu, were already in front of the courtyard.

"Husband, what's happening?" Hua Feng asked anxiously, observing the scorching golden fire that burned the entire courtyard.

"I don't know either, but we set up a barrier to prevent the fire from spreading." Patriarch Gu replied, pretending confusion, but there was a glimmer of hope in his eyes as he witnessed the flames and thought of his son Gu Ning.

If the flames were caused by his son, there was a great chance that he would be the heir of their family's Ancestor. And if that were confirmed, with great care, the Gu Family could regain its former glory.

Hua Feng noticed nothing strange in her husband and simply nodded, positioning herself by his side, watching the golden flames being contained by the barrier.

After five minutes of anxiety and waiting, the flames started to retract at an incredible speed, and the courtyard, now with a completely darkened ground, came into view for everyone.

However, no one paid attention to the condition of the courtyard, but rather to the beautiful young man sitting cross-legged in the middle of it.

The young man was completely naked, but no one cared, because a warm and powerful aura emanated from him, surprising everyone. After all, that powerful aura came from Gu Ning, the talentless young man considered a failure!

"Look, is that Gu Ning? Why is his aura so powerful?" Someone in the crowd whispered, causing a great commotion.

The Elders were also surprised, but Patriarch Gu was the one who was most surprised and, moreover, extremely happy.

"HAHAHAHA, my Family will rise again!" Patriarch Gu couldn't contain himself and began to laugh madly, frightening everyone around him.

However, Patriarch Gu paid no attention to it and ran towards Gu Ning, who didn't even have time to open his eyes before his wrist was grabbed.

"It is indeed the legendary Warrior Yang's Physique. He must be the Ancestor's heir." Patriarch Gu whispered and then turned to the crowd with a cold and serious expression.

"From today onward, the heir of the Gu Family is Gu Ning. And anyone who dares to reveal what happened just now, I will show you what hell is." Patriarch Gu's cold and threatening voice echoed through the place, sending shivers down everyone's spines.

Meanwhile, behind the Patriarch, Gu Ning smiled lightly, thinking, 'I didn't even have to do much. If I lie a little more, I can have everything from the Gu Family at my disposal.'

Sorry for the delay of chapters, but this week was busy, but I didn't forget to write.
As I said before, this is the last chapter of Gu Ning's POV, in the next one it's back to Gu Ning and Hu Wen, and back with our protagonists, Fang Xue and Li Qiang.
Tell me what you think of the chapter and if you can tell the difference between Fang Xue and the reincarnators.
Thank you and I love you.
With Love, Author.

35