Chapter 14: The Messenger
68 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Ella and L-1 continued to walk through the city, they were stopped by a hooded figure. The figure spoke in a low, ominous voice, "You may have defeated Lilith, but she was merely a pawn in a greater game."

Ella and L-1 exchanged a worried look. "What do you mean?" Ella asked.

The figure stepped out of the shadows, revealing a face that neither of them recognized. "There are powers at play beyond your understanding. Powers that even Lilith was not aware of."

"What powers?" L-1 asked, his hand moving closer to his weapon.

The figure's eyes glinted with a strange light. "Powers that seek to rule this world. Powers that seek to destroy all that is good."

Ella stepped forward, her fists clenched. "Who are they? What do they want?"

The figure smiled darkly. "They are the true masters of this world, and they want nothing less than complete domination. But they are not invincible. There are those who stand against them. Those who fight for freedom and justice."

Ella and L-1 exchanged a look of determination. "We are those people," Ella said firmly.

The figure nodded. "I know. That is why I have come to warn you. Be careful, Lightbringer. The path ahead will be fraught with danger."

With those words, the figure disappeared back into the shadows as people walked by to avoid suspicion.

Ella and L-1 continued their walk through the city, their minds racing with thoughts of the new threat they faced. They knew that they had to be ready for whatever lay ahead, for the sake of Antavega and all the people who called it home, and also for the earth where Ella came from.

***********

He then appears back from the shadows 

he spoke. "I have been sent to deliver a message to the Lightbringer."

Ella stepped forward. "Who sent you, and what is the message?"

The man reached into his cloak and pulled out a small envelope. "This is for you," he said, handing it to Ella. "It is from someone who wishes to remain anonymous."

Ella opened the envelope and read the message inside. Her eyes widened in shock as she read the words.

"What does it say?" L-1 asked, noticing the look on Ella's face

Ella handed the message to L-1, who read it aloud. "It says, 'Beware. They are still alive.'"

Ella's mind raced as she tried to make sense of the message. Who were "they"? And how did this person know that they were still alive?

"Who are you?" she asked the man, hoping he could provide some answers.

The man remained silent for a moment before speaking. "I am a messenger. That is all you need to know."

With that, he turned and disappeared into the shadows once again without leaving a trace 

Ella and L-1 exchanged a worried glance. It seemed that their work was not yet done. There were still forces out there, working against them, and they had no idea who or what they were.

"We need to find out who sent this message," Ella said, determination in her voice. "We can't let anyone else get hurt."

L-1 nodded in agreement. "Agreed. But first, we need to find out who 'they' are. It could be anyone."

L-1 thought for a moment before an idea came to her. "I know someone who might be able to help us. He's a powerful sorcerer who lives on the outskirts of Antavega. His name is Azrael."

Ella looked skeptical. "Are you sure we can trust him?"

L-1 nodded. "I've heard that he's helped others in the past. And besides, we don't have any other leads right now."

Ella sighed. "Very well. Let's go find this Azrael and see if he can shed some light on this situation."

As they set off towards Azrael's home, Ella couldn't shake the feeling of unease. Who were "they," and what did they want? And most importantly, could she and L-1 stop them before it was too late?

 

 

0